View Poll Results: How do you feel about Punk pouring the ashes of Bearer over Undertaker's body?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it. It was just what the feud needed.

43 57.33%
  • Ehh. It was cool, but I feel like they should have done more. It wasn't enough.

12 16.00%
  • Hated it. So distasteful and such a horrible way to build a match.

10 13.33%
  • Indifferent. Not to sure how to feel about it honestly.

10 13.33%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    i prefer to be able to still look into a mirror over liking this kind of content. and defending it by saying 'but they did this and this before' doesnt make it any better. Thats like defending a mass murderer by saying 'but others have killed more before'.
    Wrestling lost the spectacle factor.

That analogy is terrible.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten Langenfeld View Post
    i prefer to be able to still look into a mirror over liking this kind of content. and defending it by saying 'but they did this and this before' doesnt make it any better. Thats like defending a mass murderer by saying 'but others have killed more before'.
    no, it absolutely isn't and what's worse is I have the sinking suspicion that you know that, and are intentionally going overboard in trying to show how evil this is to Paul's paperboy or whoever it was that told you they were offended.

It doesn't matter the slightest bit whether or not watching Taker get doused with the remains of a DuraFlame log made you feel bad, because it was supposed to. In fact the worse you think of the angle, the better they did. WWE is trying like hell to get a good Taker chant come Wrestlemania, even against the IWC golden boy Punk and they will get as dirty as they feel they have to in order to achieve that. The only people that could have stopped them, and indeed the only people who's feelings really matter in this at all belong to the man's kids, and by all reports, they were fine with it.

Of course that doesn't even touch the fact that in everybody's rush to be offended, noone is just quite sure who's ashes those actually are. Are they supposed to be Paul's? Maybe they belong to Taker's mommy? or his real daddy (storyline-wise Bearer was a "Father Figure", the real dad burned up)

so yeah, offended? grow the hell up.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    Also I really and truly hope to God that come WM, Punk hit's the GTS on one of Paul's kids, pref while having Taker chained up or somehow incapacitated but forced to watch. We need a heel that really has the spirit of "whatever the hell it takes to win" and besides, it would be an awesome memory for the kids and afterwards Taker could salute them like he did their dad in the middle of the ring while everyone cheers, closing the show with the ultimate in "feel-good even though someone kicked it" moments

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten Langenfeld View Post
    First of all, to all who say William Moody would have been ok with it: You DONT know that. You simply dont, mainly because he is....dead. Cant ask him. Any assumptions about that are in vain.

Second: As long as there is just ONE, i repeat ONE single person who gets grief from what is going on there, who is impaired in their suffers over a loved ones death, it is NOT OK to do it. And as it happens to be, i KNOW FOR SURE that there is at LEAST one person close to William Moody who is REALLY suffering from this angle, and who is in physical pain about it. How do i know? Well, i have been in touch with that person, who expressed her feelings and HATES the angle. Is the family ok with it? Well, i dont know what despicable offer the WWE made them, but if they say: listen, we will put your kids through college if you are ok with this...would you say no?
    Good lord. Tell that person that Paul Bearer was a character in a piece of fictional entertainment. Was she crying when Paul Bearer - the fake character - 'dealt with spirits, captured Stephanie McMahon, cheered while his son buried people alive, and lit people on fire? THAT Paul Bearer had his 'ashes' poured over Taker. William Moody was honored with a series of lovely videos and thousands of touching tweets from peers and fans alike. I'm sure he'll be in the Hall of Fame in the next few years.

So if ONE person is offended by something the WWE shouldn't show it? Ridiculous. If this theory is true, I'm offended by your post - please remove it because I'm ONE person and it upsets me that people can be so sensitive and ignorant. Oh, and if you think the WWE is paying for some 14 year olds college because they are related to Mr. Moody, you're delusional. The WWE own the rights to Paul Bearer - it's their character. They can hire someone to come out as Paul Bearer next week - call him Paul Bearer - and dump New Paul Bearers ashes onto Kane next week.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Blog Entries
    Punk will get so wrapped up in the angle and having "ingested some Paul Bearer dust" will return after WM as the Punkertaker. Or will that be Underpunker?

It seems to me that Undertaker doesn't give a shit about this feud. His promo was lame. He didn't look like he could actually do that things to Punk, and he wasn't putting any effort in making it believable. It's like some kind of real life disrespect, and I wanted Punk to hurt him badly.