Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    Who's to say that? Do you remember Dolph Ziggler's first gimmick? He walked around shaking hands and just saying his name. A gimmick is what you do with it and so far Curtis has been working his Fandango gimmick. Let's see where it evolves to.
    Allow me to clarify my stance on Fandango:

I like him. I 'm a fan of Johnny Curtis and I think he's doing a great job with the gimmick that he's been given.
    That gimmick however is not going to win him world titles. It's going to win him a mid card title at best.
    I also don't think he's done anything to deserve a match at Wrestlemania against one of the best ever in the business.

In short, I'm a fan, but I'm not letting that blind me from the fact that he doesn't deserve this match he's getting, while there's other people that have worked their asses off all year that do deserve a Wrestlemania match not even on the card.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Allow me to clarify my stance on Fandango:

I like him. I 'm a fan of Johnny Curtis and I think he's doing a great job with the gimmick that he's been given.
    That gimmick however is not going to win him world titles. It's going to win him a mid card title at best.
    I also don't think he's done anything to deserve a match at Wrestlemania against one of the best ever in the business.

In short, I'm a fan, but I'm not letting that blind me from the fact that he doesn't deserve this match he's getting, while there's other people that have worked their asses off all year that do deserve a Wrestlemania match not even on the card.
    Much different. I don't see him sticking with the gimmick either. I see him doing what Ziggler is doing now and what Kenny Dykstra did before, using the gimmick just to get to the main roster and then letting their talent show out from there evolving there gimmick.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

I love Fandango. I remember before he appeared on TV people were already ripping on him. But I kept saying at least wait until he debuts, he may be a good heel. And boy was I right, this guy has drawn much heat and hasn't even had a match yet. And we don't have to worry about his wrestling skills since people already know he's a good worker. This guy will be one of the top heels of 2013, and I can see him holding gold by the time summer comes around. Can't wait for his WM match.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I love Fandango. I remember before he appeared on TV people were already ripping on him. But I kept saying at least wait until he debuts, he may be a good heel. And boy was I right, this guy has drawn much heat and hasn't even had a match yet. And we don't have to worry about his wrestling skills since people already know he's a good worker. This guy will be one of the top heels of 2013, and I can see him holding gold by the time summer comes around. Can't wait for his WM match.
    Not so sure about that. The gimmick to me is too cheesy to become one of WWE's top heels. I can't see him overtaking any of the top heels right now in the WWE.

Seeing that WWE is putting him in a match with Jericho at WrestleMania in his 1st match with that gimmick it tells me they have plans for him but plans in the WWE are always changing. Look at Tensai, he was brought in as a monster top tier heel and defeated Cena. Now he's dancing with Brodus.

I like Fandango too. In fact I was getting a bit fed up with the IWC calling him boring before he's even had a match. Johnny Curtis was the best thing going on NXT5 (him and Maxine) so I know he'll be entertaining when he's up and running. I've even been so bold as to say he'll beat Jericho tomorrow. Watch this space because I expect Fandango will be pushed to the sky after 'Mania.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    I like Fandango too. In fact I was getting a bit fed up with the IWC calling him boring before he's even had a match. Johnny Curtis was the best thing going on NXT5 (him and Maxine) so I know he'll be entertaining when he's up and running. I've even been so bold as to say he'll beat Jericho tomorrow. Watch this space because I expect Fandango will be pushed to the sky after 'Mania.
    Not really being bold, just about everyone knows Fandango will win tomorrow. Having him lose in his debut match to Jericho would be a waste. Jericho has nothing to gain by winning, Fandango has a ton to gain from winning.

They should get him some more dancing lessons to solidify the gimmick. His dancing looks like that of a novice which kinda hurts the character in my opinion. Other than that, Curtis is a good wrestler and he has a great look so he can definitely go somewhere in the WWE. He's obviously already on someone's good side to be debuting at Wrestlemania the way he is.

Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    The only thing i like about him in his new dancer Summer Rae
    so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberToothTigerz View Post
    The only thing i like about him in his new dancer Summer Rae
    so yeah.
    When did Summer Rae become his dancer?

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    Fandanwho? This guy won't be around long and his gimmick is absolutely putrid. This is just another attempt at a Brodus Clay part duex. He don't belong at WrestleMania, RAW or SmackDown. Maybe a house show or in the stands handing out peanuts. No true pro-wrestling fan could ever take this guy or his gimmick serious. What a fall from grace for Johnny Curtis to be humiliated in a gimmick like this. After this he won't be taken as a serious contender for any title no matter what he does.

Most people in the IWC seem to have this fascination to like whoever Vince tells them to. Names like the Miz; Brodus Clay; Ryback; CM Punk; John Cena; Rock; Santino Marella; Zack Ryder; Kofi Kingston; etc... While three of these names are already big stars, (namely Rock, Cena and Punk), the rest are pretty much guaranteed to never hold a WHC or WWE Title. (Exception: Miz by fluke luck as scripted - he won't again since he dropped the ball).

I'm mortified by the fact that these sheep cheer who Vince tells them to while the WWE's true talent - (names like Cody Rhodes; Wade Barrett; Tyson Kidd; Drew McIntyre; Antonio Cesaro; Damian Sandow; R-Truth; Bo Dallas; Curt Hawkins; Justin Gabriel; Evan Bourne; Michael McGillicutty; Ricardo Rodriguez; Natalya; Ted Dibiase and the Uso's) - get stuck in mid-card to lower mid-card hell. There are a few names I left off that I'm waiting to see where they go from where they are at like Kane; Danial Bryan; Randy Orton; Christian; etc...

If I wanted to watch dance segments, I'd watch dance performances or shows, but this is supposed to be pro-wrestling and let's get real here, it's not Sports Entertainment as it's really not a sport with the outcome(s) predetermined. As it is right now Vince should change the name from WWE to the WWWE (Wacky World of Wrestling Entertainment). But I'm not the one in charge of the show so I'll order WrestleMania anyway as I always end up doing and wonder why I pay to see something that should be on Cartoon Network.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey