Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CM Sook

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    At least he has title reigns to bitch about. How many times was Roddy Piper world champ? How about Curt Hennig?
    Piper and Hennig were victims of their times. They were in the WWF in a time were the title was constantly on megafaces. Hogan, Warrior, and Macho Man. Not Punk's fault they were in the wrong time.

Again that doesn't change the fact that CM Punk's World Heavyweight Championship reigns made him look worst for wear. He left all of those reigns looking like the kid couldn't hang with the main eventers. He was only able to retain the title against Hardy and Batista by disqualification and he only retained against the Undertaker because of a Teddy Long screw job. His other title reigns weren't that great either. Look at his Intercontinental title reign. Lost it to JBL in his second defense. His tag title reign with Kofi Kingston lasted two weeks and they lost it at a house show. Before the "pipe bomb" Punk was terribly booked in the WWE.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

At least he has title reigns to bitch about. How many times was Roddy Piper world champ? How about Curt Hennig?
    That's when being a World Champion held a higher prestige. You couldn't just cash in a briefcase and pin a gimp to get it.

Best,
    MB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Bill View Post
    That's when being a World Champion held a higher prestige. You couldn't just cash in a briefcase and pin a gimp to get it.

Best,
    MB
    Still, he had the title, the paycheck and everything, but still just whined.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    Well yeah, but then his largest fanbase consists of people that watch WWE and bitch all the time about it, so he fits right in.
    Which goes back to my OP where I suggest that it's reflective of generations today who piss and moan and do nothing about anything. The only thing they seem to possess is an attitude of entitlement.

Blog Entries
    Still, he had the title, the paycheck and everything, but still just whined.
    You see, I thought that was just part of his character. Now it turns out he has a problem with doing that? Sounds very much more like he's changing his stance simply because it suits him differently now and he wants something else. Spells F-A-K-E to me.

People whining about a wrestler whining. Oh, the irony.

This is one of the greatest threads that I have ever seen on here!! Thanks OP for voiceing an opinion that isn't the statis quo around here. Freaking hipsters!!!!

I think it has more to do with Punk being a huge Diva!

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You see, I thought that was just part of his character. Now it turns out he has a problem with doing that? Sounds very much more like he's changing his stance simply because it suits him differently now and he wants something else. Spells F-A-K-E to me.
    I wouldn't say he is fake. I think the real him is starting to come through. Every person that I have ever met that really tried to live the straight edge life that actually came from a place where drugs and alcohol were really problems, and not just a kid from the suburbs who calls himself straight edge cuz it's the cool thing to be right now, have been loud whiney people that just seem to be looking for attention.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by North Vegas Benny View Post
    I wouldn't say he is fake. I think the real him is starting to come through. Every person that I have ever met that really tried to live the straight edge life that actually came from a place where drugs and alcohol were really problems, and not just a kid from the suburbs who calls himself straight edge cuz it's the cool thing to be right now, have been loud whiney people that just seem to be looking for attention.
    If he can be consistent then that'd be great. But it's hard to believe in something or someone who keeps changing their tune (and I don't mean his theme lol)
    Those people sound like they need drugs! To be honest, I'd be pretty fucking angry too without them!