Blog Entries

Punk and Ziggler

If anyone noticed I only post on here wen I'm drunk so here we go again, I'm a massive Ambrose fan but I'm happy to wait and see his wwe career develop and am in no rush, loving what's happening with the shield do far. My question is, punk and Ziggler as far as I know have been kept apart so far. I think if they were given a mania main event lasting 30-40 minutes it would be a classic, what are the chances this will happen in the next 3 years? And also, after Ziggler defends against del rio at extreme rules (presuming), bryan would be a great next opponent and it could last til summerslam and could serve us up some really good shit, agreed?

Blog Entries
    To be fair they did feud over the WWE Championship last year so there's not really any need for them to be feuding right now. I think it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll have another program again at some point in the future seeing as the matches they've given us so far have been great. As much as I would love to see it, a 30-40 minute Mania main event match might be a bit optimistic. Maybe once all the part timers eventually go away! I really hope Bryan is one of the challengers during Dolph's reign. They're match at Bragging Rights a couple years ago is still one of my favourites!

Blog Entries
    I just think that every mania should look at mania 3 as a basis, you have your superstar main event (hogan/Andre, Cena/rock) and halfway through the night you have a pure wrestling match lasting 30 minutes (savage/steamboat , punk/Jericho for example) it was really missing this year I was hoping for Ziggler/Jericho but there really was nothing for me to get excited about. I just feel with it being number 30 next year we will have lots of part timers returning and a Ziggler/ punk classic halfway thru the night for a title would be spot on

Blog Entries
    I think Punk deserves to be in the main event of WM30 considering what he's done over the last year and a half. I know it's extremely hopeful but I think WM30 could be the perfect time for Punk vs Austin if it's ever gonna happen. Punk vs Ziggler for the WHC would be a great consolation though!

Well, wait to see if Ziggler can actually pull off being the World Champ first. If it's anything like his career has been so far, then I don't see the reign lasting too long. He's failed to really get over (besides the IWC Zigglites), and if he can't shine at the top, then he'll be in Swagger, Del Rio, Miz Land.

As for Punk vs Austin? Why does everyone want to see that? Do you really see Austin putting on a great match the way his body is completely broken down? And if it does happen, do you really think he's gonna put Punk over? Probably not. So how believable would that be?

Wouldn't mind a Ziggler vs Punk feud question is which one of them turns face? Ziggler really hasn't shown me much mic work hes mainly heel due to using AJ & Big E to win but if he turns face would he still be over with the fans like Punk would?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Man View Post
    I think Punk deserves to be in the main event of WM30 considering what he's done over the last year and a half. I know it's extremely hopeful but I think WM30 could be the perfect time for Punk vs Austin if it's ever gonna happen. Punk vs Ziggler for the WHC would be a great consolation though!
    If Punk vs Austin were to happen it would NOT be the main event, that's for sure.

It would have to be realistic and Dolph would have to be built up first, otherwise it will be seen as the great match where everybody knew that punk would inevitably win.

[thinks about midcard]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    Well, wait to see if Ziggler can actually pull off being the World Champ first. If it's anything like his career has been so far, then I don't see the reign lasting too long. He's failed to really get over (besides the IWC Zigglites), and if he can't shine at the top, then he'll be in Swagger, Del Rio, Miz Land.

As for Punk vs Austin? Why does everyone want to see that? Do you really see Austin putting on a great match the way his body is completely broken down? And if it does happen, do you really think he's gonna put Punk over? Probably not. So how believable would that be?
    Yeah not so sure I want to see a Punk/Austin match at all either...maybe when Steve was in his prime and not making bad "B" movies with Steven Seagal (I kid you not see "Maximum Conviction" or rather don't see it) but certainly not these days...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    If Punk vs Austin were to happen it would NOT be the main event, that's for sure.
    It depends on who would also be on the ppv card and who would be the WWE Champ, so there is a chance it would be the main event