View Poll Results: Is John Cena winning the WWE title a good thing?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 60.71%
  • No

9 16.07%
  • I don't care.

13 23.21%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Is John Cena being WWE champion a good thing?

Hey guys... So, I was thinking today about the implications of John Cena becoming the WWE champion for a likely record setting 11th time, 13 in all... tied for the most World championships in WWE history I think... (Ric Flair won some of his in AWA... I think only HHH and John Cena have 13 major title reigns in the WWE, correct me if I'm wrong.) I was wondering if you all thought that it was a good thing, or if it was a bad thing to have him win it once more.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the poll results will be the opposite of my opinion. While John Cena's character is bland, He still gets people to watch the product, and even when he wasn't the champion he was the main draw. I think John Cena as champion is good for the WWE for that reason, your champion should be a huge draw, and John Cena is that. Obviously anyone who has read any of my opinions knows I'd prefer someone like Daniel Bryan but I really do believe that John Cena can put on quality ppv matches and put together great promos at times... Having him as your champion also creates hatred for him, which leads to anyone beating him becoming super over... If a young talent turns heel and takes the title from him the smarks will cheer him to death, making him over... In essence .. Who ever takes the title from John Cena IMO might get a mega push!
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    I love it. So many newcomers waiting in the wings for an opportunity to have a crack at Cena and by the end of the feud, we'll most likely see someone new as the WWE Champion by the end of his reign. We already have a Ryback v. Cena feud developing so it'll be cool to see what comes next.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I love it. So many newcomers waiting in the wings for an opportunity to have a crack at Cena and by the end of the feud, we'll most likely see someone new as the WWE Champion by the end of his reign. We already have a Ryback v. Cena feud developing so it'll be cool to see what comes next.
    I actually wouldn't mind Ryback taking the title from him. Just have Ryback be the tweener so he can feud with Punk after Cena... I hope they aren't planning to turn him into a monster heel... The WWE needs babyfaces and tweeners more than heels right now IMO.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Couldn't you have made the questions so particular and headed in one direction so I could have trouble voting? Geez.......you could have at least put, "Yes he is the bestest wrestler eva" and "No way, fuck you, TNA rulez!". Man you're a dull cookie Donny.

I believe Cena being champ is the [U]safe[U] thing. He draws. While Cena is champion, there should be the grooming of the next face of the company. Scratch that, this is the time to pring up the next FACES of WWE. I think there should be three faces that draw near the same numbers.

Blog Entries
    I'm fine with it. Cena's gone almost 2 years without being the Champ. As long as it's not more than 3-4 months long, then I'm perfectly fine with him being champion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Couldn't you have made the questions so particular and headed in one direction so I could have trouble voting? Geez.......you could have at least put, "Yes he is the bestest wrestler eva" and "No way, fuck you, TNA rulez!". Man you're a dull cookie Donny.
    I'm sorry for not being a total mark. I am sure if I would have worded it like another poll recently about John Cena, this thread would already be 5 pages deep. Instead I thought I'd be my normal dull self and ask a question that allows you to voice your opinion fairly instead of giving you only options that I agree with.
    #BeJelly

Cena>The Rock

John Cena beats all and is the BEST thing to happen to the WWE Title in almost 2 yrs.

A STAR WAS BORN!!!! #ThankYouBrock

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Hey guys... So, I was thinking today about the implications of John Cena becoming the WWE champion for a likely record setting 11th time, 13 in all... tied for the most World championships in WWE history I think... (Ric Flair won some of his in AWA... I think only HHH and John Cena have 13 major title reigns in the WWE, correct me if I'm wrong.) I was wondering if you all thought that it was a good thing, or if it was a bad thing to have him win it once more.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the poll results will be the opposite of my opinion. While John Cena's character is bland, He still gets people to watch the product, and even when he wasn't the champion he was the main draw. I think John Cena as champion is good for the WWE for that reason, your champion should be a huge draw, and John Cena is that. Obviously anyone who has read any of my opinions knows I'd prefer someone like Daniel Bryan but I really do believe that John Cena can put on quality ppv matches and put together great promos at times... Having him as your champion also creates hatred for him, which leads to anyone beating him becoming super over... If a young talent turns heel and takes the title from him the smarks will cheer him to death, making him over... In essence .. Who ever takes the title from John Cena IMO might get a mega push!
    Are you a fan of wrestling? Or a fan of the business side of things? Because every single point (But one) about him being champion is a good thing, is about the business side of things which has no affect on you. I want him has champion because hes in my top 5, but i will go anti Cena he faces Punk or Ryback.

I picked Yes solely because he is there every week!!