Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Extreme Rules match prediction thread

We've got another month to go, but what the heck. Several matches on the card are already shaping up. So I'm going to have a go at this. At least the title matches anyways.

WWE Championship match
    John Cena (c) vs. Ryback
    Winner: John Cena

As Booker T clearly stated on Raw, The Rock has a remach clause, but I don't see it happening at Extreme Rules. The chances of it happening at Payback are more likely. Ryback just turned heel, and Cena needs a fresh challenger to start off what will probably be a lengthy title reign, so there you go. The downside is that Ryback will lose yet another PPV match, but oh well.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship match
    Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
    Winner: Dolph Ziggler

I believe by the end of his title reign, Ziggler will ultimately become a babyface. It's only a matter of time before AJ Lee and Big E Langston turn on him, the crowd wants to cheer for him, and heel contenders like Jack Swagger are waiting patiently in the background. But first, Ziggler has to take care of Alberto Del Rio, who will be ready for his rematch by May. Ziggler's been waiting 10 months to cash in, so I obviously expect him to retain at least once.

WWE Intercontinental Championship match
    Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz
    Winner: The Miz

Wade Barrett won the Intercontinental Championship back just 24 hours after losing it. The Miz, meanwhile, will be gone for the rest of April to shoot a film, but he'll be back in May ready to cash in an ovedue rematch clause. I fully expect Barrett's third title reign to be booked better than his second reign, but I don't see it lasting as long. I'm going to say The Miz wins back the title here. That way Barrett can start looking towards Money In The Bank.

WWE United States Championship match
    Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. Kofi Kingston
    Winner: Antonio Cesaro

After what will be 9 long months of proclaiming that no American will beat him for the US title, Cesaro is about to find himself facing a man born in Ghana, West Africa: Kofi Kingston. Cesaro's booking has suffered horribly since February, which is normally a sign that his title reign is about to end, but not quite yet. I think this will be Cesaro's last successful title defense, and he will ultimately lose the title to Canada's Christian, who is expected to return at any time.

WWE Tag Team Championship match
    Team Hell No (c) vs. The Shield
    Winner: The Shield

Let's face it, Team Hell No should've split months ago, and I'm still suprised we didn't see Kane vs. Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania. They finally managed to get on the same page last Sunday, but that's the calm before the storm, in my opinion. The Shield has momentum, but the group needs to continue evolving to stay interesting. A title change needs to occur. I don't care which 2 of the 3 guys are the contenders. I just see Team Hell No's reign coming to an end.

Feel free to add your own predictions. I'm sure I'll add more of my own as we get closer to the PPV.

First off I know, I know Cena is not turning heel. Before everyone jumps on me for the millionth time about face of the WWE, kids, merch...etc. I know and I understand. But a man can dream.

But wouldn't be HILARIOUS if the Shield helps Cena and costs Ryback the title again!? I'd LMAO so hard.

i love this forum but i can see it being a triple threat at extreme rules for the wwe title or a triple threat for the WHC.
    Rock will proberly face Cena at Summerslam.
    it looks to be either HHH and Hell No or Taker and Hell No at extreme rules or HHH, Taker and Hell No in The Shields first ever outnumbered situation.
    Cesaro hasnt been around lately because of Mr. McMahon so either ur prediction of him losing his title will happen at extreme rules or they are just going to forget about Cesaro and hope people dont notice a missing title.
    intercontinental is the only one i completely agree on but it would be cool to see a gaulet match starting with Barrett vs Miz then winner faces Cody Rhodes then Winner face Damien Sandow and then to top it off winner faces Fandango, in which could start a rivalry between Rhodes and Fandango to set up about 6 monthes of pure mayhem in a squared circle.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    FanDanGo vs Y2J again with some sort off stipulation like no dq or something again FanDanGo coming out victorious

Blog Entries
    How awesome would it be if Fandango were to get on dancing with the stars?

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking View Post
    How awesome would it be if Fandango were to get on dancing with the stars?
    I'm suprised Jericho's tenure on Dancing With The Stars hasn't been brought up yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    I'm suprised Jericho's tenure on Dancing With The Stars hasn't been brought up yet.
    Yes!? Why waste that natural storyline? Frankly that should have been the whole premise to why Fandango came to the WWE and instantly targeted Jericho to teach him a "dancing lesson he will never forget."

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post

WWE Tag Team Championship match
    Team Hell No (c) vs. The Shield

Let's face it, Team Hell No should've split months ago, and I'm still suprised we didn't see Kane vs. Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania. They finally managed to get on the same page last Sunday, but that's the calm before the storm, in my opinion. The Shield has momentum, but the group needs to continue evolving to stay interesting. A title change needs to occur. I don't care which 2 of the 3 guys are the contenders. I just see Team Hell No's reign coming to an end.
    Would love to see taker added to this then when the shield win they are forced to pick 2 people to represent the group allowing reigns to go after a singles belt. A win over taker and Hell No wouldn't hurt in push them either.

Also shouldn't their be a extremes rule match on the card?

Quote Originally Posted by wwefan1991 View Post
    Also shouldn't their be a extremes rule match on the card?
    Of course, but I don't know (or care) which stipulation goes to which match. Gimmick PPVs suck, IMO.

WWE Championship Extreme Rules match
    John Cena(c) vs Ryback vs Mark Henry
    Winner: John Cena(c)

I see Cena pinning Henry after a Shellshock from Ryback or something along the lines of that so Ryback doesn't look to weak in losing another PPV match. I see this being a Triple threat match and then the next night on Raw have Ryback go after someone like Kane or Daniel Bryan for not getting another shot at Cena for Payback.

World Heavyweight Championship Ladder match
    Dolph Ziggler(c) vs Alberto Del Rio
    Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Dolph will win in a heelish fashion like maybe have Big E. Langston interfere or something along those lines. WWE really wants to push Alberto Del Rio as their top latino baby face so I can't see the WWE having him losing cleanly. If Ziggler wins without outside interference I see Dolph slowly turning face against AJ and Big E. Langston with Daniel Bryan now in charge.

Intercontinental Championship 2/3 Falls match
    Wade Barrett(c) vs the Miz
    Winner: Wade Barrett

This matches winner was very hard to predict because I see Barrett winning the MITB later this year. So I thought they might have the Miz win so the Miz can defend it against heels like Mark Henry, Big E. Langston, or Ryback. If Barrett retains he will defend it against guys like Chris Jericho and Christian.

United States Championship Singles match
    Antonio Cesaro(c) vs Kofi Kingston
    Winner: Antonio Cesaro

This will likely be a preshow match unfortunately. Terrible that someone like Cesaro can't get a proper feud, but a guy like Fandango can just show up and go after Chris Jerico. Cesaro would be much better suited in a feud with Chris Jericho or Christian.

Street Fight
    Big Show vs Sheamus vs Randy Orton
    Winner: Sheamus

This might be the catalyst for Orton's heel turn with maybe Sheamus "stealing" the victory from Randy Orton or just have him RKO Sheamus after the match.

Tag Team Championship Falls Count Anywhere match
    Team Hell No(c) vs the Shield

I see this being the best match on the card. With the Shield winning after a triple powerbomb on Daniel Bryan or a spear by Reigns on Kane.

Steel Cage match
    Fandango vs Chris Jericho
    Winner: Fandango

Fandango picks up another fluke win over Chris Jericho. It allows Fandango to continue to get over Jericho without losing Jericho losing face.

Divas Championship Singles match
    Kaitlin(c) vs Tamina
    Winner: Kaitlin

I'm not putting much thought into this match. Kaitlin wins with a spear.

Tag Team match
    Tons of Funk vs Team Rhodes Scholars
    Winner: Team Rhodes Scholars

Another candidate for the preshow match. Which is really saddening because both Cody and Damien Sandow deserve so much more.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!