Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why Rock, why?

I wouldn't buy the dirt sheets reasons. I've never seen a guy on top be as open to doing business as the Rock..Back when he was white hot and both HHH and Stone Cold refused to lay down for Jericho the Rock had no problem doing it.
    The silverback alpha male needs no signature

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    That's what I got there.

Who cares that The Rock wasn't there? I see so many saying that they don't give a damn about The Rock, then when he doesn't show up people complain that he isn't there.
    Raw was awesome without him there, so let's just focus on that I say. Screw The Rock.
    Wow Tommy nice.....Wah, wah? I'm so saddened....LOL But thanks for reading my long post and responding. The way I feel is, it's better to have a post that people actually respond to, then always posting something no one responds to. Or just being the person who has to respond to other peoples posts as being stupid.

I'm glad that's all you got out of it for my own future reference.

But for everyone else I guess my main disappointment is the way The Rock handled the situation. He's hurt, fine. He should have gave someone a heads up sooner. It's the professional decent thing to do. I didn't like the way he handled this situation with everything he was allowed to do in the past few years. It rubbed me the wrong way.

And I thought this was a why Rock, why thread? Not how RAW was awesome thread without him? RAW was awesome last night. IDK the exact ratings, but all I know is the ratings would have a disagreement with anyone who says the ratings are worse with The Rock on the show.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 04-09-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking View Post
    Ok...check this...maybe we are all just missing it...maybe Super Cena did turn heel after all...being the cocky "look at me THE CHAMP IS HERE" was the heel turn...the in your face I am really the man to carry this belt Mr. Hollywood so you better shake my hand and give me a hug was the long awaited change in...wait no never mind that's how Cena is all the time my bad...

Really?....really?....really?.....

How insulting would it be to have all this stuff happen at RAW tonight and this whole Rock is gone thing be a work to facilitate some ill concieved Cena character spin...?? Oh yeah whatever...Cena will open the show tonight and do some gloat...gloat...gloating! Blah...humbug!
    Cena didn't turn heel, he has always been the cocky, lame joke telling wrestler. Get over the Cena heel turn already.

Fandango is going to beat Rock AND Cena anyways, so who cares.

DA DA... DADA DADA DADADA DA!!! DA DADA DA DA!!!

IT'S... FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM THE APW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION!!! (#HotBods #BodomIsMyBestie)

Former HWA Writer

Johnny Hot:
    HWA Supremacy World Champion (x1)
    APW World Champion (x1)
    (2x) APW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS (w/ Bodom)
    APW International Champion
    Award for Feud of the Year (2012)
    Award for Shocker of the Year (2012)

Sweet Jones:
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion

Cody McDerrell:
    HWA's Resident Redneck

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Okay, I'm looking at this in common sense wise with everything I read to give a timeline on why I was actually pretty bent about the Rock leaving.

He has his match with Cena. He supposedly "injured his abs." He leaves the arena, while RAWs script was being written. About a couple of hours before the actual show they find out he is in Los Angels and not Jersey. They rush to rewrite a script.

So if I were asking questions it'd go like this.

1. Rock wasn't there any doctors backstage? Yes I'm sure they had doctors backstage, but a doctor backstage can not tell how bad the injury is without xrays.

2. Rock you had to get on a plane and not tell anybody you were injured and took a 8hr flight? During those 8hrs on the flight did it occur to you to tell someone you would not be at RAW? Rock why didn't you tell anyone in advance you weren't go to be on RAW like you were for the last 2yrs? I'm sure Rock told people he was leaving on a plane, I doubt it would be that easy for Rock to just up and leave without ANYONE knowing. I'll put money on it that Vince and Rock didn't think the injury was that bad until the hospital doctors had a chance to run xrays. Vince probably had the script re done last min to see if the Rock was going to be able to make it back.

3. Rock you finally put Cena over, but even if it's true, that you're injured, not even a promo via satellite? Since Cena beat the Rock, why would the Rock need to do a promo at all? If Vince wants to setup Rock vs Brock then Rock and Cena fued is over.

4. Rock leading up to WM you did the talk show circuit. The ones I saw you didn't even have the belt with you. You just promoted your movies. Why no WWE rub? I mean you are the champ and were in the main event of WM? Cena won the belt last night and was all over the place with the belt. All over where? What talk show circuit did Cena do after he won the belt? If fans follow the Rock then they should know about WM and the fact he is the champion. No need to push something like that. Rock is now a movie star first and a wrestler second. Sad fact but it is a true one.

5. So nothing Rock after 2 solid yrs of build up where you won each time. You got to interfere in one WM main event. Then got to come on RAW to challenge Cena for next WM. Then Rock shows, tons of air time, then beating Cena at WM. Then you get to come back on RAW and announce you want to be champ and you get a shot at the RR. You end the longest streak in decades by winning the belt off Punk. Then you don't have to wrestle in the chamber as traditionally so. You go on to WM as champ and put Cena over, then just leave? Not even a promo? Okay........ lol why do you keep saying he left? Just because he was not on Raw everyone seems to think he left. Again what is he going to shoot a promo for? The fued between Cena and Rock is done. Geez wow HHH was not on Raw, does that mean he just left? Why didn't he cut a promo?

Conclusion: How do I not feel like The Rock didn't just use the WWE to grandstand his own image and totally disappoint me? I can't.
    My response to this are in red next to the questions. I don't get why you are upset with Rock. It's not like he came to WWE and Vince just changed the plans on him the night before WM. He long ago new he would beat Punk and win the belt. He new long ago he was going to wrestle Cena again and have Cena win the belt and put him over. Punk was injured at WM, probably didn't know how bad until he was able to get xrays. Just because Rock didn't show up on Raw does not mean he up and left WWE.

Vince wants to setup Rock and Brock for next WM from what sites have said. So what would the promo on Raw do from the Rock? What is he going to say? Crap like "Oh Cena you are a true wrestler, a great man, I was honored to wrestle you". Please that would do nothing more the piss off the fans. At the end of the day the fued with Cena and Rock is done, time for Cena to face someone else.

Yeah, I'm totally not getting the melodramatics for Rock not appearing on RAW. His post-match interactions with Cena pretty much put the perfect ribbon on their whole entire package. Dedicating more airtime just to tack an additional promo on to their feud would have been completely superfluous.

And Rock vs Brock doesn't interest me in the slightest, so no sweat off my sack in regards to them not planting seeds for that, either.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by TheSocalGuy79 View Post
    My response to this are in red next to the questions. I don't get why you are upset with Rock. It's not like he came to WWE and Vince just changed the plans on him the night before WM. He long ago new he would beat Punk and win the belt. He new long ago he was going to wrestle Cena again and have Cena win the belt and put him over. Punk was injured at WM, probably didn't know how bad until he was able to get xrays. Just because Rock didn't show up on Raw does not mean he up and left WWE.

Vince wants to setup Rock and Brock for next WM from what sites have said. So what would the promo on Raw do from the Rock? What is he going to say? Crap like "Oh Cena you are a true wrestler, a great man, I was honored to wrestle you". Please that would do nothing more the piss off the fans. At the end of the day the feud with Cena and Rock is done, time for Cena to face someone else.
    First off thank you for answering my questions, with your opinions. That's called dialogue. Second maybe I should clarify that "leaving" as I meant it was up and leaving the event at WM as it looked as if he was scheduled to be on RAW. Why do I say that? Because I read the writers had to rewite the script. Where did I read that? I believe it was on the news feed on this site. I assume that what I read on the news feed here is pretty accurate. If I'm wrong for thinking that, someone correct me.

So the question that perplexes me is if Vince knew he was leaving why did they have to rewrite the storyline with hours left before the show?

And as far as talk show circuit, I could have swore they showed Cena, with the belt, doing all kinds of talks shows and we were told how much Cena has been running around on RAW last night.

Angry? No, but being in business it looked like the Rock just split and left the writers hanging. Did RAW end up really good without him? It was legendary.

I fully understand movies come first, but with everything that has been reported I feel the way he just split, was disrespectful to the next show that he was scheduled to appear. How about letting the writers know before a couple of hours before the show.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 04-09-2013 at 11:22 PM.

First off thank you for answering my questions, with your opinions. That's called dialogue. Second maybe I should clarify that "leaving" as I meant it was up and leaving the event at WM as it looked as if he was scheduled to be on RAW. Why do I say that? Because I read the writers had to rewite the script. Where did I read that? I believe it was on the news feed on this site. I assume that what I read on the news feed here is pretty accurate. If I'm wrong for thinking that, someone correct me.

So the question that perplexes me is if Vince knew he was leaving why did they have to rewrite the storyline with hours left before the show?

And as far as talk show circuit, I could have swore they showed Cena, with the belt, doing all kinds of talks shows and we were told how much Cena has been running around on RAW last night.

Angry? No, but being in business it looked like the Rock just split and left the writers hanging. Did RAW end up really good without him? It was legendary.

I fully understand movies come first, but with everything that has been reported I feel the way he just split, was disrespectful to the next show that he was scheduled to appear. How about letting the writers know before a couple of hours before the show.
    Well with all do respect, I understand what you are saying. Sure it may have looked like, and was talked about Rock being on Raw. However Vince rewriting the script hours before a show is nothing new. I've seen reports on this site about Vince changing scripts right before a show. That is why I said I think Vince was hoping that Rock would make it back in time. That being said, I'm guessing the injury was more then what was thought.

Ok maybe past WM Cena did the talk show circuit. But he has not done any that I know of after winning this Sunday. First time I've seen him with the belt was on Raw the next night.

I'm sure Vince and WWE staff new about the Rock leaving. Vince would have found out since Rock would have to have gone to a WWE pointed doctor. Again Vince changes scripts all the time hours before a show. Nothing new there.

I think letting the writers know has been answered already. If you feel the Rock just split and didn't show up on Raw as disrespectful then I'm cool with that. Your top star leaves without you knowing, jumps a plane, heads to the hospital, sees a WWE appointed doctor since we all know they do, no one between WM and hours before Raw has spoke to the Rock? Sounds a little much to me. But that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSocalGuy79 View Post
    Well with all do respect, I understand what you are saying. Sure it may have looked like, and was talked about Rock being on Raw. However Vince rewriting the script hours before a show is nothing new. I've seen reports on this site about Vince changing scripts right before a show. That is why I said I think Vince was hoping that Rock would make it back in time. That being said, I'm guessing the injury was more then what was thought.

Ok maybe past WM Cena did the talk show circuit. But he has not done any that I know of after winning this Sunday. First time I've seen him with the belt was on Raw the next night.

I'm sure Vince and WWE staff new about the Rock leaving. Vince would have found out since Rock would have to have gone to a WWE pointed doctor. Again Vince changes scripts all the time hours before a show. Nothing new there.

I think letting the writers know has been answered already. If you feel the Rock just split and didn't show up on Raw as disrespectful then I'm cool with that. Your top star leaves without you knowing, jumps a plane, heads to the hospital, sees a WWE appointed doctor since we all know they do, no one between WM and hours before Raw has spoke to the Rock? Sounds a little much to me. But that is me.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...n-the-rock-raw

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...orning-america

I guess it's totally false?
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 04-10-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wow Tommy nice.....Wah, wah? I'm so saddened....LOL But thanks for reading my long post and responding. The way I feel is, it's better to have a post that people actually respond to, then always posting something no one responds to. Or just being the person who has to respond to other peoples posts as being stupid.

I'm glad that's all you got out of it for my own future reference.
    I just don't get why people are so concerned by the situation. Rock wasn't there, he didn't tell anyone about it (or so they ay). So what.

I think IA here summed it up best:

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, I'm totally not getting the melodramatics for Rock not appearing on RAW. His post-match interactions with Cena pretty much put the perfect ribbon on their whole entire package. Dedicating more airtime just to tack an additional promo on to their feud would have been completely superfluous.

And Rock vs Brock doesn't interest me in the slightest, so no sweat off my sack in regards to them not planting seeds for that, either.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!