Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Vince McMahon's views on Antonio Cesaro

According to this report: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...ania-cena-rock, Vince McMahon is not high on United States Champion Antonio Cesaro which may explain why Cesaro has been jobbing on TV as of late. Your thoughts?

And the evidence of Vince being completely out-of-touch continues to pile up.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

i dont understand why vince isnt high on him. United States Champion Antonio Cesaro has so much potential. A question i have is if vince isnt high on United States Champion Antonio Cesaro; why is he a champion in vince's organization? i like the guy. a future worlds champ imo

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    And the evidence of Vince being completely out-of-touch continues to pile up.
    YES this!!

Quote Originally Posted by RKOHBKY2J View Post
    i dont understand why vince isnt high on him. United States Champion Antonio Cesaro has so much potential. A question i have is if vince isnt high on United States Champion Antonio Cesaro; why is he a champion in vince's organization? i like the guy. a future worlds champ imo
    Unfortunately, the United States Championship doesn't mean much of anything; they'll throw that thing on just about anyone as a lazy way of trying to get them over. But them continually abusing the belt the way that they have has devalued it to the point that it no longer accomplishes what it's supposed to. And then when fans don't line up to give all sorts of fucks, Vince lays the blame at the feet of the performer, which is likely what's happening in Cesaro's case.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Unfortunately, the United States Championship doesn't mean much of anything; they'll throw that thing on just about anyone as a lazy way of trying to get them over. But them continually abusing the belt the way that they have has devalued it to the point that it no longer accomplishes what it's supposed to. And then when fans don't line up to give all sorts of fucks, Vince lays the blame at the feet of the performer, which is likely what's happening in Cesaro's case.
    This is the single biggest problem facing WWE today. Don't blame the gimmick, the angle, the feud, the music or the push - blame the performer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Rachel View Post
    According to this report: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...ania-cena-rock, Vince McMahon is not high on United States Champion Antonio Cesaro which may explain why Cesaro has been jobbing on TV as of late. Your thoughts?
    If hes not high on then why is he the US Champ put the belt on someone who is actually gonna be used right.

Yep in the end it's the fans. Lets face it. Majority of the fans are shallow and can be lame. What old school fans like is completely different than what the newer fans like. Unfortunately due to this PG era, it's more about character and less about in ring performance. Granted CM Punk has been trying to change that( that's the change he was talking about). VKM is and always shall be all about character and gimmicks. IE his hard on for Fandango and Ryback and no love for Wade Barrett or Ceasaro. Guy needs to sit back and get with the times. Let Steph n HHH take the reigns. Kinda reminds me of the majority of old Farts in Congress for some reason.

Speaking of his yodeling gimmick, he should totally get a new theme. I recommend this.

Prediction Results
    2011 Overall PPV Contest: 3rd

Blog Entries
    Makes no sense whatsoever to me. Cesaro has been very impressive since coming to the main roster.
    As already said, just more evidence that Vince doesn't know his audience at all.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!