i have hope for tna in 2011, just by seeing the genesis card, but if by some divine intervention i was given power in tna here are the 10 things i would do
1. fire russo - the man has had so many stupid ideas he should of been banned from the world of wrestling 10 years ago, thanks to his ideas vince has killed on of the greats in wrestling, owen hart, killed an innovative company, wcw and is gradually killing a once resectable industry, profesional wrestling, and no vince it isnt sports entertainment because the crap u write is not sports and is not atall entertaining.
2. bring back bookers - since russo would be gone the illusion of a "creative" team would no longer exist in my tna, i would bring back dutch mantell as well as jim cornette (yes he does work for roh but in the next part i will tell how everything would work) with the re-hiring of those to as well as matt conway and myself(yes i would ad myself as a booker because that would be my power position in tna) there would be more focus on wrestling and less on orlando jordan trying to get into eric youngs pants.
3. make a deal with roh - i know people will be like "so u want to kill roh" the answer to that question is no, look into roh history Cary Silkin and crew have takin shit and made it gold, then either wwe or tna have taken their gold and left them with nothing, look at 2009 roh lost its 2 biggest stars in nigel mcguinness and bryan danielson, but somehow went onto having one of its greatest years in 2010, fact is roh is the maker of stars and having silkin with some help from cornette would make future stars for tna.
4. ROH invasion - i wouldnt make a deal with roh and release a statement saying "most of the roh roster will now be on the tna roster and roh is now our developmental teritory" hell no id have a ppv where in the last ten minutes of the main event the roh guys jump the rail and beat the hell out of everybody and end the ppv 5 minutes early to make it as real as possible an have like a year long feud until say bound for glory where winner takes all with both companies on the line (i have the full invasion planned out so if u wanna know just say and ill post it) now thats how you get a 2.0 in the ratings.
5. take away hogans power - very simple id tell hulk hes a roster member and is no longer an executive, if he doesnt like it then thats fine he can walk and free up some cash, if he wants to stay id look at his pay and if its to high for a guy that doesnt wrestle and doesnt even appear on every tv program id tell him and give him a pay cut, if he doesnt like that the same again he can walk, as for bischoff he wouldnt have power but i would keep him as a producer like it or not the reason tna got 3 hours every thursday and had a great show in reaction is bishoff and if i wanna focus impact on wrestling id get spike to let us have reaction back to focus on aftermath and promos with hervey and bischoff producing.
6. less ppv's - very simple, want more buyrates, have less of the and the ones you keep hype the hell out of them. have your top four being lockdown, slammiversary, victory road and bound for glory which means no ppvs in march, may, july and september i would move victory road to august and have a 40 man royal rumble type match with the winner #1 contender to tna title at bound for glory. then have in december have destination x be an all x division ppv, not only will it get buyrates it will make genesis somewhat one of your top 5 because destination x not following your main storylines, against all odds in feburary to be king of the ring style like it was in 2010 with the 8 card stud tornament with the winner main eventing lockdown against the tna champion and the others being normall ppv's.
7. revamp the x division - have destination x the rebirth of the x division, bring back daniels, low-ki, sonjay dutt and petey williams and book them in a #1 contenders ladder match, because of tna's working agreement with njpw and aaa have aaa cruiserweight champion face another cruiserweight from aaa, njpw jr tag champs defend against gen me aswell as njpw junior heavyweight champ defend against another junior heavyweight from new japan. have rvd face jerry lynn on the show to highlight the past of high flyers as well as the x division title defended in ultimate x and book the x division properly from there on and trust me it would be successful.
8. be more serious - insted of doing a comedy skit on every impact, id just get rid of the stupid thing with eric young and orlando jordan make them serious, and make all the wrestlers credible atletes and make it real, have some shoot looking insidents to make people go "dam it isnt as fake as i thought".
9. start over with the knockouts - very simple, rehire hamada, form a tag team with sarita, make them win the tag belts and have a three way unification match between hamada sarita and the knockouts champion, then rehire ODB,roxxi,allisa flash and posibbly awsome kong, then raid the indys for girls like sara del ray and other great talents and book them well, its very simple.
10. stop being like wwe - insted of trying to rivil them, id focus on tna and make it an allternative to wwe, with a 6 sided ring, women who can wrestle, a real tag team division, new stars who dont win the belt within 2 months on tv and build our own brand, be pro wrestling and not what russo and mcmahon want it to be, sports entertainment.
ofcourse they are only my ideas i honestly think their good but whether u agree or not id like to hear your opinions and what you would do if you had that power.