Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Post Cody Rhodes' WWE future

    -- Cody Rhodes quit Twitter shortly after his match was removed at the last minute from WrestleMania 29, and the speculation was that it was because he was upset with WWE. It has been two weeks now since he has posted anything on the social media website. The belief is that he is still quite frustrated with his role in the company.

    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...s-job-security

    I'm beginning to wonder if Rhodes may be leaving the WWE, we shall see.

  2. #2
    I personally don't think he will.

    I think they should have had him & Sandow win the tag titles when they were hot and then used them to really get the tag division going, rather then splitting them only to put them together again as they lost there momentum. For me, it's only a matter of time before Cody bounces back and is in a decent feud again. (Hopefully with his brother! I wish.)

    IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

    HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

    General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.



  3. #3
    Fresh Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    56
    Blog Entries
    2
    It's a sad story - Cody had the WWE in the palm of his hand at one stage. But he hasn't been the same since that lame ass feud with Big Show at WM27. It was so, so stupid putting him in that feud, because I couldn't see Big Show making Cody look good in any way. After that I think they see Cody as someone who can't do "everything" and lost the faith. He should have feuded with someone in the same mold as Jericho, but Y2J was busy with Punk/Ziggler during that time, and that Jericho-mold is hard to find. The "Where to now?" question for Cody isn't an easy one to answer.

  4. #4
    The problem with Cody was that as soon as they gave him the IC Title, they immediately pushed him to the moon to the point where they were stuck either having to hot shot him to the world title or cool off on his push. Cody is still very young. The days of giving 20-something kids world title reigns are over. Either they accomplish everything early and they end up leaving like Brock and Rock did, or they get played out and stale before they turn 30, like Orton and Cena. WWE doesn't want to see that happen with Cody.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
    The problem with Cody was that as soon as they gave him the IC Title, they immediately pushed him to the moon to the point where they were stuck either having to hot shot him to the world title or cool off on his push. Cody is still very young. The days of giving 20-something kids world title reigns are over. Either they accomplish everything early and they end up leaving like Brock and Rock did, or they get played out and stale before they turn 30, like Orton and Cena. WWE doesn't want to see that happen with Cody.
    Pretty much this. It's a pretty crappy situation to be in.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Mandias View Post
    It's a sad story - Cody had the WWE in the palm of his hand at one stage. But he hasn't been the same since that lame ass feud with Big Show at WM27. It was so, so stupid putting him in that feud, because I couldn't see Big Show making Cody look good in any way. After that I think they see Cody as someone who can't do "everything" and lost the faith. He should have feuded with someone in the same mold as Jericho, but Y2J was busy with Punk/Ziggler during that time, and that Jericho-mold is hard to find. The "Where to now?" question for Cody isn't an easy one to answer.
    Can not agree more.

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    517
    Blog Entries
    9
    I see him sticking around. I feel like he'd sink to the bottom at another top promotion. Although he may never win a world title, he still has plenty of years left in a promising overall career.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere View Post
    I see him sticking around. I feel like he'd sink to the bottom at another top promotion. Although he may never win a world title, he still has plenty of years left in a promising overall career.
    Don't be so sure about this. He is as talented as Ziggler, so I would not be surprised if Creative push him in the near future. And he deserves it.

  9. #9
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,716
    Cody Rhodes is TNA's saviour. He will rescue them front Aces and eights.


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

  10. #10
    Normal Member LuckIsForLosers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen, NY
    Posts
    203
    Rhodes needs to stick it out. He is only 28 and based on the lack of longevity that most 20-something-world champs have had in the past, this is all just a test for him. If he continues to shine and grasps at every opportunity he gets and plays his cards right he can skyrocket by the time he is 30' 31. It's almost like a test (VKM likes those right?)...if he doesn't do a JTG or Ryder (and why should he, he is only 28) and works hard he will push his way to a very top spot in the future. Perhaps even wwe title rather than world, who knows...
    Yes, I mark out for Kurt Angle...hate me.

    Favourite of all time in no order: Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, Chris Jericho, Undertaker, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, Booker T, Rick Rude, Mr Perfect and Sting.

    Pushing for Roman Reigns to be THE face of the WWE in 2015 since December 2012. Truly hope we see him in that top guy spot.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.