Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WM 29 Buyrate

WM 29 Buyrate

according to SESCOOPS, WWE officials are very worried about this years buyrate.

http://www.sescoops.com/early-wm29-b...-ts-heel-turn/

evidently the early figures are WAY below expectations, and according to the source "downright shocking"

this should be music to anyones ears who is not a kool-aid drinking fanboy.

it will be interesting to see if they change course at all up until the official buyrate is released, and their response afterwards.

if the buyrate is that low, vince will have no choice but to wake up and smell the coffee per say regarding his theory that the matches and talent sell, not stories and build. and also break his crutch of relying on part time stars to main event the biggest show of the year.

no doubt there will be a major reaction if the buyrate is in fact that low...hopefully it will be for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by SHW View Post
    according to SESCOOPS, WWE officials are very worried about this years buyrate.

http://www.sescoops.com/early-wm29-b...-ts-heel-turn/

evidently the early figures are WAY below expectations, and according to the source "downright shocking"

this should be music to anyones ears who is not a kool-aid drinking fanboy.

it will be interesting to see if they change course at all up until the official buyrate is released, and their response afterwards.

if the buyrate is that low, vince will have no choice but to wake up and smell the coffee per say regarding his theory that the matches and talent sell, not stories and build. and also break his crutch of relying on part time stars to main event the biggest show of the year.

no doubt there will be a major reaction if the buyrate is in fact that low...hopefully it will be for the better.
    No wonder ROH isn't going anywhere.

OT:

I don't think it'll be 'downright shocking' level low. Probably somewhere in the million, million point one range, instead of the 1.3.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    One have to look at the factors for why the buy rate most likely lower then the 1.3 million...
    1. the price increase...
    2. the USA barely escaping the Fiscal Cliff and many countries including the USA is coming out of a depression or recession or what ever one want to call it..
    3. the build of the show and matches... they had a month and a half to build the show up most of the upper matches wasn't known until the 1st Raw of MARCH or there after....
    4. the outcome of some matches...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

i would think anything less than last years would be considered a failure by the brass.

but you are right, shocking would be anything under 1million, and i do not see how that could ever happen.

3. the build of the show and matches... they had a month and a half to build the show up most of the upper matches wasn't known until the 1st Raw of MARCH or there after....
    i think that is by far the biggest factor, i do not know about you guys, but i had very little interest in the story side of these matches.

that, and all 3 of the main events we have seen before at some point in time, and had VERY predictable results...

Blog Entries
    Yes and dont forget how many watched online...tried to watch online...and the refunds that are bound to be figured in there somewhere...at least the refunds that some will get...sorry I have not paid for a PPV since 2005...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

I think it's because we've seen all the matches already, especially John Cena Vs The Rock. There wasn't that big of a reason to buy the card. I mean I liked the matches but since Del Rio and Swagger was the only main match that did not happen before, that this WM was not going to do to well. Shame.

I guess someone over at WWE doesn't know much about Price and Demand.

I have to think they took into account internet sales as well. My guess is 400,000 domestic and 500,000 international.

I'll look at it from strictly the card perspective of it, and come to the conclusion that you know who is going to win all three main event matches the moment after they are scheduled.

There is NO way Trips would JOB to Brock AGAIN, on the stage of Wrestlemania. Not a chance.

There was NO way the WWE was going to shake anything up with "tHE sTREAK" Not a Chance.

There was NO WAY the cameo-wrestler Rock would defeat the full-time WWE loyal Terrier John Cena after losing at Last WM. Not a Chance.

I think that's a big part of it. Probably many informed fans, or marks, or smarks, didn't buy because there wasn't a match they HAD to see because they didn't know who would win...

I purchased every WM since 9... but I did not buy this one. You can't throw WM stories together in 3-4 weeks and think you have compelling storylines. Just stupid on the part of the WWE and WWE Creative. I mean, I like Fandango as much as the next guy, but he had no business being on the WM card. I think the WWE greatly over estimated the appeal of Cena being a no-brainer winner before the PPV even started. The appeal of Brock v HHH and the appeal of Del Rio v Thwagger.