View Poll Results: Is John Cena winning the WWE title a good thing?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 60.71%
  • No

9 16.07%
  • I don't care.

13 23.21%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Cena isn't the champion we want, but he is the champion we need right now. I'd like to see him have a decent length reign but only through increasingly shady tactics. Cena's character needs refreshing and a decent length run with the title could be just the thing to show an edgy face/tweener side of Super Cena while still drawing the increased money and ratings that he does.

Divas to believe in.

Cena winning the title is a bad thing in my opinion. WWE is going to focus on him being the champion. Cena with the belt does nothing for it, all it means big whoopee do, he is champion for the 100th time. The title should be focusing on building new stars, they need more up and coming stars. John Cena already sells even without the title. Loo who they been passing the title along right now, it's been going back in fourth between Cena and Punk. AA era the title was pass among at least 6-8 stars. On the side note of this topic, they really need to build more stars and bring them up, along with making the rest of the titles important.

Blog Entries
    Yes (I hate this 10 character bullshit)
    I'm jus sayin...

Blog Entries
    Sure...I will reserve judgement for now until the next week and see where the next storylines are starting to line up...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Yes, it's a good thing for business, and probably a good thing for the guy who will beat him. Will the feud be interesting ? If there is a good talkers in front a Cena, perhaps, but if not it will be like an old Cena boring feud. Cena's last match vs Punk was very good. Cena vs Rock was average. I would have prefer a Cena vs Daniel Bryan feud or a Cena vs Christian feud, but we're actually going with a Cena vs Ryback. Ryback has no mic skills and is average and boring in the ring so I don't think I will be interested with that. But, as Ryback is now a heel, that can change

I no I don't normally post on here and prob be quoted as some noob who don't know shit, but here is my thought, if cena is champ he is only joing to fight top talent, cm punk or stars on the edge possibly who may draw, but if cena is concentrated on being champ then this should free up a spot on the roster,the champ has a storyline but also cena had a storyline, now it's both combined into 1 spot freeing up another spot for someone to grab it, even if it's a jobber to push for us belt or ic belt, somebody can now make the jump up to main roster

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_SUPER_POWERS View Post
    I no I don't normally post on here and prob be quoted as some noob who don't know shit, but here is my thought, if cena is champ he is only joing to fight top talent, cm punk or stars on the edge possibly who may draw, but if cena is concentrated on being champ then this should free up a spot on the roster,the champ has a storyline but also cena had a storyline, now it's both combined into 1 spot freeing up another spot for someone to grab it, even if it's a jobber to push for us belt or ic belt, somebody can now make the jump up to main roster
    I actually see your point. Though, I think Cm punk will also have his own story because he's now a major draw. I think Cm punk will be out of the title scene for a while and maybe even off tv if the reports of his health are correct so your point has some major validity to it. Welcome to forums by the way.
    #BeJelly

I would have much prefered Cena too turn heel at wrestlemania. It would have been much better IMO.
    Anyway I do believe either Cena or punk as champ is a good thing. Anyone on there level as champ is a good thing.
    Because since Punk turned heel and when The Rock was champ. The wwe title has been on a much higher level.

It is not just a good thing, it is a great thing and here is why. Cena gets to play the tweener as an aging veteran. Cena's time is almost up, he won't be around forever. With Triple H, Undertaker, Jericho, Rock, Punk, Lesnar, Mysterio all gone or taking extended periods of time off. This allows WWE to push new talents and make new superstars that are going to eventually replace Cena. We've started to see this with Ryback as early as Monday night. He is standing over the champion. If you're going to get a new superstar over who better than Cena? People may not like he is the face of the company or that he is holding the title when he doesn't need to, but it allows for a new hungry up and comer that is going to eventually replace Cena and be made into something more. Primetime Players feuding with Epico/Primo isn't going to get them over, but Titus O'Neil beating a John Cena would. Smaller feuds are nice, but taking on a big name can establish people nicely, if done properly. I see Cena as a "passing the torch champion" similar to Andre the Giant-Hulk Hogan, I think during his reign as champion this time. I could be way off base, just an opinion/idea I have as far as him being champion. Of course, if this is not the case, then WWE just ran in circles and it was a wasted time for him to be champion.

It would have been a great thing if he was heel as champion. That means that he would feud with the fan favorites to keep him fresh with his new image. But you know....merch merch merch! If he remains champ, I am just hoping for a talent influx.