Angles for Feuds and Matches in time for Wrestlemania 2011

Hey Folks,
    This is just a quick post-up of some idea's of think that could really work out for Wrestlemania this year and some angles\feuds that could have some real substance to them. I know there might be a few wrestlers I forget about but consider this a work in progress idea- might even write a resolved blog about the angles and why they would work.

For Heavyweight Champion-
    Edge Vs Christian
    Edge is coming up to his last few years in the game; Christian for me is extremely under utilized and deserves a chance at the Championship. There is good history and chemistry for a feud- hopefully with a re-juvenated Christian this could lead to a chance of pushing Edge a little more physically and getting some good energy from him.

For WWE Championship-
    Miz vs Morrison
    I think this is a match that has to happen- both have a good mic skills and have proved that they can put something major on for a match. Morrison has been pushing the more spectacular moves- high energy and the like. Also too most importantly it's the best way to put over new talent and consolidate there positions.

Feud Match- Possibly a quit match? Or something
    CM Punk VS John Cena
    It's pretty simple top heel vs top face of the company. CM Punk has really put himself up as probably the best all round performer\wrestler in the WWE right now. John Cena can really put over Punk- and Punk would get major heat for this. It could also raise this idea of him being kinda like a career ender- finishing Hardy and trying to get Cena to quit?

Triple Threat Match
    Triple H vs Sheamus vs Orton

Streak Match-
    Undertaker vs (dependent upon the availability of course) Sting or Brock Lesnar
    This would be the Legends match- possibly the match to retire the Undertaker from... You need someone who is quite enigmatic. I kinda think this would work better with Sting- he is has an established character\legend. Something that would really make people wonder the real outcome of the match- also if WWE as it is in Atlanta this could work out with reference to the WCW. Sting hasn't re-signed with TNA yet? So this could be very much a one off match..

Loose Ideas at the moment.. Need to be greatly resolved

Clash of the titans-
    Big Show vs Kane
    Just a thought but not really anything thought out.

Daniel Bryan Vs Jack Swagger for the US Championship
    Technical Wrestlers match- try to get some heat back behind Swagger

Money in the Bank
    Cody Rhodes vs Kofi Kingston vs Ziggler vs Alberto Del Rio
    Either have Ziggler or Del Rio win it and place one of them to challenge for the championships pretty quickly after wrestlemania.

Problems though- What to do with Nexus? The tag team divison is looking pretty sickly at the moment- seriously it's looking like Koslov and Santino might retain til then who is to challenge them? The Uso's? Maybe if you could get Ted DiBiase and Drew Mcintrye to get together for it? Also the Intercontinental Championship is something I haven't really resolved yet on either.

Anyway's it's a bit of dream card but I think it could work out pretty easily for it... Thoughts and all that are more than welcome...

Blog Entries
    I did one of these... here's how you structure it. If it's a jumbled mess like yours is, no one will reply. Not saying mine got a ton of replies either [Lot of people don't like "dream" threads for some reason...] either way, here it goes:

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH
    Alberto Del Rio
    John Morrison
    Big Show
    Wade Barrett
    Evan Bourne
    Rey Mysterio
    Drew McIntyre
    Jack Swagger
    Dolph Ziggler
    R-Truth

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    (c)Kofi Kingston VS. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes

WWE DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    (c)Natalya VS. Beth Phoenix

Randy Orton VS. Chris Jericho

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    Daniel Bryan VS. Tyson Kidd

CM Punk VS. John Cena

UnderTaker VS. Kane (Shawn Michaels Special Referee)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    (c)Edge VS. Christian

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    (c)Triple H VS. The Miz VS. Sheamus

I have my reasoning for all of them. Starting with MiTB... Ziggler will be involved due to losing at Rumble and losing at Elimination Chamber as well. The others are there because they have no strong feud going or their feud isn't strong enough for its own match yet.

IC Strap, c'mon. You know it's gonna happen. Why else would Kingston have it again 3 months before Mania?

Divas... Either it'll be a friendly competition or one of them is turning heel in February.

Jericho will be WAY more than ready to come back before them. He may be the reason Orton loses at Elimination Chamber.

Dunno about this one but, it seems logical as hell. They've been pushing both of them and they ARE part of the youth movement so, we'll see.

Punk/Cena = Duh.

Taker/Kane = Duh. (Not too sure on Michaels, although that would be grand.)

E&C.... Yup. He'll lose Rumble, win a match against Del Rio at Elimination Chamber and be the #1 contender, forcing Del Rio to compete in and possibly win MiTB setting up a Del Rio, Edge, Christian thing.

WWE Champ.... I see this happening at Elimination Chamber. Miz loses the strap so we figure Sheamus (who in my mind is winning the Rumble) and Trips are gonna battle it out for the WWE Strap but Miz throws his hat in due to the rematch clause and they take it to Mania.

Do I know who's gonna win these matches? Not yet. We're still too far away to tell. But, I think this is a VERY logical WM XXVII card. You?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated_R(ob)KO View Post
    I did one of these... here's how you structure it. If it's a jumbled mess like yours is, no one will reply. Not saying mine got a ton of replies either [Lot of people don't like "dream" threads for some reason...] either way, here it goes:

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH
    Alberto Del Rio
    John Morrison
    Big Show
    Wade Barrett
    Evan Bourne
    Rey Mysterio
    Drew McIntyre
    Jack Swagger
    Dolph Ziggler
    R-Truth

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    (c)Kofi Kingston VS. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes

WWE DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    (c)Natalya VS. Beth Phoenix

Randy Orton VS. Chris Jericho

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    Daniel Bryan VS. Tyson Kidd

CM Punk VS. John Cena

UnderTaker VS. Kane (Shawn Michaels Special Referee)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    (c)Edge VS. Christian

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    (c)Triple H VS. The Miz VS. Sheamus

I have my reasoning for all of them. Starting with MiTB... Ziggler will be involved due to losing at Rumble and losing at Elimination Chamber as well. The others are there because they have no strong feud going or their feud isn't strong enough for its own match yet.

IC Strap, c'mon. You know it's gonna happen. Why else would Kingston have it again 3 months before Mania?

Divas... Either it'll be a friendly competition or one of them is turning heel in February.

Jericho will be WAY more than ready to come back before them. He may be the reason Orton loses at Elimination Chamber.

Dunno about this one but, it seems logical as hell. They've been pushing both of them and they ARE part of the youth movement so, we'll see.

Punk/Cena = Duh.

Taker/Kane = Duh. (Not too sure on Michaels, although that would be grand.)

E&C.... Yup. He'll lose Rumble, win a match against Del Rio at Elimination Chamber and be the #1 contender, forcing Del Rio to compete in and possibly win MiTB setting up a Del Rio, Edge, Christian thing.

WWE Champ.... I see this happening at Elimination Chamber. Miz loses the strap so we figure Sheamus (who in my mind is winning the Rumble) and Trips are gonna battle it out for the WWE Strap but Miz throws his hat in due to the rematch clause and they take it to Mania.

Do I know who's gonna win these matches? Not yet. We're still too far away to tell. But, I think this is a VERY logical WM XXVII card. You?
    The Duh should be replaced by something more. Other than that, good, realistic card, as I have said in your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge_00 View Post
    Hey Folks,
    This is just a quick post-up of some idea's of think that could really work out for Wrestlemania this year and some angles\feuds that could have some real substance to them. I know there might be a few wrestlers I forget about but consider this a work in progress idea- might even write a resolved blog about the angles and why they would work.

For Heavyweight Champion-
    Edge Vs Christian
    Edge is coming up to his last few years in the game; Christian for me is extremely under utilized and deserves a chance at the Championship. There is good history and chemistry for a feud- hopefully with a re-juvenated Christian this could lead to a chance of pushing Edge a little more physically and getting some good energy from him.

For WWE Championship-
    Miz vs Morrison
    I think this is a match that has to happen- both have a good mic skills and have proved that they can put something major on for a match. Morrison has been pushing the more spectacular moves- high energy and the like. Also too most importantly it's the best way to put over new talent and consolidate there positions.

Feud Match- Possibly a quit match? Or something
    CM Punk VS John Cena
    It's pretty simple top heel vs top face of the company. CM Punk has really put himself up as probably the best all round performer\wrestler in the WWE right now. John Cena can really put over Punk- and Punk would get major heat for this. It could also raise this idea of him being kinda like a career ender- finishing Hardy and trying to get Cena to quit?

Triple Threat Match
    Triple H vs Sheamus vs Orton

Streak Match-
    Undertaker vs (dependent upon the availability of course) Sting or Brock Lesnar
    This would be the Legends match- possibly the match to retire the Undertaker from... You need someone who is quite enigmatic. I kinda think this would work better with Sting- he is has an established character\legend. Something that would really make people wonder the real outcome of the match- also if WWE as it is in Atlanta this could work out with reference to the WCW. Sting hasn't re-signed with TNA yet? So this could be very much a one off match..

Loose Ideas at the moment.. Need to be greatly resolved

Clash of the titans-
    Big Show vs Kane
    Just a thought but not really anything thought out.

Daniel Bryan Vs Jack Swagger for the US Championship
    Technical Wrestlers match- try to get some heat back behind Swagger

Money in the Bank
    Cody Rhodes vs Kofi Kingston vs Ziggler vs Alberto Del Rio
    Either have Ziggler or Del Rio win it and place one of them to challenge for the championships pretty quickly after wrestlemania.

Problems though- What to do with Nexus? The tag team divison is looking pretty sickly at the moment- seriously it's looking like Koslov and Santino might retain til then who is to challenge them? The Uso's? Maybe if you could get Ted DiBiase and Drew Mcintrye to get together for it? Also the Intercontinental Championship is something I haven't really resolved yet on either.

Anyway's it's a bit of dream card but I think it could work out pretty easily for it... Thoughts and all that are more than welcome...
    I know the card is unfinished, but its ok for what you have done so far. Unfortunately, the streak match against Brock Lesnar will not happen. Dana White has stated this recently, and hes a man of his word, unlike Bischoff, who most probably lies about alot of what he says.
    And IMO, the streak must never be broken. I don't care how over someone is, or how big a legend they are, because Takers streak is what sets him apart from the rest of the legends. No one has done something like that before, and no one should replicate it again.