Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Michael Cole really that bad?

I've noticed that it has been a while since I heard someone complain about Michael Cole's commentary. I remember about 2 years ago when this forum just tore him to shreds, clamoring for Jim Ross to return, muting the entire broadcast, etc. I know that some are going to say that his heel character has toned down drastically since, but people really questioned his commentary skills.

I for one, never understood so much bashing. I have always thought he has done a great job taking over for JR. He was given the daunting task of filling those ENORMOUS shoes.

So I was wondering if I am the only one who thought that people overreacted?

How do you rate him now that you don't want to punch his face in as opposed to his Cole-miner days?

"I am not a NUGGET!"

He's perfectly serviceable in his position. And nowhere near as awful as the current state of Lawler.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

I have no problem with him now. His heel character was terribly annoying though.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Blog Entries
    The heel hangover has worn off, he's fine now

When Michael Cole was doing his whole "May I have your attention please" thing and had a match at Wrestlemania, I hated him. But his commentary is fine, much better than Jerry Lawler. If anything it should be him, Jbl, and (hopefully one day) Paul Heyman on commentary.

None of the current commentators are great. Cole is fine, but nothing outstanding. I'd rather have Regal as one of the team on the main shows.

Micheal Cole cant even call the right moves of pro wrestlers

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

A lot of people don't like Cole because of him turning heel. Taking time from other talents and spots on the roster for others. Is Cole that bad? No, but he isn't in the class of JR, solie, among other great play by play announcers.It seems ever since he came to Raw it just hasn't been the same. As entertaining, good feuds, among other things. Have WWE have great feuds since than? Certainly....

I wouldn't say he's gotten better just that he's not as bad. His annoying over the top heel character is gone, that stupid internet Gm gimmick is gone and it doesn't look like he;s getting back in the ring so I have no issues with him.

That being said I would still far prefer Matt Striker at the table
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    When Michael Cole was doing his whole "May I have your attention please" thing and had a match at Wrestlemania, I hated him. But his commentary is fine, much better than Jerry Lawler. If anything it should be him, Jbl, and (hopefully one day) Paul Heyman on commentary.
    This word for word ^^