View Poll Results: Is John Cena winning the WWE title a good thing?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 60.71%
  • No

9 16.07%
  • I don't care.

13 23.21%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seriously- I have no opinion on this. WWE creative are gonna do what they believe is best for the company

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I wish I knew if you were trolling or not, your trolling and your actual opinions get mixed a lot sometimes.

If you are being serious I'm a little sad. Calling this the best thing that has happen to the title in almost two years is silly to me. It's far too soon, and won his title in probably the worst wrestlemania main event in recent history. All he has done since is cut a decent promo and participate in one surprise heel turn by ryback... Whereas Cm punk participated in multiple classic feuds. I mean don't get me wrong, he's a good choice for champion, but your level of "markdom" is crazy to me.
    You should know me by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by eyehatecena View Post
    This I agree with

NOT!
    You need to agree or John will come to your house.

A STAR WAS BORN!!!! #ThankYouBrock

well john could come over as long as his Bella is with him and he leaves her with me and he moves on to another diva lol

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

CM Punk's reign was the best thing to happen to the title since the money in the bank concept. If John Cena took exception to this and came to my house to kick my ass, I wouldn't pound his face, break every bone in his body, then gonna drag him across a gravel road and feed his remains to a warthog (mostly because I couldn't and it probably would be pretty cool if Cena came to my house even if it was to kick my ass) This is the 21st century. I'd sue him!

I personally think the champ should always be someone who can move the entire product forward into intriguing and new directions, and Cena's been on top so much that it all just feels like old hat. And while I get that setting the stage for Ryback to potentially move into that sort of slot is an attempt to do just that, I don't really think he's the guy that so many others are convinced he is. Dude just doesn't have that je ne sais quoi of the top tier talents before him, and it's not something that's going to suddenly come to him on a gamble. As far as I'm concerned, there are other baskets that the front office would be smarter to put their eggs in.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    I am sick of John Cena.

Yes and no.

Pros:

-John Cena is more active than the previous Champion

-John Cena is surprisingly more over with WWE's future audience (the kids).

-John Cena can pull a great match out of his ass every once in awhile

-John Cena, by having the championship, is in a position to drop it off to somebody else which would probably result in putting somebody over big time.

- Hardcore fans of Cena may result in more sells of the WWE Championship replica.

Cons:

-John sometimes performs the same shtick over the microphone (and resorts to improvised comedy when the fans do not like what he is saying).

----------------------------------------------------------

Obviously for me the PRO's trump the CON's. While his gimmick may be sour I think with an interesting story-line I could become invested in his character again. No-matter how much and how long I have been holding his Doctor of Thugonomics character close to my heart (sad fan moment). I will always enjoy this theme;

I think another PRO would be if he turned 'heel'. And I do not mean by him twisting his foot around in the center of the ring. I truly believe that a bad guy Cena is what the WWE currently needs. He is over enough as a hated guy.. If Vince McMahon truly saw the money signs then he would know that a Cena heel turn has dollar signs written all over it. Just look at how many fans want it to happen.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hey guys... So, I was thinking today about the implications of John Cena becoming the WWE champion for a likely record setting 11th time, 13 in all... tied for the most World championships in WWE history I think... (Ric Flair won some of his in AWA... I think only HHH and John Cena have 13 major title reigns in the WWE, correct me if I'm wrong.) I was wondering if you all thought that it was a good thing, or if it was a bad thing to have him win it once more.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the poll results will be the opposite of my opinion. While John Cena's character is bland, He still gets people to watch the product, and even when he wasn't the champion he was the main draw. I think John Cena as champion is good for the WWE for that reason, your champion should be a huge draw, and John Cena is that. Obviously anyone who has read any of my opinions knows I'd prefer someone like Daniel Bryan but I really do believe that John Cena can put on quality ppv matches and put together great promos at times... Having him as your champion also creates hatred for him, which leads to anyone beating him becoming super over... If a young talent turns heel and takes the title from him the smarks will cheer him to death, making him over... In essence .. Who ever takes the title from John Cena IMO might get a mega push!
    Are you a fan of wrestling? Or a fan of the business side of things? Because every single point (But one) about him being champion is a good thing, is about the business side of things which has no affect on you. I want him has champion because hes in my top 5, but i will go anti Cena he faces Punk or Ryback.

Cena has done so much for the WWE over the last 10 years. The company wouldn't be what it is today if Cena hadn't carried the flag. He deserve another reign.

Blog Entries
    Frankly I think it is telling that from the start Ryback has been like a tweener already...I mean he does not have to act any differently really than he is to be considered a face or a heel...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain