Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I had a Ultimate Warrior flashback. With the heavy inhaling.. The references.. 'If you're superman, say hello to Kryptonite.. How many times Cena, how many times when you were on the road to redemption, did you leave me to fend for myself?' Only thing missing is some blabbering about the moon, stars and Mars in the second house and the night of the weremanpig and we would've had a Warrior-promo.

He cleaned up during the final part, and told a good story that can be fuel for a feud. I don't think he can talk, if he could, they would'nt have done this promo on tape. Cena killed him in the ring and he just stood there looking like a dumbass.

But, to be honest, I don't like him and I'm fair enough to admit that it probably clouds my judgment.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Ay man you're being honest. Ain't nothin wrong with that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I loved it. Thought is was a great promo. A great promo, in my eyes, is when the speaker is able to convince me of what they're saying; when they're able to suspend disbelief and have me to believe that it's their character that's speaking. I'm not one of those guys who watches a promo intently, with a clipboard in hand and goes, "Oop! He stumbled! Minus 10 points." or "Hahaha. That joke appeals to the adult demographic. Plus 7 points." Even normal, generic lines can make up a good promo as long as the delivery is solid.
    You're kidding right? The content was shit and sounded like a whiny Big Show promo. "John Cena you haven't helped me out so I don't like you now, you won't hold me down any longer because I can't stand not being the center of attention!" Waaaa. It hardly lends him any credibility, in fact it removes credibility from him. He's not hard now, he's just another whiny heel, which I hate to tell you is just lazy writing for cheap pops and only shortens his lifespan. Come on. Lift your expectations above bad comic book level.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You're kidding right? The content was shit and sounded like a whiny Big Show promo. "John Cena you haven't helped me out so I don't like you now, you won't hold me down any longer because I can't stand not being the center of attention!" Waaaa. It hardly lends him any credibility, in fact it removes credibility from him. He's not hard now, he's just another whiny heel, which I hate to tell you is just lazy writing for cheap pops and only shortens his lifespan. Come on. Lift your expectations above bad comic book level.
    What do you expect from a Goldberg ripoff in a RVD suit?

One of the twelve apostle limestone stacks?
    MB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Bill View Post
    What do you expect from a Goldberg ripoff in a RVD suit?

One of the twelve apostle limestone stacks?
    MB
    A 12 apostle reference? Are you familiar with my geography then?

With curiosity piqued,
    The Robstar(tm)

A 12 apostle reference? Are you familiar with my geography then?

With curiosity piqued,
    The Robstar(tm)
    I like Salmon!

Especially beer battered,
    MB

I was cool with the promo till he ended it with ryback rules. What id he 12?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Bill View Post
    I like Salmon!

Especially beer battered,
    MB
    Battering salmon should be a crime.

Yours fishyly,
    R*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    I was cool with the promo till he ended it with ryback rules. What id he 12?
    Yep, that was one cheap catchphrase. Funny though, with all this referencing of Swagger as the 'Real American' and now we have 'Ryback Rules' coming to a headband near you, I can't help but wonder if they're not having a dig at Hulk Hogan?

Yep, that was one cheap catchphrase. Funny though, with all this referencing of Swagger as the 'Real American' and now we have 'Ryback Rules' coming to a headband near you, I can't help but wonder if they're not having a dig at Hulk Hogan?
    I'm just waiting for Ryback to start muttering "Brother" after each sentence.

You stop battering Potatoes and I'll leave the fish alone,

MB