Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    I won't miss the Rock. I have him #6 on my list of all time favs, but the attitude era was a long time ago. He did huge things in the business but bolted the first chance he got. I know many others would, but would they do it in a the manner he did? There was a long time where he was trying to downplay his history with the WWE for no other reason than his personal gain. It was the reason Cena made his comments about the Rock in the first place. For a 3rd generation, future hall of fame performer, he had no problem cutting ties almost completely. Would John Cena do that if he left the WWE to become a full time actor? Then all of sudden, Wrestlemania starts doing crowds of over 70,000 and $10 million gates and Dwayne shows up. The WWE basically laid down for him and gave him the world. He was almost always the last segment of every RAW he was on, was in two WM main events, beat the hottest wrestler in the business at two straight ppvs and debuted the new title. The only guy he put over was already the top guy in the company and some reports said he didn't even want to that at WM. His comeback was entertaining at times, and I'm sure it was good business for the WWE, but if I knew it was going to be as egotistical and self serving (considering he already had the money he was doing it for) as his departure years ago, I would've passed entirely. I feel the business has done a lot more for him than he's done for it or to honor it, and considering he's the Rock, I think that says something.
    Bolted the first chance he got? He was BORN into this business friend. And the way I understand it is that Vince wanted a cut of The Rock's films if he was to continue being billed as Duane The Rock Johnson, so that was just a smart business move. Also, Wrestlemania didn't just start doing crowds that large, Wrestlemania 3 beat 90,000 in the 80's!!! And what do you expect someone to do after they move on from a job? I mean, do you go back to your first job flipping burgers and "honor" it? The Rock's return to the ring was beneficial to him and the WWE.

Obviously, I was generalizing the whole IWC. That is exactly what the majority of you guys do on here: You drool over a superstar until they make it and then you turn on them....You guys hate all the top billed guys (except Taker and SCSA) and root for the worse talent just like a hipster does.

Oh no here we go. A different opinion ='s trolling!!??! I was just responding to "Deal with it", which was rude, no?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyBanger View Post
    Obviously, I was generalizing the whole IWC. That is exactly what the majority of you guys do on here: You drool over a superstar until they make it and then you turn on them....You guys hate all the top billed guys (except Taker and SCSA) and root for the worse talent just like a hipster does.
    And that's exactly where people have problems with the way you express yourself. If you use blanket statements to try and understand where other are coming from, why should they waste any effort in trying to have respect for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    I won't miss him either. In fact I thought bringing the rock back to headline WM twice and giving him the strap was a slap in the face and a vote of no confidence for their current full time roster.

I understand the rock sells merch, puts butts in the seats and draws ratings. I get it. But my opinion stands.
    Congrats, you just negated your own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Does hipster mean pretty cool? If so, I'm totally a hipster.
    haha I'll accept this... Playboy Stevie V is EWN's resident hipster.
    Really, because I'm pretty sure I did a poll last week that asked if people were ok with Cena being WWE champion and the overwhelming response was yes it was good a good thing. No one has won more WWE championships than John Cena so I think your generalization is ignorant at best...
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Oh no here we go. A different opinion ='s trolling!!??! I was just responding to "Deal with it", which was rude, no?
    Not rude at all bud, but your drooling over your boyfriend Rock is a bit sickening. I never said you were trolling so stop with the attitude already. Just because you like someone does not mean I nor anyone else has to. Also nobody is a "hipster" if they change their opinion or disagree with you bud.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    And that's exactly where people have problems with the way you express yourself. If you use blanket statements to try and understand where other are coming from, why should they waste any effort in trying to have respect for you?
    Not looking for respect, don't need it. Just stating the facts of the IWC...not looking for problems. Unfortunately, blanket statements work on here for the most part because it is the same crap on here day in and day out. "Boo... I hate The Rock/John Cena/Randy Orton....Yay CM Punk/Christian etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    ^^This^^

Thanks Jelly, I couldn't express it any better.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Not looking for respect, don't need it. Just stating the facts of the IWC...not looking for problems. Unfortunately, blanket statements work on here for the most part because it is the same crap on here day in and day out. "Boo... I hate The Rock/John Cena/Randy Orton....Yay CM Punk/Christian etc.
    Maybe you should read my comments about John Cena... especially where I said that John Cena was actually liked by many members of the IWC. And Christian and CM Punk haven't made it big? Give me a break.
    #BeJelly