Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Cool top 5 favoraite Gimmicks?

Idk if this was done before but I would like to know what everybodys top 5 fav gimmicks of all time are, just to get a sence of what everyone here likes

1 for me is the Undertakers gimmick. There has never been anything like it anywhere. His entrances, especially a lot of WM ones, just captivate you. Thays one thing I never like to miss is an Undertaker Entrance. And then the storys they told when he was "the dark lord" and did the whole ministy thing. Its was friggin great. That the kind of story telling we need today. The way he cuts his promos. The dark mystery about him. I could go on and in and thats why this one tops my list

2 for me would have to be Razor Ramon. Now Scott Hall did look nor sound Cuban. But he was able to pull the Characer off and it was one of the best gimmicks of that time.

3 Would be Randy Ortons Legend Killer gimmick. Thats was a GREAT way to push a young talent climbing the ladder. And there were a lot of good matches and storys put on with this gimmick. I just wished they took the time to write storys and push tounger guys like they did him back then

4 would be Stone Cold Steve Austin. I was toung watching the Attitude Era, probably around 8 whem it started to kick off. So what kid did u knoe in the 90s who didn't like watching a "badass" whether it be in the movies or television. There will never be another badass like Austin and the things he did with thay character rop of the line, iver the ropes, and just about unpredictable

5 for me would have to be Cm Punks SES gimmick. I always like watching Punk sinc he arrived. I likd his look and I jusy thought yhe pepsi symbol was awesome. Lol don't juge me. And I loved what he did with Jeff Hardy who was my absolute favorate at the time. But the Straight Edge savior was just some thing he did thay made me live to hate i which resulted with him becomeing one of my favorites

It was hard for me to just do just 5 when u got gimmicks like The deranged mankind, the kane with the voice changer, golddust (before he was a joke) Matt Hardy V1.o and many more. But I'm pretty satisfied with the ones I chose

Blog Entries
    I'm going to do current gimmicks because I'm cool like that.

5.) Kane- Monster face is a cool gimmick. It's worked so far.

4.) Antonio Cesaro- heel facade that's almost guaranteed to get heat.

3.) Sheamus- Celtic Warrior, allows him to be an aggressive face

2.) Daniel Bryan- Favorite guy on the roster... his crazy yes/no man gimmick has allowed him to get mega over.

1.) The Shield- Clear best gimmick in today's WWE IMO... So much potential.
    #BeJelly

You know what right be fore I came back on I thought "I shouldve did current". But whatever. And ill agree that the shield had the best gimmick going right now. Not like thay Aces & 8s snooze fest

I will go by how over the gimmick got/has gotten and how well that person performs it;
    1. Mr Perfect - There was a running joke that he was legitimately perfect. There was a point where people actually tried to LOOK for botches to rib him!
    2. Undertaker/kane/Sting - Just the pure longetivity of the characters - legends who constantly try and reinvent themselves.
    3. Goldust - Who would have thought Dustin Rhodes could pull off a creepy cross dresser? This character was HATED back in the day to his effeminate character and how amazing he was at being a heel. Equally great as a comedic face!
    4.Chris Jericho (The guy is an actual rock star, which is exactly what Chris Jericho has been since his late WCW days - Ralphus was a roadie if anybody wasn't sure )
    5.Stone Cold Steve Austin - Had the whole audience behind him. The fan titled "catalyst" of the most successful point in wrestling history. A talented wrestler that didn't even need to display technical skills to get over because let's be honest - his character got him over. He was essentially a working class, blue collar guy that hated his rich, tyrannical boss.
    Tie: Mr Mcmahon - His feuds with Austin were legendary and without Mr Mcmahon, i don't think Austin, or WWE, would have hit the heights it did. EVERYBODY in the late 90s were talking about their feud!!
    HBK, HHH and mankind also narrowly missing out because nobody has reinvented themselves as much as these two. Two of the most hated and beloved grapplers in recent memory.

Currently:
    In no order;
    Bully Ray - he does have everyone hating him right now and from stories years ago, he is supposedly to be a genuine bully.

CM Punk - He is hated (and smark loved) as a heel and loved as a face.

Cena - Love him or hate him, he has kids and women in the palm of his hand. He is a company guy that definitely lives upto his character - he goes FURTHER than any other person to keep the gimmick up too. He believes in respect and he constantly refers to himself and the fans as "we". His make a wish contributions definitely give the impression that he genuinely cares about the fans so not only is he "John Cena" the character in the ring, he pretty much LIVES in character outside the ring (especially when around fans). Not to mention, since everybody went part time (and edge and batista left), Cena carreid the WWE on his back until Punk was pushed.

Damien Sandow - His genius character is just amazing and he pulls it off well. He could be as stupid as a brick wall, but he definitely doesn't come across as someone "acting" intelligent and cultured, you genuinely think he is.

Del Rio - C'mon, the guy is over! He has cool mariachi band theme music and a goofy mexican side kick ! He's still smug, rich and vain outside the ring, but inside the guy is actually a pretty good grappler.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

1. Undertaker/Kane/Paul Bearer

2. Bryan Danielson

3. Jimmy Wang Yang

4. Jamie Noble

5. Edge/Christian tag team/the Dudleys -tie

Punk would be on my list- but any gimmick(being a heel or face) he does is great

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Mr. Backlund - Crazy oldman.

Sean o' Haire - Devil's advocate.

The Hurricane - Super Hero

Matt Hardy - Mattitude V.1

Mankind - Just a damn psycho.

There have been so many it is hard to list a favorite.

Undertaker is a must for me, ive always loved the guy.

The Rock N Sock gimmick was tons of fun when it was going on

Kane back when he was a badass

I was always a fan of the Hardy boyz, in a team or on their own.

Muhammad Hassan was another one that could have been amazing in time.

Raven- Awesome gimmick,kinda like a grunge version of a cult leader

Goldust-the way Dustin Rhodes embraced this gimmick and just was so over the top with it it was amazing

Undertaker-just a great gimmick it stood the test of time,,i just didnt dig the Bikertaker,,American Badass phase

King Booker- his mannerisims were hilarious i truly enjoyed his run as King Booker

Muhammed Hassan-i have to agree with the guy above me,,Hassan was good in the ring and he drew mega heat i enjoyed his short run in wwe

5. Kevin Thorn/ Mordecai - I am into the weirder the better gimmicks!

4. Mankind - Crazy psycho like gimmick with Mr. Socko.

3. Perry Saturn and Moppy - was just entertaining as hell!

2. The Shield - Great military style gimmick.

1. Undertaker - I mean seriously this has lasted the test of time and is still impressive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm going to do current gimmicks because I'm cool like that.

5.) Kane- Monster face is a cool gimmick. It's worked so far.

4.) Antonio Cesaro- heel facade that's almost guaranteed to get heat.

3.) Sheamus- Celtic Warrior, allows him to be an aggressive face

2.) Daniel Bryan- Favorite guy on the roster... his crazy yes/no man gimmick has allowed him to get mega over.

1.) The Shield- Clear best gimmick in today's WWE IMO... So much potential.
    Ok normally I am not a loss for words but you nailed it perfectly here and all I can say is...good job!

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain