View Poll Results: How do you feel about Punk pouring the ashes of Bearer over Undertaker's body?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it. It was just what the feud needed.

43 57.33%
  • Ehh. It was cool, but I feel like they should have done more. It wasn't enough.

12 16.00%
  • Hated it. So distasteful and such a horrible way to build a match.

10 13.33%
  • Indifferent. Not to sure how to feel about it honestly.

10 13.33%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    JAWS I love your sign ^^
    Was this when HBK was forced to job to Hogan ?
    yessir. hilarious match.

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    If it helps you stomach the angle, I've read that many think Paul Bearer would have wanted it this way. He apparently was an awesome guy who loved giving back to the industry. It seems like a fitting and somewhat poetic send-off to have 'his creation' get the ultimate revenge on Punk in his honor at Wrestlemania. Taker's match will end with him holding the urn to the night sky infront of 80,000 people, and that will be our last image of the urn and Paul Bearer. As I type that, I actually think it's kind of amazing.

That said: Agreed the spilling of the ashes was distasteful, but mehh who cares? It's Punk. He's getting heat.

Lastly, to say Punk seriously can't hang in a wrestling ring with anyone is just being a hater. I love Coffee Talk man, I've praised you for it. But Punk's unarguably a great wrestler. If we're talking in-ring abilities, he's every bit as good as Stone Cold or the Rock were, and I'm sure you think they are serious enough to hang with Taker.
    You know what's amazing. As I read what you typed...I just thought about that conclusion and you're absolutely right. I don't really love the use of Paul Bearer's death in the angle but what you said is right. That's almost better than a HOF Induction. What a send off. Nicely done. I wish I thought of that.

And I'm not hating on CM Punk. I just don't hold him in as high regard as many others on here do. I think he's peaked already, and now, there's nothing innovative about him. He's just drawn out and boring to me.

He has done so much these past years and he need to take some time off. This will probably happen after Mania

I fielded a couple complaints about the whole thing from long time wrestling fans who I had to remind them it's kayfabe and the WWE has done worse, regarding a death to set up a storyline.

I had to point out The Bossman who drove down the street with big shows dad's coffin during their funeral. And when Bossman stole Al Snow's dog, cooked it and fed it to Snow. Later on Bossman pisses on the dog's grave.

They didn't seem to be bothered by that then, so much for selective outrage.

Blog Entries
    I thought the promo lacked taste and still find the build-up lacking. I'm watching this one on a meta-level: don't care for the build, but really am looking forward to the match.

CM Punk is burnt out and it's showing, Undertaker's talking is a bit stale and out of touch.. But they're both big time players and will be there when it counts, at Wrestlemania.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Hated it that was horrible!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    I fielded a couple complaints about the whole thing from long time wrestling fans who I had to remind them it's kayfabe and the WWE has done worse, regarding a death to set up a storyline.

I had to point out The Bossman who drove down the street with big shows dad's coffin during their funeral. And when Bossman stole Al Snow's dog, cooked it and fed it to Snow. Later on Bossman pisses on the dog's grave.

They didn't seem to be bothered by that then, so much for selective outrage.
    I understand what you're saying. I, as a long long time wrestling fan, absolutely hated those storylines as well. Things like HHH nailing the corpse of Kane's girlfriend, Michael Cole ragging on Lawler's mom, etc. I just don't see where there's room for that sort of thing. It's not entertaining in the least bit.

Symbolic ashes at best. I think the shock factor was supposed to be that somebody has actually FINALLY emptied the urn. There's been a two decade mystique around what's in there.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

I loved it because I was the only person....okay maybe some out there that really knew that wasn't really Paul's Ashes....

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    I assumed that whatever was in the urn is the same thing that's been in the urn for 20-something years now. To whom the ashes belong to... who knows.

The ashes were supposed to be those of the family members that Taker lost in the fire (mother, supposed siblings, etc.), weren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone