Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm going to do current gimmicks because I'm cool like that.

5.) Kane- Monster face is a cool gimmick. It's worked so far.

4.) Antonio Cesaro- heel facade that's almost guaranteed to get heat.

3.) Sheamus- Celtic Warrior, allows him to be an aggressive face

2.) Daniel Bryan- Favorite guy on the roster... his crazy yes/no man gimmick has allowed him to get mega over.

1.) The Shield- Clear best gimmick in today's WWE IMO... So much potential.
    Ok normally I am not a loss for words but you nailed it perfectly here and all I can say is...good job!

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

5. Kevin Thorn/ Mordecai - I am into the weirder the better gimmicks!

4. Mankind - Crazy psycho like gimmick with Mr. Socko.

3. Perry Saturn and Moppy - was just entertaining as hell!

2. The Shield - Great military style gimmick.

1. Undertaker - I mean seriously this has lasted the test of time and is still impressive.

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
    2. The Undertaker
    3. Rowdy Roddy Piper
    4. "The Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman
    5. Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm going to do current gimmicks because I'm cool like that.

5.) Kane- Monster face is a cool gimmick. It's worked so far.

4.) Antonio Cesaro- heel facade that's almost guaranteed to get heat.

3.) Sheamus- Celtic Warrior, allows him to be an aggressive face

2.) Daniel Bryan- Favorite guy on the roster... his crazy yes/no man gimmick has allowed him to get mega over.

1.) The Shield- Clear best gimmick in today's WWE IMO... So much potential.
    Oops. I put something but then read your note at the top.
    Last edited by DK Wrestling Savior; 04-19-2013 at 10:49 AM.

All Time Gimmicks. Wow. this will be tough. My top 3 will be easy, but it's the filling out the bottom 2 w/ honorable mentions that will be a t ask. Here we go.

Honorable Mentions: New Age Outlaws & DX, Gangrel, Razor Ramon, Diesel, Vader, Berzerker (I found him funny), Mordecai, Million Dollar Man, Honky Tonk Man,

5. Jake the Snake Roberts
    4. Goldust
    3. Kane
    2. Mankind
    1. The Undertaker
    Last edited by DK Wrestling Savior; 04-19-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    All Time???
    Nope, those are just current gimmicks. Choosing gimmicks from different era's would make my head explode... lol, too much to choose from for me. I'm a huge wrestling fan, and have been for most of my life... It would be too tough to be partial at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking View Post
    Ok normally I am not a loss for words but you nailed it perfectly here and all I can say is...good job!
    Thanks man.
    #TeamGeeky

Jake the Snake Roberts
    Road Warriors (Bikers)
    Bastion Booger
    Honky Tonk Man
    Tatanka

The 80's were all about gimmicks,
    MB

I will go by how over the gimmick got/has gotten and how well that person performs it;
    1. Mr Perfect - There was a running joke that he was legitimately perfect. There was a point where people actually tried to LOOK for botches to rib him!
    2. Undertaker/kane/Sting - Just the pure longetivity of the characters - legends who constantly try and reinvent themselves.
    3. Goldust - Who would have thought Dustin Rhodes could pull off a creepy cross dresser? This character was HATED back in the day to his effeminate character and how amazing he was at being a heel. Equally great as a comedic face!
    4.Chris Jericho (The guy is an actual rock star, which is exactly what Chris Jericho has been since his late WCW days - Ralphus was a roadie if anybody wasn't sure )
    5.Stone Cold Steve Austin - Had the whole audience behind him. The fan titled "catalyst" of the most successful point in wrestling history. A talented wrestler that didn't even need to display technical skills to get over because let's be honest - his character got him over. He was essentially a working class, blue collar guy that hated his rich, tyrannical boss.
    Tie: Mr Mcmahon - His feuds with Austin were legendary and without Mr Mcmahon, i don't think Austin, or WWE, would have hit the heights it did. EVERYBODY in the late 90s were talking about their feud!!
    HBK, HHH and mankind also narrowly missing out because nobody has reinvented themselves as much as these two. Two of the most hated and beloved grapplers in recent memory.

Currently:
    In no order;
    Bully Ray - he does have everyone hating him right now and from stories years ago, he is supposedly to be a genuine bully.

CM Punk - He is hated (and smark loved) as a heel and loved as a face.

Cena - Love him or hate him, he has kids and women in the palm of his hand. He is a company guy that definitely lives upto his character - he goes FURTHER than any other person to keep the gimmick up too. He believes in respect and he constantly refers to himself and the fans as "we". His make a wish contributions definitely give the impression that he genuinely cares about the fans so not only is he "John Cena" the character in the ring, he pretty much LIVES in character outside the ring (especially when around fans). Not to mention, since everybody went part time (and edge and batista left), Cena carreid the WWE on his back until Punk was pushed.

Damien Sandow - His genius character is just amazing and he pulls it off well. He could be as stupid as a brick wall, but he definitely doesn't come across as someone "acting" intelligent and cultured, you genuinely think he is.

Del Rio - C'mon, the guy is over! He has cool mariachi band theme music and a goofy mexican side kick ! He's still smug, rich and vain outside the ring, but inside the guy is actually a pretty good grappler.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

What a fun topic. Kudos.

My top five....damn it's gonna be hard, because there's so many I like. Here we go.

1. Original Freebirds

1. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

2. Heel AE Rock

3. Nature Boy Ric Flair and the original 4 horsemen

4. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Honorable mentions to Y2J...the Ayatollah of Rock in Rollah AE version, Jake The Snake Roberts, Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner, CM Punk, Undertaker, HBK, Randy Macho Man Savage, Superstar Billy Graham, Jessie The Body Ventura, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff, Dudley Boys, LOD, Midnight Express, Million Dollar Man, Dusty Rhodes, Mankind
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 04-19-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    5 Mankind
    4 raven
    3 dolph zigglar
    2 Jeff hardy later years ( though in tna I loved anti Christ
    1 the boogyman he could been modern day undertaker he would be a awesome awesome awesome heel

Lana the only reason i like Rusev

RTE Creator of
    Graves and Deception, Silas Parker and Blaze Evans ( Amazing Perfection)

IWA creator of
    Dakota Graves ( The New Generation)

SWA creator of
    Aries

WWE Fantasy Fed
    Heath Slater, Leo Kruger & Kevin Thorn ( HellRaisers)

WWE Prediction Contest
    2014 EC 1st