Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    A lot of them want WWE to be ROH - which has proven, despite being around the same length as TNA, isn't the optimal choice for a brand to grow under. Pure wrestling doesn't sell, especially ROH sell with the lack of storylines and selling even after taking a huge move(One of the reasons I don't like it).

I, also, think a lot of it has to do with complaining just to complain. A lot of the gimmicks some DO like in the indies, would be crapped on if WWE introduced them first. Like El Generico, for instance - loved by the IWC, but if WWE had of came up with a gimmick where a white guy plays a different nationality, the IWC would be in an uproar calling it stupid.

The reason WWE has succeeded thus far, is because of how they operate. Vince knows straight out wrestling doesn't sell, entertainment does. Mix that with wrestling and you have an empire that likely won't fall for decades to come, even if all the others fall around it.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

If you want to see real wrestlers, go watch tna. WWE is a entertainment company aka a kids show meaning they won't give you what you want. Time to tune into a company that will

Tommy Thunder said it best. The IWC has gotten so used to being WWE critics, we've almost forgotten how to be WWE fans.

But as others said, there is also a large group of indy marks in the IWC that hope and prays WWE becomes ROH's big brother, and that's never going to happen.

True fandom has gone bye bye a long time ago. If there's nothing to bitch and complain about, there is no IWC. All the wrestlers...except for God himself, CM Punk, are in no-win situations with the IWC. Guys like Ziggler stand no chance because he'll never get over with the "real" fans as a heel, but if he does as a face, the IWC will quickly turn around on him. The IWC also has unreasonable expectations. A guy they watched in some indy promotion that is sitting in NXT right now, they expect to be World Champ by year's end...otherwise, "creative is dropping the ball on them". This time last year, we've all read the endless praises of someone named Dean Ambrose. Well, I've seen nothing from him that suggests he's the next Hogan, Austin, or Cena of the wrestling world. But he is currently in a good situation right now as part of an attack group. There's talk of guys like Bray Wyatt, Cassius Ohno, etc. These guys are who???...Exactly.

The IWC shouldn't have its own classification. I, as someone who blogs and responds on these forums, am a part of the IWC. Yet I hate Ziggler, I think he sucks. I think Punk could be the most overrated "top guy", and I use (top guy) extremely loosely, I've ever seen in my life. The IWC is a collection of fans with contrasting opinions and different tastes and expectations. And us fans always seem to lash out when someone doesn't agree with our take on things.

I agree many have an unrealistic expectation of what the WWE is supposed to be, but I wouldn't classify Cena as, what Bret and HBK referred to, a dinosaur. I think he he is waaaaay better in the ring than Hogan or Warrior, and has had his share of incredible matches. The evolution towards better in ring wrestling is happening. Top to bottom, the wrestlers and matches are much more entertaining in the ring than 20 years ago, with some exceptions. The cornerstone of WWE business has always been the mega-draw household name(s), then they build the rest of the show from there. I don't have a problem with that.

I bet some fans love the product now while that select few wants it to be like the attitude era. Even wanting the old guys back, which was like...."What!?" when I heard them say it. It is not so much the change that is the problem for these guys, they want the downgrade back to the attitude era.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    True fandom has gone bye bye a long time ago. If there's nothing to bitch and complain about, there is no IWC. All the wrestlers...except for God himself, CM Punk, are in no-win situations with the IWC. Guys like Ziggler stand no chance because he'll never get over with the "real" fans as a heel, but if he does as a face, the IWC will quickly turn around on him. The IWC also has unreasonable expectations. A guy they watched in some indy promotion that is sitting in NXT right now, they expect to be World Champ by year's end...otherwise, "creative is dropping the ball on them". This time last year, we've all read the endless praises of someone named Dean Ambrose. Well, I've seen nothing from him that suggests he's the next Hogan, Austin, or Cena of the wrestling world. But he is currently in a good situation right now as part of an attack group. There's talk of guys like Bray Wyatt, Cassius Ohno, etc. These guys are who???...Exactly.

The IWC shouldn't have its own classification. I, as someone who blogs and responds on these forums, am a part of the IWC. Yet I hate Ziggler, I think he sucks. I think Punk could be the most overrated "top guy", and I use (top guy) extremely loosely, I've ever seen in my life. The IWC is a collection of fans with contrasting opinions and different tastes and expectations. And us fans always seem to lash out when someone doesn't agree with our take on things.
    What a coincidence he hates both of the most popular IWC guys. It's not just the IWC that lash out when someone doesn't argee with there opinion , you see that all the time on the internet. But time for me to do just that, How is CM Punk not a top guy? People that hate Cena still says hes a top guy, just because you hate him does not mean hes not a top guy.

I kind of agree but kind of disagree. I think the Raw after Wrestlemania showed us that the IWC doesn't really care about good technical matches, they just want do see something... different? I guess. They want to see Cena get booed, they want to see crazy crowds who shit on Orton and Sheamus, they want to see young guys elevated, etc.

But the important thing to remember is, the IWC isn't really a single entity, it's a group of people with different opinions so its hard to pin down exactly what they want sometimes.

Agreed which is why i watch Indy wrestling for that.

I disagree and agree at the same time. I know it's weird, but I mean I feel there are some members of the IWC who want to see the WWE become ROH and pure wrestling. While others just want to see the guys that they are most entertained by get their shot. I mean there a number of guys on the WWE roster I think should have a bigger role with the company and others who shouldn't be in the spots that they are in. But that's everything in life there will always be people to debate different aspects. I think the WWE needs to change a few things, but that's because I feel they've been coasting for to long and if they don't stop they will fall upon themselves. There PPVs have been lackluster and the last three Wrestlemania's have been meh which isn't good. I can't remember the last time WWE had a streak of terrible Wrestlemania's like the ones I've just seen.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!