Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **Raw spoiler**

Blog Entries

**Raw spoiler**

So yeah, we got to see Kofi Kingston beating Antonio Cesaro for the US title live on Raw.

Great, now we get to see yet ANOTHER bland Kingston mid card title run. I know that Vince isn't high on Cesaro these days and he probably jut wanted to get the title off him ASAP, and Kofi is their 'go to guy' when you need a mid card champ at short notice, but they could have taken the title off Cesaro in a much better way than this.

They could have had an AMERICAN taking the title off him for starters, given that the base of Cesaro's reign has all been about him not being American and superior to Americans.
    I couldn't help but laugh when Kofi said post match that he's "brought the title home". You do know you're African, right Kofi? Or are you again confused as about where you come from?

Taking the title off Cesaro was a bad move for me. He's been nothing short of impressive during his reign, although he fell completely off the radar around Wrestlemania. And when they started having him yodeling, you just knew that they were setting him up to drop the title. I think they should at least have had this title change hands on ppv though. As good as the match on Raw was, they could have made more of it, built it up better and then have the title change at Extreme Rules.

You have to assume that this is just a transitional title run for someone else to come in ant take the title from Kofi, since they've never given Kofi anything to work with in the past while he's held a mid card title, and there's nothing to suggest that this one's going to be any different.
    As to who wins the title from Kofi, nobody really jumps out to be honest. I was expecting Swagger to perhaps drop down from the main event, but that hasn't happened ( not yet at least). Fandago perhaps? You can see Vince cashing in on his popularity and having him winning a title sooner rather than later. I'm not sure though.

Thoughts on this? Who do you see as the man to take the title from Kofi?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

He's a transitional to get the title to Swagger. Whilst Swagger's DUI screwed up his planned WHC win at Mania I'd say the E still think the gimmick has legs. Now they have another non-American with a title and not just any title but the US title. My prediction is a Kofi/Swagger feud after Extreme Rules.

Shame that Cesaro lost the title just because of politics ! Shame that he also did not have a real feud during his reign, something that could have put him in a higher level than he is actually. I hope there are so new plans for him now. I would have love to see him feud vs Kane in the next few weeks, but I think it will be Big E.

For the actual biggest midcard, Kofi Kingston, I think a feud vs Cody Rhodes or Damien Sandow would be a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    My prediction is a Kofi/Swagger feud after Extreme Rules.
    Swagger vs Del Rio won't probably end at Extreme Rules. But Swagger is now in the main event scene so if he faces Kofi Kingston and win the Us Champ, this will make him get back to the midcard scene so I don't think this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    So yeah, we got to see Kofi Kingston beating Antonio Cesaro for the US title live on Raw.

Great, now we get to see yet ANOTHER bland Kingston mid card title run. I know that Vince isn't high on Cesaro these days and he probably jut wanted to get the title off him ASAP, and Kofi is their 'go to guy' when you need a mid card champ at short notice, but they could have taken the title off Cesaro in a much better way than this.

They could have had an AMERICAN taking the title off him for starters, given that the base of Cesaro's reign has all been about him not being American and superior to Americans.
    I couldn't help but laugh when Kofi said post match that he's "brought the title home". You do know you're African, right Kofi? Or are you again confused as about where you come from?

Taking the title off Cesaro was a bad move for me. He's been nothing short of impressive during his reign, although he fell completely off the radar around Wrestlemania. And when they started having him yodeling, you just knew that they were setting him up to drop the title. I think they should at least have had this title change hands on ppv though. As good as the match on Raw was, they could have made more of it, built it up better and then have the title change at Extreme Rules.

You have to assume that this is just a transitional title run for someone else to come in ant take the title from Kofi, since they've never given Kofi anything to work with in the past while he's held a mid card title, and there's nothing to suggest that this one's going to be any different.
    As to who wins the title from Kofi, nobody really jumps out to be honest. I was expecting Swagger to perhaps drop down from the main event, but that hasn't happened ( not yet at least). Fandago perhaps? You can see Vince cashing in on his popularity and having him winning a title sooner rather than later. I'm not sure though.

Thoughts on this? Who do you see as the man to take the title from Kofi?
    Anyone!
    i was genuinely pissed off when i read that Kingston had won the title from Cesaro. Why do they insist on putting a title on KK every 3 or so months. It seems that he just does a full circle once a year. US Champ>loses>tag champ>loses> IC Champ>loses>US Champ etc..

It does nothing to help the belts as he does nothing with them. Like you said, they're just bland title runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    Swagger vs Del Rio won't probably end at Extreme Rules. But Swagger is now in the main event scene so if he faces Kofi Kingston and win the Us Champ, this will make him get back to the midcard scene so I don't think this will happen.
    As Tool said, with his DUI, and the reports that Vince hates it when talents get negative public publicity, then there's every chance that they'll drop him down once this feud concludes at Extreme Rules.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfccalum View Post
    Anyone!
    i was genuinely pissed off when i read that Kingston had won the title from Cesaro. Why do they insist on putting a title on KK every 3 or so months. It seems that he just does a full circle once a year. US Champ>loses>tag champ>loses> IC Champ>loses>US Champ etc..

It does nothing to help the belts as he does nothing with them. Like you said, they're just bland title runs.
    True. But like I said, Kofi is just their go to guy with the mid card titles. Vince has obviously recently decided that he hates Cesaro, and the quick fix solution to that is 'put the title on Kofi Kingston until we can think of something better to do'. Happens every time.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    True. But like I said, Kofi is just their go to guy with the mid card titles. Vince has obviously recently decided that he hates Cesaro, and the quick fix solution to that is 'put the title on Kofi Kingston until we can think of something better to do'. Happens every time.
    I suppose that Kofi is the only to make a win v cesaro believable. Are there really any other mid card faces that are somewhat relevant? Other than D-Bry and Kane but they're tag champs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfccalum View Post
    Are there really any other mid card faces that are somewhat relevant?
    The Miz.
    And if they were used correctly, Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    He's a transitional to get the title to Swagger.

I was thinking for Fandango.

Blog Entries
    Thank God he lost that title. I don't know what Cesaro did to get in the position where he is now(maybe he pissed off a higher-up or something) but that didn't mean the title had to be dragged down with him.