Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Most overhyped ppv in a long time.

The only fight I thought was a 'WrestleMania Caliber' fight (in the way WWE themselves hype it up to be) was Taker vs. Punk. Personally, I think Taker can still outperform the Rock, despite everyone thinking he's 'old'. He moves well and seems to take way less breathers than Dwayne does.

The Shield win was decent, but how come none of the guys in the Shield perform finishers? Is their 3-person powerbomb their only consistent finishing move? The shield pulled off 0 finishers (unless you count Reigns' spear) while the other team somehow squeezed in like 7 or 8 (if you count the after-fight action). Maybe by Wrestlemania 30, the Shield will have another finisher?

The Fandango debut was awful. Crappy ending to what I thought could be a cool match. Was expecting more.

Mark Henry vs Ryback was too slow and the ending was also 'meh'. Wasn't expecting more, but it just took very long.

The Tag Title match was very 'meh'. Was expecting more from Big E in his debut.

Triple H and Brock wasn't bad, but Brock played too much of a 'wimp' at times in the fight. I wasn't buying it. Triple H is still tough and can wrestle, but it's hard to sell him beating up on Brock Lesnar so easily (well, at least without the help of a sledgehammer).

Rock vs. Cena - I could've turned WM off before this match and not have missed much. Overhyped and underwhelming.

For an expensive marquee pay-per-view, they wasted WAY too much time on replaying promos only to cut out a whole match and end the entire PPV early. The production value seemed to be there, but the planning and execution was not. WWE seriously needs to hire some experienced backstage managers/coordinators. Maybe they can get one from Cirque du Soleil. The shit they can get their performers to do on time in a 2 hour period is incredible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Some of that but something completely out of the blue to end the matches or have them carried out and not in the way I predicted it would pan out. The only match that did that was Ryback/Henry. Would those surprises have added anything to match quality? Not by much but at least it wouldn't end like some fairy tale where they all live happily ever after.

As this guy here says:

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Soap operas are always predictable. I don't see what the issue is. Sure you wasted your money. But you knew what you were going to get.
    WWe is a soap opera, it's going to be predictable, the good guys always win.
    B-Mac has finally hit the nail right on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    A Dolph cash in would have mate it better for me! I really thought it was going to happen.
    That's another of the surprises that could have happened. Again though, a MITB cash in is always hard to predict.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Oh crap, I forgot to mention Swagger vs. Del Rio. I guess that speaks for itself because I forgot the fight already?

Black Ninja!
    They should hire vince Russo

Blog Entries
    It's not about who wins in my book. It's how everything ended. You can throw your cute little rolleyes smileys all you like but if you don't like how I voice my opinion over a PPV that I paid for, there's the door. I don't have time for condescending reprimanding.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post

As this guy here says:

WWe is a soap opera, it's going to be predictable, the good guys always win.
    B-Mac has finally hit the nail right on the head.

That's another of the surprises that could have happened. Again though, a MITB cash in is always hard to predict.
    Holy shit. Tommy just agreed with me.

Nothing will ever match this moment.

I liked the Shield match , they needed that win.
    Was expecting Ziggler cashing in or Swagger winning, but that didnt happen .
    Brock vs Triple H was kinda average... but i enjoyed Lesnar beating the hell out of Hunter till the end, where ofc HHH needed to win.
    The only good match was Punk vs Taker.
    As for their precious Redemption main event BS, i didnt even bother watching it, i went to bed.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    It's not about who wins in my book. It's how everything ended. You can throw your cute little rolleyes smileys all you like but if you don't like how I voice my opinion over a PPV that I paid for, there's the door. I don't have time for condescending reprimanding.
    Complain away. I'm just saying what I think

Well all i got to say is yeah it was predictable but the wrestling matches themselves was good enough for me i didn't care about no surprises i just wanted good wrestling matches with heart and to me it was

Blog Entries
    Didn't get home in time to order it (glad I didn't). Got the stream on right in time for the Diddy concert... crap... Del Rio vs. Swagger was the first match I saw. Out of the 4 matches, none were terrible. Obviously Rock/Cena 2 was not good in quality, but it's what you expect from two muscular guys with bad cardio. The only problem I had was, the lack of surprises. I knew these 4 guys would all win, and I'm fine with that, but I expected more post-match.

Del Rio/Swagger - The fact that Ziggler did not cash in, pretty much seems to me like he's not going to succeed in his cash-in, if it even does happen now.

Rock/Cena - I predicted The Shield to come out and beat them both down after the match, but instead all we got was a "Bro Hug".