Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Curtis after "Fandango"

we all know vince likes to test his superstars of the future by giving them a crappy gimmick early in their career and see how they handle it. at least that is my take.

Shawn Michaels (rockers) before HBK
    "Ringmaster" Steve Austin before Stone Cold (i mean the ringmaster did not ever talk!!)
    "Blue Blood" Hunter Hearst Helmsley before HHH
    Rocky Miaivia before The Rock

etc, etc...true talent always overcomes the gimmick.

i can see Curtis excelling in a role similar to a heel HBK circa 1996-1998. arrogant, good looking, very good in ring ability, and you cannot deny the all important "it" factor that Ziggler simply does not have. i thought Dolph would slide into that role, but there is just something missing with him that i cannot put my finger on. he tries too hard to be cocky. Curtis is naturally cocky.

do you think curtis has a future after "Fandango"? do you see him as a future main event'er?

i say yes to both.

Quote Originally Posted by SHW View Post
    we all know vince likes to test his superstars of the future by giving them a crappy gimmick early in their career and see how they handle it. at least that is my take.

"Ringmaster" Steve Austin before Stone Cold (i mean the ringmaster did not ever talk!!)

etc, etc...true talent always overcomes the gimmick.

i can see Curtis excelling in a role similar to a heel HBK circa 1996-1998. arrogant, good looking, very good in ring ability, and you cannot deny the all important "it" factor that Ziggler simply does not have. i thought Dolph would slide into that role, but there is just something missing with him that i cannot put my finger on. he tries too hard to be cocky. Curtis is naturally cocky.

do you think curtis has a future after "Fandango"? do you see him as a future main event'er?

i say yes to both.
    I disagree, Ziggler does have the "it" factor. If you can remember, Ziggler started off with The Spirit Squad, so add that to the list as well .

But anyway, Ziggler has everything that the people want in a heel. He has attitude, amazing in ring ability, and he sells like crazy. Trust me, I'm not a Ziggler mark but this guy has caught my attention over the past few months.

I do think Curtis has it in him but I'm not sure if we will ever see it. "Fandangoing" is already dead since the WWE started to force it on us, so VKM will probably take it out on poor Curtis.

Creative Member of RTE

EWNCW:
    Van Darius

TWE/RTE:

Van Darius:
    *TWE/RTE Champion (9/23/12 - 2/14/14)

IWA:
    Ivan Draymen
    Van Darius
    *IWA Endurance Champion (4/28/13 - 8/4/13)

WWE:
    * Sheamus (US Champion 1/20/13 - )
    * Rob Van Dam

Dream Team Invitational:
    *The Vandals (w/ Van Hooligan X)

I hope so, I like Fandango and it seems like as the weeks go on, he gets more and more signs in the audience. He even beginning to get cheered more, now I won't say he will be a top main-event star. But I do see him holding a mid-card title this year. But who knows if he continues to gain popularity, and more heat he may very well win a world title. I mean if Khali can do it why not Fandango.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandarius View Post
    I disagree, Ziggler does have the "it" factor. If you can remember, Ziggler started off with The Spirit Squad, so add that to the list as well .

But anyway, Ziggler has everything that the people want in a heel. He has attitude, amazing in ring ability, and he sells like crazy. Trust me, I'm not a Ziggler mark but this guy has caught my attention over the past few months.

I do think Curtis has it in him but I'm not sure if we will ever see it. "Fandangoing" is already dead since the WWE started to force it on us, so VKM will probably take it out on poor Curtis.
    I actually, don't really want that in a heel. Ziggler's selling is much better for a face. A bad guy shouldn't look that weak in a match.

Vince did what he was supposed to do, in my opinion. If he hadn't of done anything, that would have been a major toss-away of something hot.Fandango after?

go back to creepy curtis ala Curtis/Maxine/Chloroform
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by SHW View Post

Shawn and Marty were in the Midnight Rockers in the AWA, before Vince/WWF

HHH was Jean-Paul Lévesque in WCW, a very similar gimmick in which he also used the Pedigree as his finisher.

There is so little to go off of, and so subjective of the definition of success in wrestling that I have no idea why you'd even speculate on something like this at this time.. must be a HUGE fandango mark or just really bored.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    I actually, don't really want that in a heel. Ziggler's selling is much better for a face. A bad guy shouldn't look that weak in a match.

Vince did what he was supposed to do, in my opinion. If he hadn't of done anything, that would have been a major toss-away of something hot.Fandango after?

go back to creepy curtis ala Curtis/Maxine/Chloroform
    He shouldn't? Is there a law that states "Heels should not sell good and must look strong" Dolph is one of those always has to super cheat to win kinda of guys, and anyway when he faces big guys he can make them look amazing!

Blog Entries
    I don't think the intent is to give them a crappy gimmick and see if they thrive, I just believe Vince loves to throw around crappy gimmicks full stop. For every HBK or Stone Cold there's a Mantaur or Bastion Booger or Saba Simba that didn't get over and are largely forgotten. Vince just throws gimmicks at the wall and sees what sticks. That Shawn or Dwayne got over has as much to do with their own charisma as any 'planned out scenario' that Vinny Mac has in mind for their careers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    He shouldn't? Is there a law that states "Heels should not sell good and must look strong" Dolph is one of those always has to super cheat to win kinda of guys, and anyway when he faces big guys he can make them look amazing!
    Agreed. HBK did it for years as a heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I don't think the intent is to give them a crappy gimmick and see if they thrive, I just believe Vince loves to throw around crappy gimmicks full stop. For every HBK or Stone Cold there's a Mantaur or Bastion Booger or Saba Simba that didn't get over and are largely forgotten. Vince just throws gimmicks at the wall and sees what sticks. That Shawn or Dwayne got over has as much to do with their own charisma as any 'planned out scenario' that Vinny Mac has in mind for their careers.
    When I was younger I thought The Rock had an elvis presley type gimmick.