Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    If they did merge the championships back into an undisputed title. Then more time should be spent on making a secondary title like the IC Championship worth more than it is right now.
    Yes! The IC strap has so much history and was a natural gateway for talent to "pay their dues" and work their way to the top...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Too much talent for only one major title IMO...

The problem isn't having too many belts, it's not using them well.
    This.

/Thread.

I do think however that a title with a weight limit would be an ideal thing to see. There's so many undercarders that are 220lbs or less that would be able to make up an entertaining division to put on Main event or something.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    I've never said this before because I have always been a staunch supporter of the existence of the US and WHC. But I think now, even I would prefer to see these belts brought together. WWE - Vince has seemed determined to undermine the value of the belts that came across from WCW. I don't think that is any coincidence, I think it is intentional. And if you're going to be like that, if you're going to be that childish about it, then yeah, you may as well donate those toys to charity. I'll always be pissed at Vince for making this petty move to devalue the history of the original NWA championship

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I've never said this before because I have always been a staunch supporter of the existence of the US and WHC. But I think now, even I would prefer to see these belts brought together. WWE - Vince has seemed determined to undermine the value of the belts that came across from WCW. I don't think that is any coincidence, I think it is intentional. And if you're going to be like that, if you're going to be that childish about it, then yeah, you may as well donate those toys to charity. I'll always be pissed at Vince for making this petty move to devalue the history of the original NWA championship
    YES! Exactly! I would rather see the WHC just get tucked away and quietly remembered than see it tarnished in value to the WWE strap...as much as I was finally happy to see Ziggler get the title it almost feels like a consolation prize

Quote Originally Posted by rhyno535 View Post
    I think they should go back to 4 or 5 titles. WWE Title, IC title, Tag Team Title and Divas Title, maybe a cruiserweight title too.

Then i thought about the thing some guys have been writing. That there is to many guys for just one Major title. So i want to know, which guys do you consider as TOP main event guys for the WWE title?

I disagree that there are too many guys for one Major Title. In the past few months the WWE Championship has only revolved around The Rock, John CEna, and CM PUnk, with Ryback thrown in as filler, while every other top guy is just crammed into the World Heavyweight Title scene. Everyone doesn't need to be a World Champion. There are legends who never won a World Title. Also, having two World Titles sends the message that being a midcarder is a "bad" thing.

John Cena is the current WWE Champion. But a guy like Cena is exactly why we DON'T need two titles. WWE managed to keep Cena in the spotlight even when he wasn't in the title picture for over a year and a half. Also, when The Rock went AWOL with the WWE Title, they effectively only had one title in the WHC, but still found something for everyone to do

Who are top guys for the WWE Title?

John Cena
    CM Punk
    Dolph Ziggler
    Ryback
    Sheamus
    Alberto Del Rio

Let some of the other top guys go after the IC Title and have EPIC feuds for it. Look at Miz and Wade Barrett. Having two "names" feuding over the IC belt really made it look more important. Also these guys can be moved up to WWE Title level when needed. Make sure the IC belt is always on a guy that the fans see as a "big" name, or on someone that WWE appears to be giving a massive push. Just keep it away from the likes of Kofi Kingston, etc.

Wade Barrett
    The Miz
    Randy Orton (goes between WWE and IC level as needed)
    Kane
    Big Show
    Mark Henry
    Daniel Bryan
    Jack Swagger
    Antonio Cesaro (should already be on IC Title level)
    Cody Rhodes
    Christian

Retire the U.S. Title and replace it with either the European Title or create a Television Title for the lower guys.

Revive the Light Heavyweight Championship for the smaller guys. I prefer the LHW belt over the CW title simply because WWE should be focused on their own titles rather than flaunting the WCW leftovers as a reminder of winning the Monday Night Wars.

Not everyone gets to be a world champion. But having two World Titles only enforces the idea that being a "midcarder" is a bad thing. And when you hand out World Title reigns to just about anyone, it makes the guys who haven't won a World Title yet look that much worse.

It would limit the ridiculous amount of times someone can claim they have been a world champion. However, I believe it would hurt the young and coming talent. It isn't like WWE has solid storylines to want us to see matches. 1 less title means 1 more story type of match.

Blog Entries
    I do agree time will tell in how Ziggler handles his time now and how the WWE plays out what potential both titles have right now brewing...hate to admit that in hindsight it was right that the Rock was the one to bring out the new WWE title look and the writing behind that made it almost bearable how things went down at the rumble...honestly they did a good job with Punk as well during his long reign to being up the history and presitege of the WWE title to the uneducated...maybe they need to do the same thing to help the WHC