Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tis the season...

Regardless of your opinions on how the build was for this year’s WrestleMania, the fact remains that this is the most anticipated time of year for wrestling fans. Those who follow the mainstream outlet of the WWE get to bask in the HOF ceremonies that include MANY deserving superstars. Those who are lucky enough get to participate in WWE Axxess (sp?). For those who were able to secure their tickets in 20 mins, they get to attend the event live.

It's not just this mainstream outlet that this season brings out the best in. TNA held a pretty successful house show in the North East this past weekend. ROH had a new champion crowned. WWL announced a revamp to their debut show (those in attendance will get to see quite a few TNA names on the card, but will not be featured on the iPPV, of course). New Japan hosted the Invasion Attack iPPV. Shimmer, DragonGate USA, Pro Wrestling Syndicate... If you are in an area where Indy wrestling still survives, this is the time of year where they put out some of their best possible matches, all because of the "season" we are in.

So I am not here to tell you what to enjoy. I am not going to tell you that you should be pissed off and/or excited about tonight’s PPV. You are (should be) a big enough person to determine what you do and don't like without me explaining to you the pros and cons of how you enjoy the wrestling product. But I am here to say that when I put my personal views aside, this time of year is perhaps the easiest to be a wrestling fan. I just wanted to take a few moments to give recognition to that fact and wish every one of my fellow members on the eWN forums...

Happy WrestleMania to all!

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I'm actually excited for WM even if the buildup was rubbish, and the card is pretty weak. There's something magical about watching it, it's probably all the effort that goes into making it seem like a big event,the packed out arena, the huge entrances etc. I'm also hoping for a couple of surprises. Everyone's saying it's going to be predictable, but these are the same people who last year said, there's no way in hell the Rock's going to beat Cena, so we'll have to see. (Also the few weeks after WM are normally epic.)

Well put sir. Today in comparison is like SuperBowl Sunday for us wrestling fans. And it's sorta like Christmas day for us with many exciting matches to take place all on one card. And just like the SuperBowl many times, they feature teams/matchups we really wouldn't care to see or thought better matchups could've taken place. But many, many times they end up exceeding our expectations and that's what I'm hoping happens later tonight, this WrestleMania card exceeds our expectations. No matter what happens tonight, I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of things we like and a lot of things we don't like or felt could've been done better. But the bottom line is we have no control on what goes on inside that ring so let's just sit back on this Sunday and enjoy the show!

I hear ya. Wrestlemania is Wrestlemania

Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    Well put sir. Today in comparison is like SuperBowl Sunday for us wrestling fans.
    you know trips said that it's BIGGER than the SuperBowl!?

[thinks about midcard]

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletBoi View Post

It obviously is not to the rest of the world but the 'E' created their own WWE Universe, so to him it probably is the biggest thing.

i guess that's true, but it looks like there's gonna be a higher attendance for WM than the SuperBowl this year

[thinks about midcard]

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletBoi View Post

Over 100 million people watched the Super Bowl last year and it was something like 45% of TVs in the USA had it on. Wishful think from the COO.

OT: WrestleMania is our Christmas. Even a person like myself, who hasn't watch more than 10 minutes of a WWE program in 2 years, gets into the spirit.

May the show be merry and everyone's complaints be justified.

Blog Entries
    A drunk guy at a bar once told me WrestleMania will become bigger than the Superbowl in 5 years. That was 5 years ago, and although WrestleMania is still big, I stand by my prediction in saying that the SuperBowl is still and always will be bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    Over 100 million people watched the Super Bowl last year and it was something like 45% of TVs in the USA had it on. Wishful think from the COO.

OT: WrestleMania is our Christmas. Even a person like myself, who hasn't watch more than 10 minutes of a WWE program in 2 years, gets into the spirit.

May the show be merry and everyone's complaints be justified.
    I'm curious to see what the buyrate would be if the SuperBowl was ever put on PPV. LOL. Just something to ponder about I guess. Not like it would ever happen, but I would be curious to see how many people would purchase it on PPV.

Wrestlemania season = Free indy publicity.

Lmao.

xD
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter