7 22.58%

5 16.13%

1 3.23%

2 6.45%

1 3.23%

0 0%

Hybrid View

Rate the WM29 Build-Up

Go ahead and rate the buildup fo WM29. For me, I am going to give it a 4. Not saying I hate the actual match-card, just the build-up. Most of the matches (the mid-card) were not even revealed until only within a few week before WM and they just started builing their feuds at that time with no sign they were going to fight before. Like I would of never guessed the Miz would face Wade Barret for the IC Title until only a couple of weeks ago.

Two people I do applaud in thier feud is Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger. Through their promos and having an actual reason/storyline why their fighting, these guys are proving something. So, thoughts?

Note: This has been the first time building up a Wrestlemania where Raw was 3 hours. Did not do much of a difference in my opinion.
    Last edited by Cross; 04-06-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    "He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."-Matthew 28:6

Okay, keep in mind that WWE has had more time this year than any time in their history to build matches. 3 hour Raw, Smackdown, Main Event are all storyline driven shows....not counting things like Saturday Morning Slam and Superstars. Rock vs. Cena for the main event WWE championship might be the most pathetic build I have ever seen for that high profile of a match. Last year at least they had some heat with each other that came out on camera even if it wasn't the greatest build up. What is this year?? They talk about how much respect they have for each other. Ugh.

Taker vs. Punk they are definitely trying but has nowhere near the connection that HBK vs. Taker or HHH vs. Taker had. Something about the build needs me to really believe Punk could do it and that has not come out. I shudder to think what they would have done had Paul Bearer not died.

Lesnar vs. Triple H....just no. Where would that feud even be without Paul Heyman. It's Summerslam all over again and as other people have pointed out what's the big difference between a retired Triple H and the Triple H who works two matches a year....who will still be around all the time as COO.

Swagger vs. Del Rio has done a good job it's a shame it hasn't caught fire. I have to feel this is still creative's fault as Swagger came back too quickly to be put in this spot. Say if he was around for 6 months fairly dominant and then this came out I think it would be over big time.

they had too much time but they wasted it, especially with the divas.

A very deserving 2.

The show might still be good, but this has been the worst WrestleMania build-up I've ever seen. The 2013 Royal Rumble was supposed to start the Road to WrestleMania 29, which means they were given over 2 months to shape up the PPV of the year. And what they do? They dope around for weeks and slap on random matches at the last minute like WrestleMania is some sort of filler PPV.

Oh, and the biggest load of BS ever? Something I'll never forgive?

Half the champions aren't even on the main card.

HALF THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS IN THE COMPANY AREN'T EVEN ON THE MAIN CARD.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 04-07-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    A very deserving 2.

The show might still be good, but this has been the worst WrestleMania build-up I've ever seen. The 2013 Royal Rumble was supposed to start the Road to WrestleMania 29, which means they were given over 2 months to shape up the PPV of the year. And what they do? They dope around for weeks and slap on random matches at the last minute like WrestleMania is some sort of filler PPV.

Oh, and the biggest load of BS ever? Something I'll never forgive?

Half the champions aren't even on the main card.

HALF THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS IN THE COMPANY AREN'T EVEN ON THE MAIN CARD.
    There are 7 champions on the main WWE roster. 4 are defending on the main card and 1 more on the pre show card. 2 are currently not being featured. Half you say? #mathsfail

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    There are 7 champions on the main WWE roster. 4 are defending on the main card and 1 more on the pre show card. 2 are currently not being featured. Half you say? #mathsfail
    7 champions? If you count the tag team champions as 2 then you are right but he is having a point. The Divas championship match isnt announced and i think we are not going to see a match for that title either. And its a joke that we have a 8 mixed tag team match instead of the US title match. But the biggest piece of shit is that we have the Intercontinental title match on the pre show. why?

First year that i am not into it at all i was more excited for the ROH Supercard of Honor show and it didn't disappoint.

Based on all the pissy whining about the outcomes, I would say the build up was excellent, it was just that all the hopes as to what should happen as the outcome didn't and now everything "sucked".

If I could be serious for a moment...