tricking the IWC is key

Everyone(including myself) seems to complain that WWE is boring. While I do recognize that a lot of this has to do with the predictability and overall poor quality of creative lately, whatever surprises WWE does plan are almost always posted on wrestling websites a few days in advance. My question is why doesnt WWE try to plant more false reports to throw off internet communities? If reports on wrestling websites started to become unreliable, wouldnt that be more reason for people to tune in every week? It just seems like a relatively easy way to slightly boost ratings. Any thoughts?

People kept thinking ziggler cash in, cena or orton heel turn etc and nothing happened so in a way it was not predictable because it was not what they were expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    People kept thinking ziggler cash in, cena or orton heel turn etc and nothing happened so in a way it was not predictable because it was not what they were expecting.
    The trouble with this is there's no pay off. People wanted to see Ziggler, to see Cena turn or to see Orton heel again. People call anything they don't want to happen "predictable". I've realised it's a hypocrisy of the IWC that Cena's win is predictable but saying what "should have happened" is just great booking (on their part).

I agree that working the IWC is important but only really for the enjoyment of the IWC who, by the looks of it, are the wrestling fans least likely to pay for the PPV. If, as a demographic, the IWC are generating less revenue for the company they're always going to come third (or lower) after kids, Mums and Dads, teenagers and so on.

Divas to believe in.

The iwc just makes up a tiny fraction of their audience. If we think theyre predictable and boring they dont care. They got millions of others eating out of the palm of their hand. I do however like the slight references to the iwc they occasionally do. Like a little wink to the over analytical portion of their audience

They might complain that it's boring. But they just say that, why would they be watching if it was boring? Also it's kinda of there fault if WWE is Predictable since there reading reports.

Blog Entries
    I loved the little "heel turn" comment Cena made that almost made me forgive him for the last 2 years...hey maybe that was his real "heel turn" after all and we just don't know it...or care really...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    They might complain that it's boring. But they just say that, why would they be watching if it was boring? Also it's kinda of there fault if WWE is Predictable since there reading reports.
    Which is exactly why I don't read reports...and when I do, I take them with a grain of salt.

Blog Entries

tricking the IWC is key!!!!

hmm just like what TNA did in the case of Devon's release right?? :P

Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking View Post
    I loved the little "heel turn" comment Cena made that almost made me forgive him for the last 2 years...hey maybe that was his real "heel turn" after all and we just don't know it...or care really...
    As much as i dont like him he did make me laugh on raw a couple of times last night. I usually enjoy it when he makes insider jokes that smarks would know as opposed to the little kids or casual fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

outside of the little 'iwc' bubble your opinnons are irrelivent and baseless, so no the key is not to tricking people who post on forums, the key is making money, nothing more nothing less