View Poll Results: How do you feel about Punk pouring the ashes of Bearer over Undertaker's body?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it. It was just what the feud needed.

43 57.33%
  • Ehh. It was cool, but I feel like they should have done more. It wasn't enough.

12 16.00%
  • Hated it. So distasteful and such a horrible way to build a match.

10 13.33%
  • Indifferent. Not to sure how to feel about it honestly.

10 13.33%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    If they really wanted to add another wrinkle to this dynamo, they should have had straight-edge Punk catch a buzz off the mystical remains he inhaled.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

They really did that.. right during when his family was grieving... better yet at all? Why do they have to resort to profiting off dead people to build a story? Is creative THAT lazy these days? I know we want edgier wrestling but there is a difference between better matches, swearing, promos making fun of each other and using dead people to further story lines. It's just not needed. It's not edgier, its just pathetic. And to anyone who says he would of been ok with it, we will never know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    They really did that.. right during when his family was grieving... better yet at all? Why do they have to resort to profiting off dead people to build a story? Is creative THAT lazy these days? I know we want edgier wrestling but there is a difference between better matches, swearing, promos making fun of each other and using dead people to further story lines. It's just not needed. It's not edgier, its just pathetic. And to anyone who says he would of been ok with it, we will never know.
    The family was ok with it. I'm not pointing fingers at you in particular... But the hatred of edgy segments in the current WWE's product while those same people perpetuating the idea that they actually want the attitude era back makes me want to vomit. Seriously, Paul Bearer is someone who loved this business and is probably smiling that there is so much conversation and heat going for this feud because of such a promo. I mean, we all know that punk isn't really meaning any disrespect towards the legacy of Paul Bearer, It's a show, and they are just using a real life event like they have done for pretty much the entirety of professional wresting... in order to make the show more personal or realistic. Gosh, the irony is never clear to some members of the iwc I guess...
    #TeamGeeky

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The family was ok with it. I'm not pointing fingers at you in particular... But the hatred of edgy segments in the current WWE's product while those same people perpetuating the idea that they actually want the attitude era back makes me want to vomit. Seriously, Paul Bearer is someone who loved this business and is probably smiling that there is so much conversation and heat going for this feud because of such a promo. I mean, we all know that punk isn't really meaning any disrespect towards the legacy of Paul Bearer, It's a show, and they are just using a real life event like they have done for pretty much the entirety of professional wresting... in order to make the show more personal or realistic. Gosh, the irony is never clear to some members of the iwc I guess...
    It's awful if someone does it in real life but why is it ok to do it in wwe? I understand people have their own opinion about it, but I just don't get the logic of it.

Blog Entries
    It's awful if someone does it in real life but why is it ok to do it in wwe?
    If someone is really mocking a dead person, it's bad. If someone on a fake show does it in a way that the person would have been ok with it... it's not bad. To be honest, as long as you did it with good taste I don't even think making jokes about the dead is bad. I think people are so quick to go for the politically correct card anymore. It's just even better when those same guys want the era back that constantly pushed the politically correct card to it's boundaries. As I said in my first post, his family was ok with it, people who actually knew him obviously thought he'd be ok with it, I think it's strange that you'd think it was a problem.
    #TeamGeeky

It's awful if someone does it in real life but why is it ok to do it in wwe? I understand people have their own opinion about it, but I just don't get the logic of it.
    Beating people with crutches in real life doesn't fly, either, as it's not part of a fictitious narrative.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

It's awful to watch a physical altercation between two adults in real life... Why is it okay for WWE to do it? I have a feeling that by using your logic, WWE will soon have Fandango and Jericho as their top stars and be in a heated battle for reigning supremacy against Dancing with the Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    I assumed that whatever was in the urn is the same thing that's been in the urn for 20-something years now. To whom the ashes belong to... who knows. I wish they would've incorporated that into the storyline to make the culmination of a recurring 20-something year old prop even bigger than it was.

Was no one on this board alive in 91 when Hogan threw the ashes from the urn into the eyes of the Undertaker?

It's awful if someone does it in real life, but why is it okay for someone to kill someone in a movie? It's scripted, setup, ok'd by the family, not his real ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanrulzu View Post
    Was no one on this board alive in 91 when Hogan threw the ashes from the urn into the eyes of the Undertaker?
    I do remember that. My guess the ashes are from the BBQ the crew had before the taping. lol