Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The WWE Formula to Megastardom

So the main reason why the WWE is making Ryback heel is to turn him face down the line and let him become a megastar.

Hogan - was a heel starting out, turned face, beat Sheik and became the biggest icon in wrestling

Bret Hart - was a heel tag teamer, was ghetto blastered by Bad News Brown after a battle royal, became face and went on to huge success.

HBK - Turned on his tag partner, became the overly annoying and arrogant IC champ with Sherry. Turned face after being jumped by his body guard, Sid... went on to become a mega star

Stone Cold - Started out as a heel, turned at WM13 in his match with Bret Hart, became the biggest star of the modern era.

Rock - Started out as a lame face, joined the Nation, became the Corporate Champ, turned face and was right there with Stone Cold

Cena - Also a lame face with Fruity Pebbles colored ring gear, turned to the thug heel, eventually turning face and is now the face of the company.

Batista - Monster heel as Deacon Batista, joins Evolution as their "muscle", turns face by turning on HHH, becomes a mega star

Ryback - Started out like a present day Goldberg, but now comes his heel turn and he will likely turn face in a year or two and become huge among the WWE Universe.

Totally off topic, your signature is awesome!
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.

I thought the main reason why Ryback turned heel, was because The Rock is not coming back

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    I thought the main reason why Ryback turned heel, was because The Rock is not coming back

Thats pretty much what happend, the wwe's hand was forced.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossfaceChickenwing View Post
    Thats pretty much what happend, the wwe's hand was forced.
    I think there were 2 better opponents for Cena (Daniel Bryan & Antonio Cesaro) but as they're actually booked or disliked by Vince, yes, Ryback was the only possible choice in my opinion.

Toilet Bowl is absolutely Right, I didn't see it that way but I see it shining bright, I can see Ryback coming out of the shinning light *dusty rhodes lisping*

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Blog Entries
    A wrestler is only as good in his/her role as the opposition they face...Ryback will do well as the heel to Cena's face although I still see him more as a tweener right now even after raw...later if they do turn him face again he will need a good heel to rival with...well maybe...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

I thought the main reason Ryback turned heel, is because Cena can't have a monster, buff babyface take his spot. So turn him and feed him to Cena.

Of course I have no proof of this. Just a theory

My guess is that they turned Ryback sooner than they had planned. You could have easily put Mark Henry in a program with Cena... especially building off his WM29 win over Ryback. But for whatever reason, they wanted Henry v Sheamus. I still think they would have wanted Ryback to turn heel some time this year, regardless... likely in a Cena / Ryback program (thus the reason for the points Ryback made last night).

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    I thought the main reason Ryback turned heel, is because Cena can't have a monster, buff babyface take his spot. So turn him and feed him to Cena.

Of course I have no proof of this. Just a theory
    I thought exactly the same thing after watching the promo Ryback did.

"Hey, this guy is almost selling as much as i do on merchandise and he is way over with the crowd more than me. Lets turn him heel by attacking me.."

I hope this feud goes somewhere. 2 months feud with some good spots here and there. 1 thing i can't watch is Cena making his promos, damn!