Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    What is the fascination with getting people's autographs?

    Like, if I met someone who I really liked and looked up to, the last thing I would do is try to waste that brief encounter by burdening them with the asinine request of having them write their name down on something.


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

  2. #2
    Black Ninja! The Brown One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Auckland, NewZealand
    Posts
    8,521
    Blog Entries
    4
    Well, you seem like the kind of person who wouldn't show off or brag about meeting your hero right? Then I suppose you wouldn't need to show them "proof" that you had met that said person. Proof is always wanted in this age, but you could care less about it right?
    As for me, I wouldn't give a shit about proof either. However, I'd like to get something from them for memories. Just memories.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Well, you seem like the kind of person who wouldn't show off or brag about meeting your hero right? Then I suppose you wouldn't need to show them "proof" that you had met that said person. Proof is always wanted in this age, but you could care less about it right?
    As for me, I wouldn't give a shit about proof either. However, I'd like to get something from them for memories. Just memories.
    I guess the idea of needing tangible items to hold on to a memory kind of escapes me, too. Like, I didn't steal a lock of hair or article of clothing from the girl that I lost my virginity to, but I sure as hell as still remember her and the experience. I guess the idea of attaching a meaning to an inanimate object just strikes me as weird. Short of a degenerative mental disorder or whatever, I think things worth remembering are easily remembered.


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

  4. #4
    Black Ninja! The Brown One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Auckland, NewZealand
    Posts
    8,521
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I guess the idea of needing tangible items to hold on to a memory kind of escapes me, too. Like, I didn't steal a lock of hair or article of clothing from the girl that I lost my virginity to, but I sure as hell as still remember her and the experience. I guess the idea of attaching a meaning to an inanimate object just strikes me as weird. Short of a degenerative mental disorder or whatever, I think things worth remembering are easily remembered.
    I try saving things that are special to me because of 2 things.

    1) Old age can rob you of memory, its true, when I spoke to my grandmother recently, she didn't know who I was, and repeated the same sentence every 2 minutes. I know I might be like that in future, and so want something to remember. Also, at an old age I figure theres not much fun to be had, and not much to do. So I'd be content in looking over the memories of my life.

    2) This may sound really stupid, but meh. I try to keep something in case an accident happens, and I lose my memory. Whether that be a fall, a beatdown by a gang of Maoris here(It happens frequently sadly), or anything else like that.

  5. #5
    But once your mind goes, don't those things just become, well, things? Meaning comes from the memory, so once the memory is gone the meaning should be to, right? That's what I don't understand. Like, if I were 90 and no longer had memories from a wrestling show or some other athletic event that I attended in my 20s, wouldn't an autograph just be a piece to a puzzle that I'm no longer able to put together?


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

  6. #6
    Black Ninja! The Brown One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Auckland, NewZealand
    Posts
    8,521
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    But once your mind goes, don't those things just become, well, things? Meaning comes from the memory, so once the memory is gone the meaning should be to, right? That's what I don't understand. Like, if I were 90 and no longer had memories from a wrestling show or some other athletic event that I attended in my 20s, wouldn't an autograph just be a piece to a puzzle that I'm no longer able to put together?
    I doubt I would forget John Cena. Hes been shoved down my throat so much, week after week, for the past 8 years I think?(Sorry I can't remember when he made his WWE debut). Well I'll remember Cena, and the autograph might bring back some memories. It might work.

  7. #7
    Black Ninja! HeelTurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    5,622
    Blog Entries
    2
    I have a few wrestlers autographs and have been to a few signings, its basically just to meet them, and the autographs is more of a collection than anything else.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.