Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Do I think Cesaro should've been on the card for Wrestlemania 29? Yes. He's got a belt and he can work. With some of the matches on the card, there's no doubt he should've been on there. Nobody wants to see Fandangoo. People want to see Jericho, but fuck Fandangoo. All he showed last night was that he's a decent worker at best and that he can't dance. Hasn't worked his ass off the whole year(that I know of anyway, maybe he did in developmental... but why the fuck should that count for Wrestlemania anyway?), and doesn't even make up for it in terms of a persona and raw, natural ability.

The tag match with The Shield served little purpose so I don't think it should've been on there. If they had turned Orton heel, the match would've had purpose... but the way the ending went down, it could've been a match on RAW. I think The Shield should've been involved in some capacity but this match really didn't do it for me.

Given those two matches, and possibly the weak tag team match with Hell No vs Ziggler and Langston(though any way you slice it, Daniel Bryan should be on there, and the reaction he got last night makes that irrefutable), Cesaro should've been on there. If the card were more stacked than it was, I don't know if I would still have that sentiment. Cesaro can work but the crowd isn't into him, and I personally am not into him. He isn't quite the charisma vacuum that Wade Barrett is right now, but he's not much better. They really need to work on Cesaro's character or have him learn to cut a better promo because he gets almost no reaction when he comes out. He's got the same problem as John Morrison... he's fine in the ring but it's his character/mic-skills that's really hurting his career. He hasn't given me a reason to give a fuck about him since he got here.

As a guy that never watched / watches ROH, I could never get the fascination with Cesaro. He's strong and looks to be a good in ring competitor, but his promos have been very blah. He's also a pretty plain vanilla character. So, I completely understand why Vince isnt too high on him. Perhaps if Cesaro showed a little something more, he'd be more interesting. Right now he's very bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    Do I think Cesaro should've been on the card for Wrestlemania 29? Yes. He's got a belt and he can work. With some of the matches on the card, there's no doubt he should've been on there. Nobody wants to see Fandangoo. People want to see Jericho, but fuck Fandangoo. All he showed last night was that he's a decent worker at best and that he can't dance. Hasn't worked his ass off the whole year(that I know of anyway, maybe he did in developmental... but why the fuck should that count for Wrestlemania anyway?), and doesn't even make up for it in terms of a persona and raw, natural ability.

The tag match with The Shield served little purpose so I don't think it should've been on there. If they had turned Orton heel, the match would've had purpose... but the way the ending went down, it could've been a match on RAW. I think The Shield should've been involved in some capacity but this match really didn't do it for me.

Given those two matches, and possibly the weak tag team match with Hell No vs Ziggler and Langston(though any way you slice it, Daniel Bryan should be on there, and the reaction he got last night makes that irrefutable), Cesaro should've been on there. If the card were more stacked than it was, I don't know if I would still have that sentiment. Cesaro can work but the crowd isn't into him, and I personally am not into him. He isn't quite the charisma vacuum that Wade Barrett is right now, but he's not much better. They really need to work on Cesaro's character or have him learn to cut a better promo because he gets almost no reaction when he comes out. He's got the same problem as John Morrison... he's fine in the ring but it's his character/mic-skills that's really hurting his career. He hasn't given me a reason to give a fuck about him since he got here.
    Spot on as can be. I've been saying that. On the go home for RR, he got literally no reaction at the end of the show with the whole quick promo after quick promo thing. I mean the guy walks with the American flag and says how much he hates America at the same time but no one cares or somethin...

Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    As a guy that never watched / watches ROH, I could never get the fascination with Cesaro. He's strong and looks to be a good in ring competitor, but his promos have been very blah. He's also a pretty plain vanilla character. So, I completely understand why Vince isnt too high on him. Perhaps if Cesaro showed a little something more, he'd be more interesting. Right now he's very bland.
    I don't understand the fascination with Cesaro either. But nevertheless, he HAS been US Champion for 8 months, and he definately should've had a match defending the title at Mania. At the very least on the pre-show.

Blog Entries
    Cesaro has the tools indeed to grow and make it but alas I have to agree he cannot sit back and wait for greatness to come to him he must grab it by the throat and make it happen...good characters become stagnant and stale and forgotten when they allow themselves to believe their hype and seek to coast...you cannot wait on creative to get creative you gotta get out there and create yourself...

If I am not back in five minutes...just wait longer!--Ace Ventura

Getyour facts first, then you can distort them as you please. --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by scribblerking View Post
    Cesaro has the tools indeed to grow and make it but alas I have to agree he cannot sit back and wait for greatness to come to him he must grab it by the throat and make it happen...good characters become stagnant and stale and forgotten when they allow themselves to believe their hype and seek to coast...you cannot wait on creative to get creative you gotta get out there and create yourself...
    Amen! That's why Carlito, Benjamin, etc fell flat on their faces in the WWE. The E wants their superstars to be proactive about their character backstage. When you just sit back and wait for someone to hand you something, you continue to sit and sit and sit...

Blog Entries
    My question to the OP is why he thinks he knows that these are Vince's genuine thoughts on Cesaro.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    My question to the OP is why he thinks he knows that these are Vince's genuine thoughts on Cesaro.
    He doesn't know, nor does he claim to know. He said "According to this report".
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

My guess is that Cesaro is proactive about himself backstage... but he's just not coming up with good ideas. That awful "I can say this" in 5 different languages was one of the dumber things I've seen in a long time.