Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CM Sook

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_99 View Post
    We can admit that his temper isn't the greatest at times and that he says very "interesting" things, but to say he doesn't care about his fans is pretty wrong. Punk just wants freedom to do what he wants and he hates restrictions, wants to not be a corporate guy. But he has been to 8 billion comic coms for fans to talk with, normally gets questions over and over again and is a great pr guy who is just himself. Fans love him, because they can see themselves in him. John Cena is too perfect, Sheamus is a more cornier character and Jericho is just too good: Rockstar, superstar. Same with Rock. But punk is a wrestler and just a guy. People in the audience just see a reflection of themselves. But yeah, temper down Punky (even though if he went to TNA it would be fun to see some wars going on, but whatevs)
    There are people who will cheer for Lex Luthor over Superman, for Joker over Batman. That's cool. If you want a society of sociopaths, all you need to do is encourage that way of thinking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    Wow, this thread. CM Punk has obviously done his job as a heel.
    Nobody is talking about his character. We're discussing Punk as a "man"

Angle or not, it is on Punk. We all know that he doesn't have the best attitude out there but that is what makes him more real to us than anyone on the roster. He is more likely to tell us who is in fact an asshole in the back, even if the asshole is him. Staying silent isn't Punk's style either.

If it was any other wrestler, a lot of people would be all over them. I like Punk, but he gets way too many passes from people.

I don't have a twitter account or a facebook account so I don't know what he's like outside of what I see on tv. I know by reading the news section here that he has been worked like a dog by VKM and the WWE this last year. And that he has been working injured for the last few months so maybe he deserves the right to be an asshole at times.

Quote Originally Posted by North Vegas Benny View Post
    I don't have a twitter account or a facebook account so I don't know what he's like outside of what I see on tv. I know by reading the news section here that he has been worked like a dog by VKM and the WWE this last year. And that he has been working injured for the last few months so maybe he deserves the right to be an asshole at times.
    He wanted to be the face didn't he? Well that all comes with it. Cena gets worked to the bone, why wouldn't Punk?

Well I think a lot of people see the idealisms of Punk and think that's what represents him. I believe Punk believes that the best should be pushed no matter what. He has even defended Dolph when Dolph was critical of the Rock and Brock. I believe Punk to be like me where we both think that the best should be the guys who are at the top and not just the guys Vince likes a.k.a Ryback.

As for me I relate to Punk where I think we are both short tempered and don't really think about what we are doing. I've had that plenty of times in my life where I just say, "I don't give a fuck I'm right" which is wrong of me. But at the moment I can only see red so I just attack. CM Punk I feel like is the same way were if he feels he is right all he will see is red and regret it a little while later. I don't I just feel like Punk is a little like me in the sense that we saw what we feel at the moment and come to regret it a little while later. Maybe that's why I give him a pass. Because I see some of him in me.

But on topic I do feel like that if I met Punk in person I'd think he was an ass. I feel like that the only reason I look at him unobjectively is because I see him on TV and say I understand where he is coming from. Rather then looking at the way he is going about it.

Hope my ramblings made sense.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Has there ever been a bigger brat in .....
    Cut the quote short, but, as usual, i agree with your statement. I think he really believes in the stuff he says in character. And yes, i think he is a brat, and that people actually like that is part of what is wrong with our society.
    Wrestling lost the spectacle factor.

I think, when all is said and done, Phil Brooks wants to be Vince McMahon. He wants to be in complete control of wwe and bitches and moans when he doesn't get his way. CM Punk is a great character but will never be 'the man' because he's not universal enough. Long hair, tattoos and a tendency to be smarky will always mean there's a chunk of the fanbase who just can't relate.
    Having seen the CM Punk dvd I don't think he's all that bad; hell he bought Joey Mercury's house for him so he's not a total dick. In a lot of ways I can relate to his attitude but as Robstar suggests that's not exactly a good thing.

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    I know this is a ridiculous reason and not a reliable source, but ever since Jeff Hardy recorded that message talking shit to Punk at that restaurant when he left WWE, I kind of believed Jeff and it made me think Punk was an A hole. I mean for that guy to call him an asshole, it's got to mean something, right? It's the only time I've ever heard/read Hardy slam someone. I know WWE is also to blame for the remarks Punk made after the arrest, but that message was to Punk as a person, not a character. Even since then, I've grown less fond of Punk as a human being.