Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fresh Member

WWE's "Big Summer Angle" 2013

So every year WWE gives us something big during the summer, or they at least attempt. What do you all think will be this year's "Big Summer Angle"? I'm putting my money down on it involving CM Punk and John Cena (again). Don't get me wrong, I love watching these two work together in the ring, but there seems to be nothing left for them to feud over. Cena heel turn? No way. Punk face turn? Ehhh...I don't know.

What's your guess? I got money on Punk/Cena.

They should do a Cena(c) vs Lesnar rematch with this time, Brock winning the WWE champ and keep it until Wrestlemania 30 vs The Undertaker. Of course only if Lesnar does not team with Punk. A Cena vs Punk match at Summerslam ? No I don't want to see it. Not again.

I think The Shield will be extra hot during the summer, so I feel that whatever big angle WWE has, it's going to revolve around them.

Santino vs Khali for World Title, Khali turns heel and Santino reveals he is actually Swagger's Soaring Eagle....now that is a summer angle!
    http://i.imgur.com/5pZdU5D.gif

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I think The Shield will be extra hot during the summer, so I feel that whatever big angle WWE has, it's going to revolve around them.
    And that will start at Extreme Rules ! I expect a huge The Shield performance at Extreme Rules.

And of course they will continue to sell moves like Seth Rollins sold the RKO he took at Mania...... (just a joke...)

Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    And that will start at Extreme Rules ! I expect a huge The Shield performance at Extreme Rules.

And of course they will continue to sell moves like Seth Rollins sold the RKO he took at Mania...... (just a joke...)
    Seth Rollins is my favorite member of the group

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking of something along the lines of John Cena and The Rock teaming up to take on The Shield.

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    Punk wins MITB.Lesnar attacks Cena allowing Punk to cash in setting up Cena vs Lesnar at S.Slam and Punk can defend against someone else. OR Lesnar beats Cena for the title at S.Slam but then takes a finger poke of doom from Punk when Punk cashes in on him. Heymans plan to get the title back to Punk.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Seth Rollins is my favorite member of the group
    He's mine too, but we have to agree that since their debut, The Shield does not sell any moves and any finishers. Don't you agree ?

Blog Entries
    Rock is booked for the next PPV right? Something to do with that, perhaps Lesnar "putting him on the sidelines" to lead up to the Rock/Brock they were talking about for next 'Mania.

Perhaps a heel HHH challenging Cena.

Not that anyone cares about Ziggler inc. but I think AJ will start blaming Dolph for the WM loss and 'make' him cash in, he will lose, AJ and Big E will turn on Dolph and he will turn face. A feud will ensue after which, the big-black-man-who-could-be-anyone (Ahmed Johnson/Ezekial Jackson say hello) will fade into the mid card and obscurity.

The Shield will win the tag titles with the Freebird Rule. They need to do something quick to freshen this angle of The Shield up, they're starting to lose focus and just be some random angle - something that leads directly to mid-card status forever.

John Morrison will return. Batista will return. Christian will return to no plans at all and be wasted.

I'd say it's business as usual for WWE though. The "big" summer angle will probably be underwhelming because we came to expect too much. They peaked with the Punk angle....it will probably be a long time before we see something on that level again.