Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rebuild Ryder and reboot Rhodes.

Both of these two are a shadow of their 2011/2012 selves.

Time for a change. I have a scenario for you. A match between the two of them. During the match Rhodes hits Ryder in the head with something. Ring bell, chair etc.. and Ryder is knocked out cold. We learn later in the show that he's been taken to hospital and is in a coma.

Over the coming weeks we see Rhodes secretly feeling guilty, even visiting Ryder's bedside. All the while trying to keep his heel face to the public and Sandow. Then Ryder wakes up. And he's not the old WWWYKI Ryder. He's sudden a well spoken intellectual. Cue Ryder and Sandow becoming friends and Rhodes being left out.

Ryder heel turn and Rhodes face turn. All wrapped up in some old school WWF style ridiculousness.

Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    Both of these two are a shadow of their 2011/2012 selves.

Time for a change. I have a scenario for you. A match between the two of them. During the match Rhodes hits Ryder in the head with something. Ring bell, chair etc.. and Ryder is knocked out cold. We learn later in the show that he's been taken to hospital and is in a coma.

Over the coming weeks we see Rhodes secretly feeling guilty, even visiting Ryder's bedside. All the while trying to keep his heel face to the public and Sandow. Then Ryder wakes up. And he's not the old WWWYKI Ryder. He's sudden a well spoken intellectual. Cue Ryder and Sandow becoming friends and Rhodes being left out.

Ryder heel turn and Rhodes face turn. All wrapped up in some old school WWF style ridiculousness.
    I read the title and was thinking why reboot Rhodes? I like where he is at, well kinda, I think he should be pushed to the upper mid carder or semi-main event by now....But I like your idea too. Ryder is going nowhere, Sandow is awesome, but seems he is stuck in a rut

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

I feel Cody Rhodes was at his best with his mask. I don't know I felt when he lost that character it kind of went downhill with him. But a face-turn my do wonders for Rhodes.

A feud with him and Sandow would be different.

Even in his diminished jobber state, Rhodes is far above Ryder, and I say that as a Ryder fan. Ryder isn't upper midcard material. but that's perfectly fine. Ryder is over with the fans in spite of his limited talents. He doesn't need a push, he needs WWE to care about their lower midcard.

Rhodes is better as a heel, he just needs a good gimmick. The problem with Cody is that they pushed him pretty high during his IC reign, but didn't elevate anyone on the face side to his level, so when all the main event faces are doing other things, like feuding with The Rock, going after the tag titles, feuding with The Shield, or going after the IC/U.S. belts, Cody is left as the odd man out, and he's used to put over the guys who ARE doing something.

Ryder should be pushed as face, although a heel turn COULD help him out. But I don't think Rhodes is the right guy for him to turn heel on.

Cody Rhodes is only 27 he has plenty of time to rebound. I think a face turn could be great for him. I wish they would've kept up with the Cody and Kaitlin storyline. Could of been a great way to break up the Rhodes Scholars and give both Cody and Sandow a good Wrestlemania feud.

Off Topic: Do you guys honestly believe that Cody and Damien are actually friends backstage?
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Now that Kofi is US champ, and I don't think they're going to push Cesaro for now, a Kofi-Cody feud for the US championship could really revitalise their careers.

Blog Entries
    Good thinking outside the box, but I'm not feeling this idea at all. I don't really think that Ryder could pull off an intellectual character as well as he pulls of a brash, cocky happy go lucky guy. It's just more natural for him as he's like that in real life. So with that in mind I can't really see Ryder and Sandow working out.

I'm all for a Rhodes face turn at some point. we've seen how good he works as a heel, I#m curios to see how good of a face he'd make.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Good thinking outside the box, but I'm not feeling this idea at all. I don't really think that Ryder could pull off an intellectual character as well as he pulls of a brash, cocky happy go lucky guy. It's just more natural for him as he's like that in real life. So with that in mind I can't really see Ryder and Sandow working out.

I'm all for a Rhodes face turn at some point. we've seen how good he works as a heel, I#m curios to see how good of a face he'd make.
    People said the same about Miz though, look now people moan about him being un natural and terrible as a face.

But you never know til you try i suppose. IMO i think a heel role will suit him better.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

Blog Entries
    I think Ryder should stay where he is and simply let him run with the whole "Internet Champion" idea to see if it has legs...talk about the perfect way to introduce some new concept and use it in social media and have it defended only online...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bcfccalum View Post
    People said the same about Miz though, look now people moan about him being un natural and terrible as a face.

But you never know til you try i suppose. IMO i think a heel role will suit him better.
    While I can't say about other people, I was always of the opinion that Miz would make a good face.

Allow me to clarify: I do think that Ryder would benefit form a heel turn, but I don't think he'd be good with an intellectual intelligent gimmick similar to that of Damien Sandow, which is what the OP was suggesting
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!