Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CM Sook

Blog Entries

CM Sook

Has there ever been a bigger brat in wrestling? Probably, but in an pursuit that has produced it's share of crybabies and whiners, CM Punk is certainly up there with the best.

On one hand I applaud anyone who plays hardball during contract negotiations. On the other, how many times now have we heard about Punk threatening to take his bat and his ball and go home? (No, I'm not referring to the "leave with the title" angle) I hear people shitting all over Randy Orton when he has a tantrum - they even report what Orton does as a 'tantrum' - but it's never that way with Punk is it? He's always "locking horns with the writers" or "butting heads with Vince". Punk has become the benefactor of kowtow fan reporting.

I wonder, is CM Punk's attitude and handling of things reflective of the generations coming up today? His actions are not about the greater good, about the benefit of the masses, it's a selfish motive for the benefit of one. There is not even a hint of altruistic idea about it, which I guess is good because at least he doesn't seek to misrepresent himself there. But then I wonder - do people admire him for his brattiness? Is this why people cheer him? Is this "the revolution"??? Because if people are really rooting for appalling behaviour and not simply having fun with the character element of it, then things really are pretty sad, aren't they?

I think it's more of him knowing what the fans want and how bad they're dropping the ball right now. You mentioned Orton and he gets a bad rep for not liking someone and they get depushed. Punk on the other hand gets behind people who the fans are behind and wants to see them exceed yet creative either drops the ball (Ryder) or are held back by others (Cesaro for example). He knew his build for a match with the Undertaker at WM (which should ALWAYS be a huge deal) was shit until Bearer's death made it interesting. But like I said, he knows what the fans want and what they don't want. Sure he comes across as bratty and childish at times (his Twitter account sometimes is like following a 5 year old) but he knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

Nah, I only root for him because I appreciate his work as a ring-worker and mic worker, as well as his spots on commentary. Also, Punk has been a long time favourite, got hooked on him during SES. But I agree, some times with wrestlers it seems like a legitimate gripe, but a lot of times Punk has been just trying to get his way. The WWE can't always work CM Punk's way, would get boring after a while and would ruin the product. I will miss Punk, but time off will cool him off and he will return fresh. That is why Jericho is always amazing with every return.....and that he is just awesome. I just feel I wouldn't get mad at my general direction, but get mad at creative in general because they have to start pumping out ideas weeks/days before and not do everything last minute. That is how I do my homework, not how you should run a company. I just want to see some fresh blood, give new blood a month and a pay-per-view on smackdown or something and see what they create.
    http://i.imgur.com/5pZdU5D.gif

I like CM Punk's talent, but sometimes I feel he really could give two shits about the fans that support him. He only cares about being the top star, and believes he is entitled to be a main eventer. I think he over-hypes himself, I mean he's good. But I feel there are better wrestlers on the roster than Punk. Punk has been the longest reigning WWE Champion since the 90s, and has faced The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, so he has no right to bitch and complain. People cheer him because he is different, and does offensive stuff. He cuts good promos, uses a few curse words, he calls himself god, and the fans love it, I love it sometimes as well. But I don't think Punk has a right to think he's any better than anyone else on the roster, and can do whatever he wants, and complains about it, just as much as someone like Orton does. The only reason fans overlook it, because he's CM Punk. Shame.

Blog Entries
    I have noticed one thing above all else since becoming a member of the IWC. If someone likes a superstar everything they do is gold... if they don't it's crap and they are a selfish prick. Obviously CM Punk has made a ton of mistakes and has acted like a total jerk on many occasions... But his gimmick is fresh and he's a good wrestler so all is forgiven in the minds of many in the IWC.

I mean, seriously he's punched fans... Called them derogatory names... Told fans to kill themselves... Called the pope a nazi.... etc etc etc. That's always overlooked but John Cena refuses to talk to people and he's being blasted 3 years later. I think most people just like that he can get away with being a total jerk.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Punk is an overrated bitch. He is a cry baby leftist who thinks he deserves more then he really does. He needs to grow up and act like a man, not threaten to run away whenever he gets his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I have noticed one thing above all else since becoming a member of the IWC. If someone likes a superstar everything they do is gold... if they don't it's crap and they are a selfish prick. Obviously CM Punk has made a ton of mistakes and has acted like a total jerk on many occasions... But his gimmick is fresh and he's a good wrestler so all is forgiven in the minds of many in the IWC.

I mean, seriously he's punched fans... Called them derogatory names... Told fans to kill themselves... Called the pope a nazi.... etc etc etc. That's always overlooked but John Cena refuses to talk to people and he's being blasted 3 years later. I think most people just like that he can get away with being a total jerk.
    CM Punk is a great wrestler. But he is still a prick.

We can admit that his temper isn't the greatest at times and that he says very "interesting" things, but to say he doesn't care about his fans is pretty wrong. Punk just wants freedom to do what he wants and he hates restrictions, wants to not be a corporate guy. But he has been to 8 billion comic coms for fans to talk with, normally gets questions over and over again and is a great pr guy who is just himself. Fans love him, because they can see themselves in him. John Cena is too perfect, Sheamus is a more cornier character and Jericho is just too good: Rockstar, superstar. Same with Rock. But punk is a wrestler and just a guy. People in the audience just see a reflection of themselves. But yeah, temper down Punky (even though if he went to TNA it would be fun to see some wars going on, but whatevs)
    http://i.imgur.com/5pZdU5D.gif

Blog Entries
    You'll note I never said that I thought he didn't deserve to be where he is. I believe he does but he owes just as much to opportunity, the faith of the company and the support of the fans. He's just not very fan friendly. And that's fine. But it's got me beggared the way that his outright smarmy sense of entitlement seems to be mistaken as agenda. Punk is just doing things his way but the problem is, like it or not, he's a role model. People will follow him - people want to believe in him. And so, they take cues from him. That's the way people are, some anyway.

I like CM Punk, as a wrestler, as a character. I know that a lot of his on screen character is who he is. But I know the point to take my admiration to and I know where to leave off - many don't. Is Punk aware of that? Maybe. Does he care? I don't think so.

What is it they say - with great power comes great responsibility?

Wow, this thread. CM Punk has obviously done his job as a heel.