Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: William Regal.

William Regal.

I love William Regal. He has always been one of my favorites since I first started wrestling. I always loved his stiff style, his submission/suplex arsonal, and his promo skills are amazing given the right cirumstance. I remember how happy I was for Regal when he won the King of the Ring, and was General Manager in 08. I had thought he would use his power to put himself in some time of World title match and win it. I felt that would have been the perfect, to him have all the control in WWE, and give him a lengthly reign with the title. But soon Regal would be suspended to do the drug policy. After that he would come back and win the intercontiental title for a bit, before loosing to Punk. He would go to ECW and have a feud with Christian, but would never accomplish much over there.

I feel William Regal deserves a World Title reign, I know there are a lot of people who think he's to old, and that a young wrestler should hold the title. But if Mark Henry could win the title, why not Regal? William Regal could be the most diabolical villian on the roster. He cut awesome promos, and have great matches with nearly anyone. Most would say how would Regal come back and realistically win the title. How about having Regal come out each week and attack the likes of Daniel Bryan, or CM Punk, or even Kassius Ohno and Ambrose. Saying how he helped those guys get on the roster and get all these opportunities that he never had, start a major feud and go on a vicious winning streak, until he wins the title. It could work, and I feel the fans would love to see it.

Thoughts on William Regal, and wheither or not you guys want to see him have a world title run.

Here are some of William Regal's awesome matches/promo.

He has deserved a title and really has been great to wrestling and no doubt he will go down as a legend if he's not already considered that. Would I like to see him win the title? Yes, given the right story. I really think the WWE missed a trick when they made the UK stable on there game as they could have ran with that or at least had Regal as Drew's/Wade's/Both Mentor as Sheamus was doing his own thing anyways.. and he could have worked himself into a spot using those guys to help him.

I don't really see anyway of having him win a major title now unless it was a story where the champ was doing kind of what Ohno has been doing at NXT and calling Regal out on how he's failed and so on and it was done where people all expect Regal to lose and he ends up winning. Even then it would have to be a short feud.

For me, I would be most happy to see him manage someone or a team. His promo skills are great and he has the wrestling ability and knowledge to really make you believe, he could help someone's career and make them a star.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

i met him at a gas station in tampa after the first raw of the year.

told him i respected his body of work and he was a very entertaining character.

pretty much brushed me off and did not give me the time of day, it was refreshing to see he was as big of asshole in real life as he is on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by SHW View Post
    i met him at a gas station in tampa after the first raw of the year.

told him i respected his body of work and he was a very entertaining character.

pretty much brushed me off and did not give me the time of day, it was refreshing to see he was as big of asshole in real life as he is on tv.
    Not sure if trolling, or is truthful.

William, freaking Regal. Love this guy to death and never met him. He loves reptiles, loves working with young talent, is British, is left handed, and is just plain awesome. I can't continuing talking about him without sounding like a massive fan girl. Favorite wrestler of all time. REGAL FAN 4 LIFE!

Blog Entries
    YES! YES! YES! I could not agree more with every word of this...Regal is deserving of a renewal in the WWE and is a misused talent right now more than anyone...I really think he lost his emphasis in the upper brass when he got sick for so long after that overseas trip several years ago but he is/has always been a talented wrestler all around.

Maybe he can come out under the radar as a mentor/manager type for some young buck out of NXT and get himself back on the regular tv radar in turn...then when his protege does well and wins matches and is on the up so much to get a spot in the next money in the bank match (RAW or SMACKDOWN) when a week before he is "mysteriously" attacked and Regal vows to find out who and has to take his slot in MITB "to win one for the team" when all along it was he who took him out and thus his first feud with the case and the future title shot...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    Not sure if trolling, or is truthful.

William, freaking Regal. Love this guy to death and never met him. He loves reptiles, loves working with young talent, is British, is left handed, and is just plain awesome. I can't continuing talking about him without sounding like a massive fan girl. Favorite wrestler of all time. REGAL FAN 4 LIFE!
    Yep, and I love your epic sig.

i was not trolling at all.

usually when you meet a superstar they put up a front and smile and pretend they are interested in what you are saying when they are really thinking "leave me the fuck alone"

no front with regal, and i respect that.

I remember there was a short final run he had where Regal got into some very very good shape. He's always had a pushy abdomen, but his arms were jacked, even though he was older.

Anyways, I'd like to see Regal do one more comeback. When did he come into the WWE? I'm betting he had to volunteer his privates for the uses by Patterson and Brisco, the WWF Cream Team, in order to get the spot. Hey, it's business.

He blew his chance when he had it. There are many wrestlers who deserved a WHC title run and never got it, and then there were people who never deserved it and had it. It is how the business goes.

Blog Entries
    Underrated throughout his career, no doubt. However, a title reign, let alone a title shot, is out of the question IMO. They would have to waste too much time building him up to that level, and an out of nowhere title tease wouldn't be believable if you ask me.