Thread: WCW's Road Wild

WCW's Road Wild

I was watching the Wrestling Channel from my phone off the google app store. They stream Raw, PPV's and old wrestling shows. Anyway, they were doing WCW this week and one of them happened to be Road Wild as they streamed the 1997 year. The one where they ride bikes to the biker week in Dakota. I thought it was a pretty unique concept and a way to incorporate a different kind of fan. I actually liked the wrestling in an outdoor setting, it made for something different I guess is what I liked. Even though the crowd was on the sloppy side and didn't completely know who they should cheer for or even when to cheer, I thought it was still a cool concept. Anyone like to see this return in WWE somehow?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunamisavage View Post
    I was watching the Wrestling Channel from my phone off the google app store. They stream Raw, PPV's and old wrestling shows. Anyway, they were doing WCW this week and one of them happened to be Road Wild as they streamed the 1997 year. The one where they ride bikes to the biker week in Dakota. I thought it was a pretty unique concept and a way to incorporate a different kind of fan. I actually liked the wrestling in an outdoor setting, it made for something different I guess is what I liked. Even though the crowd was on the sloppy side and didn't completely know who they should cheer for or even when to cheer, I thought it was still a cool concept. Anyone like to see this return in WWE somehow?
    As much as I would like to see it, I don't think it will, primarily just because Biker Culture has moved on from being one of a bunch of drunk rowdy guys that wanna have fun and get in a fight to a couple of no good fucking meth heads. The old rides, like Sturgis, while still popular, no longer hold that same almost festival-like atmosphere, instead they have become a desperate plea for a more debauched lifestyle.

Also I don't think Vince likes Bikers.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I'm not up on the whole biker deal up there, just thought it made for a unique venue setting. But I definitely hear what you're saying and getting at. Too bad. I think those type of gimmicks were what made WCW unconventional.

Maybe they should have an outdoor event at Spring Break in Florida somewhere lol.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Blog Entries
    WWE's modern version of Road Wild would be held at a grade school on 'Ride Your Bike To School' day.

lol

I remember WCW Spring Break on the water. Classic.

Blog Entries
    Hog Wild or Road Wild was a brain-child of Bischoff and Hogan in WCW.... Bischoff being a avid motorcycle and so was Hogan and several other WCW stars.. It was a good concept but they money other then the sponsors....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???