Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder View Post
    Vince McMahon never holds back for Wrestlemania. That's not his mentality. His motto is to always leave a good impression every time you go big.
    I think by this time, we should start remembering that we aren't his core demo anymore, and haven't been for a while. Hence all the frustrations and rants every week. In sure every 13 year old kid and teenage girls loved it.
    Perfectly put. There was this kid sitting at the table next to us at BWW going completely apeshit the whole night for Kane, Ryback, Cena, and all the faces.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    You know what? Fuck it. I'm not taking the "high road". I'm pissed. This was one of the worst Wrestlemanias I've ever watched and I'm not gonna shy away from saying it so I don't look like a "whiner". I paid sixty dollars of my hard earned cash to see something good and I got ripped off so anyone who's gonna bore me to tears with a conformity speech can kiss my black ass because it'll fall on deaf ears.

Besides the UT/Punk match and HHH/Brock match, the rest of the matches felt absolutely fucking lifeless. Nothing of substance came from anything outside of those two matches. I was happy with some of the outcomes but the journey to the finish felt like an eternity because I was hoping that we could just move on already. Most of it felt like a big fairy tale where most of the heroes win and the bookers just played it safe with the outcomes with no real surprises coming out of any of them. Blech. Boring. Absolutely boring. As a whole PPV, 5.5/10. Waste of time and waste of money.
    It pains me to say this, I can't actually remember the last time I didn't like a WWE show, even if people hate it.. I normally find some positives but I was actually really excited for this Mania and yet... I agree with you Jelly 100%.

I didn't get the whole structure of the show, apart from the arena.. it didn't feel like a Wrestlemania to me. the advertising after each match was annoying and it could have been broken up with a usual backstage comedy skit at least. Now this is not a "I'm never watching it again rant" because I will.. and I always will. This is just a for the first time in a long time.. I didn't enjoy the show.

Positives for me personally:
    Shield winning.
    Ryback picking up Henry.
    Punk and Taker's entrance & match.
    Triple H & Brock match (Match of the night for me.)
    The respect finish to Rock & Cena's match.

The only match that surprised me, was the Ryback/Henry match.. I seen that going the other way but the finish was kind of lame.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Styles View Post
    (1)There's a 2 things wrong with your reply, first being if your 89 (2)you probably wouldn't have been woke long enough to see the whole thing, good or bad or otherwise, and (3)you probably shouldn't be using words like "dude". Secondly is the fact that you didn't order it so (4)your going solely based off someone else's opinion of what happened, that's asanine, if you didn't spen the money, shut the mouth.

Movin on...

I underlined what's wrong with yours; it's what we old people do.

(1) This should read either "There are 2 things wrong" or "Two things are wrong"...

(2) You mean to say "you probably wouldn't have been awake long enough"

(3) This is an ageist remark... How dare you hate on me and my specific group to the point of limiting what is "acceptable" speech for us! That's exactly what the "white man" did when he castrated slaves and commanded us to call them "master"!

(4) I never commented on the show dickey-doo... I commented on your post, to which all of my points were confirmed. You come across as narcissistic (No, not Lex Luger... Any "30 year fan" should know that one) with a touch of "enjoys smelling his own farts" complex. Perhaps you should actually listen to others point of view, or even accept that others might have a differing opinion than yours; but that would be impossible as to admit that others have just grounds to which their opinions were founded on would mean that your opinions run the risk of being inaccurate somehow...

Last edited by Darkside Ron Garvin; 04-08-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    You know what? Fuck it. I'm not taking the "high road". I'm pissed. This was one of the worst Wrestlemanias I've ever watched and I'm not gonna shy away from saying it so I don't look like a "whiner". I paid sixty dollars of my hard earned cash to see something good and I got ripped off so anyone who's gonna bore me to tears with a conformity speech can kiss my black ass because it'll fall on deaf ears.

Besides the UT/Punk match and HHH/Brock match, the rest of the matches felt absolutely fucking lifeless. Nothing of substance came from anything outside of those two matches. I was happy with some of the outcomes but the journey to the finish felt like an eternity because I was hoping that we could just move on already. Most of it felt like a big fairy tale where most of the heroes win and the bookers just played it safe with the outcomes with no real surprises coming out of any of them. Blech. Boring. Absolutely boring. As a whole PPV, 5.5/10. Waste of time and waste of money.
    whiner

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I underlined what's wrong with yours; it's what we old people do.

(1) This should read either "There are 2 things wrong" or "Two things are wrong"...

(2) You mean to say "you probably wouldn't have been awake long enough"

(3) This is an ageist remark... How dare you hate on me and my specific group to the point of limiting what is "acceptable" speech for us! That's exactly what the "white man" did when he castrated slaves and commanded us to call them "master"!

(4) I never commented on the show dickey-doo... I commented on your post, to which all of my points were confirmed. You come across as narcissistic (No, not Lex Luger... Any "30 year fan" should know that one) with a touch of "enjoys smelling his own farts" complex. Perhaps you should actually listen to others point of view, or even accept that others might have a differing opinion than yours; but that would be impossible as to admit that others have just grounds to which their opinions were founded on would mean that your opinions run the risk of being inaccurate somehow...

I coupled every thing together for a reason, im not any of the above, im a fan plain and simple, maybe instead of posting here you should start up your own wrestling industry with the social security checks your getting, you put entirely too much effort into sports entertainment... Considering you did even buy the damn ppv.. Go somewhere and be useless, here's not the place
    Last edited by Furious Styles; 04-08-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Also.. I heard people say there not sure where the Shield go from here.. Obviously I have no real clue either but I have a feeling that it will be The Rock and Cena vs the Shield at Extreme Rules and that will be there first loss.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

I coupled every thing together for a reason, im not any of the above, im a fan plain and simple, maybe instead of posting here you should start up your own wrestling industry with the social security checks your getting, you put entirely too much effort into sports entertainment... Considering you did even buy the damn ppv.. Go somewhere and be useless, here's not the place

And comments like

unlike most forum readers and posers on here I'm a loyal fan, im 30yrs old and been watching wrestling since I was old enough to remember I get excited every time wrestling comes on BECAUSE I LIKE IT!

Being the example of you trying to validate your opinion as being "the correct one to have" give the reasoning as to why you indeed are what you have been accused of being; a snooty booty. Perhaps I should start my own wrestling industry... With Black Jack and Hookers! (Though I seriously doubt the density you display will allow this reference to permeate past the eyelids.

And why would I go elsewhere; because you don’t like me calling you out? That seems as rational as your crusade to rid the world of people who have differing opinions than your own. Both will end with you being disappointed in the outcome.
    Last edited by Darkside Ron Garvin; 04-08-2013 at 08:19 AM.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    The Shield vs Sheamus, Orton and Big Show
    This match was good as far as 6 man tag matches go. The Shield showed that they can bring it on the biggest stage available to them. Their entrance coming through the crowd was definitely a Wrestlemania moment for those 3 that will stay with them forever. A pretty awesome sight when they were standing above all the fans. Having them win was the right choice for me, since it keeps them going strong. We've seen in the past at TLC what they can do in an extreme rules environment, so I'm eagerly anticipating what they'll be doing at the Extreme Rules ppv.
    As far as the aftermath goes, I was disappointed. I expected an Orton heel turn, and it should have been Big Show that got the pin while Orton would then RKO him. However, I'm not exactly sad that Big Show's fully heel again, since the man sucks balls as a face. At least he's somewhat tolerable and legit as a heel. But Show turning heel again wasn't exactly a big shock.

Mark Henry vs Ryback
    This match was never going to be a classic, and we didn't get that. But as far as 2 big guys trying to one up the other goes, this was nothing more than I expected.
    However, I'm genuinely surprised that Henry went over Ryback. I expected to see Ryback winning this clean. But I was pleasantly surprised that Henry got the pin. I'm also glad though that they gave Ryback his Wrestlemania moment when he spinebustered and then Shellshocked Henry post match. I'm guessing that things were done this way to keep both guys looking strong, which isn't a bad thing.

Team Hell No vs Dolph Ziggler and Big R. Langston
    A rather short and underwhelming match. Nothing really of note happened here, and it was always going to be Hell No retaining. Big did ok for the amount of time he was in the match, Ziggler did some nice things as always, but yeah, it was nothing more than you see in your good televised tag team match. But again, should we have expected anything more here?

Chris Jericho vs Fandango
    This was a good match, but it was all thanks to Jericho. Fandango barely got any offense in whatsoever and Jericho controlled the match for the large majority of it. But like I said, that's why this match was a good watch. The only memorable things I recall Fandango doing was a counter kick on the apron and his diving top rope leg drop, both of which he executed nicely. Other than that, it was just a bunch of those silly dance poses and those weird things he does with his arms.
    It's a shame that the match ended with a very sloppy small package. Not sure who was to blame for that (perhaps a combination of both). But otherwise, we got a good match thanks to Jericho. It'll be interesting to see if the feud continues given that it ended with a sneaky roll up pin.

Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger
    I was initially stunned that Swagger got a jobber entrance. I mean who the hell gets a jobber entrance for a World Title match at Wrestlemania?! But I'm assuming that it was done because of time constraints. I'll hazard a guess that the Zeb Colter promo was thrown in at the last minute, and they had to cut something to allow time for that, so they decided to cut Swaggers entrance. Pus they were pushed for time as we saw with one match being cut altogether.
    As for the match itself, I expected a bit more from both. It was a good match, but I just felt that it was lacking something. I think the fact that ADR is constantly looking for that Cross Armbreaker is a flaw of his. He needs to pick up and impact finisher that he can go too also, like Swagger still uses the gutwrench powerbomb as a finisher along with his main finisher; the ankle lock. But it was a decent enough showing I guess, if underwhelming at times.
    I was actually a little surprised to see ADR retaining. I know Swagger's had problems with the arrest, but that doesn't seem to have halted his push, so I did kind of expect him to go over. the shot of colter after the match just looking up to the skies shouting "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" was awesome lol! I expect that we haven't seen the end of this feud, and I think we'll see them go at it again at Extreme Rules.

CM Punk vs Undertaker
    At this point, I'll give a shout out to Living Color for a great job in actually entertaining, unlike that other guy that rapped earlier in the night. I actually thought Punk might have been trolling us when he said that they'd be there, since they're not a modern band that's mainstream, but low and behold there they were, and they played a blinder.
    Taker's entrance was very cool too with him raising up from the ground and the 'arms of the undead' reaching up to him. Really cool effect.
    The match itself was very good IMO. It wasnt' HIAC, it wasn't No Hold Barred, so we shouldn't have expected it to be better than those HHH vs Taker and HBK vs Taker matches. But it was definitely a very good match with plenty of cool spots. Punk hitting Old School for example was cool, that elbow drop onto the announce table was awesome, although the fact that the table didn't give made it look like a bad bump. The noise when Punk hit the table sort of knee/pelvis/hip first was not nice, and he looked to be struggling after that one. Good job he's taking time off after Mania. Taker doing his trademark sit-up when he was locked in the Anaconda Vice was a cool moment.
    The near finishes were awesome, and the counter-sequence that led to the actual finish was great.
    Taker is 21-0, as expected. I'm very glad that Taker was able to actually walk away from this year's Mania without any aid. 2 years ago he was carted out on a stretcher buggy, and last year he was helped by HHH and HBK, but this year he looked much better after the match. Probably because that match wasn't as physically demanding as the matches he's had the past 4 years, but still, it was good to see. I wonder if we'll see Taker working more during the next 12 months as he gears up for what's likely to be his last ever match at Wrestlemania 30. It would be cool to see him work a few programs with people during the next year given that it's going to be his last year. I won't hold my breath for it though.

HHH vs Brock Lesnar
    I'm confident in saying that I'm in the minority that actually enjoyed this match. I rather enjoyed seeing Lesnar tossing HHH around like a rag doll, popping him off with suplexes at his own leisure. Seriously though I was astonished with the ease that Lesnar was throwing HHH about. I mean HHH isn't a small guy, he's 6"4, 260lbs, yet Lesnar was popping him off with various suplexes at will without breaking a sweat. Also, the way he tossed the lower, heavier part of the steel steps OVER the top rope was impressive.
    I digress, I genuinely thought that they were going to have Lesnar tapping out to the Kimura when HHH was clamping it on over the steel steps there, which would have been a pretty bold thing to do. I always had HHH down as the winner of this match, and wasn't surprised when he got it done. I did however have a suspicion that HBK might have done something to him post match, but that didn't happen. No biggie there though.
    All in all, a match that had me entertained at least, although I think I'm in the minority there.

The Rock vs John Cena
    First of all, this match was not as good as their match last year for me. I (again in the minority) did enjoy their match last year and though that they put on a great showing. They didn't quite reach that level this time round. That said, this match was still decent. Plenty of near falls, plenty of teases as to who was going to win it. I was definitely kept guessing as to who was winning.
    In the end though, the inevitable happened and Cena won, regaining the WWE Championship for the first time in well over a year (yeah, it's been that long, seems like yesterday doesn't it). I was waiting and waiting for Cena to sucker punch Rock during the post match stuff, but it never happened. It was never on the cards though wasn't it, I mean, not really.

All in all, a mixed bag. I enjoyed Wrestlemania, as I always enjoy it. It wasn't amazing, it wasn't the best ever, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Some people are saying that the wwe matches are predictable but the thing is that's not ways bad. We watch movies based on true stories, stories that everyone knows the end to. Yet the movie can still be very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    All in all, a mixed bag. I enjoyed Wrestlemania, as I always enjoy it. It wasn't amazing, it wasn't the best ever, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Furious Styles says quit bitching, shut up, and tune into RAW tonight Tommy... How dare you have an opinion that makes WM appear as less than the best!

DRG hates everyone