Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dubb1386 View Post
    I just dont understand why some of you guys dont give Fandango a chance..... yes i agree the gimmick is ridiculous ... but Curtis is doing a helluva job pulling it off and if u pay attention some of the crowd is starting say his name along with him. Will it work in the long run? i have no clue but right now Curtis has won me over with confidence on the mic, viciousness and that beautiful top rope leg drop. Im in on this.... what about you?
    I thought he was quite funny. He's definitely my fad of the week!
    People forget that a whole audience booing you and chanting you suck (or you can't wrestle) DEFINITELY has their attention. Even saying his name gets even bigger boos! I hate to say this in 2012, but effeminate characters are ALWAYS hated on. That is a fact! People can hate on this post all they want, but a majority of men definitely feel slightly insecure watching him... same as Goldust back in the 90s (wearing women's underwear etc).
    I sense a Fandango debut win if i'm honest.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

I think it's pretty hard to take the stance of not liking a wrestling character, who really has not debuted on TV, in character in a actual match.

Same can be said for liking him. I'll wait until I see him and Y2J tangle at WM before I pass judgement.

Fandango is fresh and it is actually entertaining!

I am looking forward to two matches on WM UT vs Punk and Fan vs Jericho.

I personally see the fact that Jericho is going to lose to a shlup like him as a terrible disgrace. This is a Lose-Lose. Fandango will be a fly-by-night. I don't see charisma and freshness. I see Disco Inferno. Jericho loses and who the hell will ever take him seriously in any situation moving forward??? But if Jericho wins, then Tango Inferno becomes a nothing before he even gets started. And Jericho comes out of WM with a "who gives a shit" win. Jericho vs Ziggler or Jericho vs Barrett was definitely the way to go on this one, with FagNato debuting the night after against Santino.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I personally see the fact that Jericho is going to lose to a shlup like him as a terrible disgrace. This is a Lose-Lose. Fandango will be a fly-by-night. I don't see charisma and freshness. I see Disco Inferno. Jericho loses and who the hell will ever take him seriously in any situation moving forward??? But if Jericho wins, then Tango Inferno becomes a nothing before he even gets started. And Jericho comes out of WM with a "who gives a shit" win. Jericho vs Ziggler or Jericho vs Barrett was definitely the way to go on this one, with FagNato debuting the night after against Santino.
    I'm with you.
    That gimmick isn't going to get curtis anywhere past mid card. I put the Fandango character in the same category of Santino, Zack Ryder, tons of Funk, 3MB and the like. It's a character that I can't take seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I'm with you.
    That gimmick isn't going to get curtis anywhere past mid card. I put the Fandango character in the same category of Santino, Zack Ryder, tons of Funk, 3MB and the like. It's a character that I can't take seriously.
    But you don't see the guys you mentioned on the WM card. I would call it a 15 minutes of fame gimmick.

Your Welcome,
    MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Bill View Post
    But you don't see the guys you mentioned on the WM card. I would call it a 15 minutes of fame gimmick.

Your Welcome,
    MB
    And I guarantee you that Fandango won't be on the Wrestlemania card next year either.

No, you're welcome,
    T_T

And I guarantee you that Fandango won't be on the Wrestlemania card next year either.

No, you're welcome,
    T_T

P.S.

I think you mean 10 minutes (if that) of fame.

Thank you,
    T_T

And yes. I did just quote myself.

No, you're welcome,
    T_T
    Who's to say that? Do you remember Dolph Ziggler's first gimmick? He walked around shaking hands and just saying his name. A gimmick is what you do with it and so far Curtis has been working his Fandango gimmick. Let's see where it evolves to.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Think of him like Ryback, when he first came in he wasnt been taken seriously as a strong competitor because he was just in squash matches to build up his power, but as time went on his powerhouseness(?) and can now for the most be taken seriously.

I see the same thing happening with Fandango, shove his over the top gimmick in your face so you notice him, then slowly dial it down without you noticing so he comes across as more legit.

That said if they leave him in over the top mode for too long he is not going anywhere.