Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dreamer vs. Raven

8 72.73%
  • Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuines

3 27.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which rivalry was better: Dreamer-Raven or Bryan Danielson-Nigel McGuines

Again, no long write up until tomorrow, but I still want to get these up.
    WWE resigned Punk, and everything I've said has come true on these things, so WWE, keep Punk a badass face. He will become a legend if you do.

JBW is so good, even the most cynical member of the IWC couldn't complain about it. Check out or most recent shows here!

And join in on the discussion here. We will welcome you with open arms. Please join now by PMing me or WWTNA Mark!

Horror movie tournament final: The Shining vs. Silence of the Lambs vs. Halloween...coming very soon.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dreamer v Raven win's this.... Without a shadow of a doubt.

Wow.... That was painful to type!
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

#FreeBodom

Blog Entries
    Ok xStraightEdgeSaviourx you really got to put up your thoughts on the matchups soon! I love reading them!

Anyway, we all know that without a doubt, Danielson vs McGuiness had the better wrestling matches. Hell, they were called the best in the world! But it still wasn't the best rivalry, storylinewise. That Dreamer and Raven storyline used elements from real life from the 2 ECW originals, that it made the storyline seem bloody real. Thats different from just the hardcore wrestling that ECW haters say that ECW is all about- A bunch of glorified stuntmen. Those 2 could really tell a story in the ring. And bringing Beulah and Tommys children into it was edgy, but it made me feel for Raven. They had some great matches too, but I liked the storytelling better, and so I have picked the Dreamer-Raven feud.

Representing McGuinness and Dickbutt.

Expecting the WWE UNIVERSE and the TNATION to completely squash 'em.

I swear at one point i thought Raven and Dreamer was real life fued at one pint-they get my vote everytime
    Bastard........
    Did you just troll me? That's so not cool man!

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Ok xStraightEdgeSaviourx you really got to put up your thoughts on the matchups soon! I love reading them!

Anyway, we all know that without a doubt, Danielson vs McGuiness had the better wrestling matches. Hell, they were called the best in the world! But it still wasn't the best rivalry, storylinewise. That Dreamer and Raven storyline used elements from real life from the 2 ECW originals, that it made the storyline seem bloody real. Thats different from just the hardcore wrestling that ECW haters say that ECW is all about- A bunch of glorified stuntmen. Those 2 could really tell a story in the ring. And bringing Beulah and Tommys children into it was edgy, but it made me feel for Raven. They had some great matches too, but I liked the storytelling better, and so I have picked the Dreamer-Raven feud.
    What Brownie said...

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

Dreamer vs Raven was both brutal and epic!! The storyline was intense, and very much like the Edge/Lita/Matt Hardy storyline, there was real emosion involved as it was pretty much a real feud.
    Tommy Dreamer vs Raven wins this for me.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wanted to vote for Bryan and Nigel, but there hasn't been many rivalries that have rivalled the rivalry that was Dreamer v Raven. It's up there with the best.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

#FreeBodom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thejman93 View Post
    What Brownie said...
    Thankyou. You might become a part of my sig If the page doesn't hang again lol.

Brown One, you've asked for it, and now you've got it. I'm back again with my official opinion on these feud. A lot of my thoughts on this match-up have already been stated, but I'd still like to think my opinion counts for something (not to mention I want to post so cool videos I found from each feud for your viewing pleasure). Anyway, these two feuds are about the exact opposite from each other: one (Danielson vs. McGuinness) displays out-of-this-world fantastic technical wrestling, with a less than stellar story, and the other (Raven vs. Dreamer) displays out-of-this-world fantastic story, with less than stellar technical wrestling. Both are obviously incredible feuds in their own rights, but there can only be one in this tournament and there must be a winner (excluding the one match-up that ended in a draw).

Fittingly, I found a great promo (by Raven of course...no offense Dreamer) for the Raven/Dreamer feud that sort of wraps up their entire history, and it entails some of the greatest moments in ECW history:

Also fittingly, I found an epic match between Danielson and McGuinness that i want to show you guys. It has pretty bad sound quality, and there's also a slight delay between the audio and video, so if that really bothers you, then you might want to turn your speakers down when you watching the match. I tried to find their match at Unification (which was their best effort imo) but it's really hard to find it on the web w/o downloading so this match will have to do. Don't get me wrong though, it's an excellent match in it's own right with an out of this world finish (about mid way through the third video there's just a masterful series of counters that pretty much doesn't end until the end of the match, it's pretty tight):

My opinion:

Wrestling edge: Nigel McGuinness vs. Bryan Danielson. No question about it, and it's not like Raven and Dreamer had shitty matches...but c'mon, it's Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson!

Promo edge: Raven vs. Dreamer. No question about it, and it's not like Nigel and Danielson had shitty promos...but c'mon, it's Raven and Tommy Dreamer!

Longevity: Raven vs. Dreamer. If I'm not mistaken, I think Nigel and Bryan's feud lasted for about a good 2 or 3 years, which is nothing to shake a stick at, but Raven vs. Dreamer was even longer.

"Holy shit" moments: Raven vs. Dreamer. This one is actually closer than one might think, because Nigel and Bryan had some awesome spots in it in their own rights, but Raven vs. Dreamer were total spot fests...both in their matches AND their promos.

Impact: Raven vs. Dreamer. I don't think there is a doubt in my mind that Raven vs. Dreamer was the biggest and best rivalry in any incarnation of ECW, and it helped carry the company that more or less gave us the Attitude Era in WWE. Nigel and Danielson has helped carry ROH too, but it's nothing like the impact that Raven vs. Dreamer made.

Overall: Raven vs. Dreamer. It's not like this was a blowout by any means for me, because even though Raven vs. Dreamer won 4 of my 5 categories, they only had a really decisive edge in one of them, and Nigel vs. Danielson got the edge in my personal most important category, but it's still Raven vs. Dreamer for me all the way. Their feud was too epic.
    WWE resigned Punk, and everything I've said has come true on these things, so WWE, keep Punk a badass face. He will become a legend if you do.

JBW is so good, even the most cynical member of the IWC couldn't complain about it. Check out or most recent shows here!

And join in on the discussion here. We will welcome you with open arms. Please join now by PMing me or WWTNA Mark!

Horror movie tournament final: The Shining vs. Silence of the Lambs vs. Halloween...coming very soon.