View Poll Results: How do you feel about Punk pouring the ashes of Bearer over Undertaker's body?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it. It was just what the feud needed.

43 57.33%
  • Ehh. It was cool, but I feel like they should have done more. It wasn't enough.

12 16.00%
  • Hated it. So distasteful and such a horrible way to build a match.

10 13.33%
  • Indifferent. Not to sure how to feel about it honestly.

10 13.33%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanrulzu View Post
    Was no one on this board alive in 91 when Hogan threw the ashes from the urn into the eyes of the Undertaker?
    How does that relate to anything I said? Did they say what was in it in 91? I was 5 years old in 91 and I remember very little from that time period.

Blog Entries
    My problem with this is that if they wanted it to happen, they should have done so way sooner than the final week before Wrestlemania. Before this played and right after Punk stole the urn, we barely saw CM Punk or 'Taker do anything to add to the feud. It just looked like Punk was that spoiled little kid who refused to go to bed no matter how many times the more imposing, authority figure, his Dad(Taker in this case), told him to quit playing games and comply.

Taker: Giiiiiive meeeeee the uuuuuuuurrrrrrn!
    Punk: Make me! Nyeh!

ONE WEEK LATER...

Taker: Giiiiive meeeeee the uuuurrrrrrnnnnnn!
    Punk: I don't wanna! >:'(

ANOTHER WEEK LATER...

Punk: If I can't have it, no one can!
    *dumps ashes all over the place*
    Punk: HA! Now you know I was being serious when I told you I'd do whatever it takes! What'd you have to say to th...oh wait. Whoops. Looks like WM's in six days! Sorry! No time for the acknowledgment of me being quite possibly the biggest and most dastardly threat to your streak yet!

Agree, I think it's great for their feud. Little bit of Attitude ara, we asked for it and now that it is here people don't want to see it?
    I say bring it on...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Deluxe_08 View Post
    I'm interested to see how fans reacted to the ending of RAW. Hopefully the choices can reflect everyone's views correctly.

In a sick way, I liked it. I didn't expect CM Punk to cross that line and (kayfabe wise) pour ashes on the body of Undertaker. Such a bad-ass. Never been done before, I don't think. It reminded me of the Attitude Era in a lot of ways and now I'm really pumped for their match at Mania.

Your thoughts?
    Well my thoughts on this are simple....Its never been Paul Bearer's ashes, it has never been said it was Paul's ashes, otherwise Undertaker would have been bowing down before an empty urn till now...Sheesh!

However the whole angle to this match has been fairly decent, and much like the match itself I've felt Punk has carried it.
    “Humans disgust me. Vile creatures."
    ― William Regal

Classless, tasteless, unimaginative trash TV.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shortncurly View Post
    Classless, tastless, unimaginative trash TV.
    But haven't you been craving for the AE this whole entire time?! Don't be a hypocrite!

First of all, to all who say William Moody would have been ok with it: You DONT know that. You simply dont, mainly because he is....dead. Cant ask him. Any assumptions about that are in vain.

Second: As long as there is just ONE, i repeat ONE single person who gets grief from what is going on there, who is impaired in their suffers over a loved ones death, it is NOT OK to do it. And as it happens to be, i KNOW FOR SURE that there is at LEAST one person close to William Moody who is REALLY suffering from this angle, and who is in physical pain about it. How do i know? Well, i have been in touch with that person, who expressed her feelings and HATES the angle. Is the family ok with it? Well, i dont know what despicable offer the WWE made them, but if they say: listen, we will put your kids through college if you are ok with this...would you say no?
    Wrestling lost the spectacle factor.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyKong View Post
    Uh I don't know if I'm out of the loop or anything but... when was it insinuated that Paul Bearer's ashes were in the urn?
    Yeah I was thinking that also. I never heard anyone actually say there were his ashes. On side note wouldent it be crazy if he was really alive and comes back like when Undertaker was buried alive during his match? I dont see anything wrong with wha Punk did. Im amazed hes only been given a few weeks to even build this hype up. Punk is the "Choice of a New Generation" and Undertaker needs to just go away. Its worse then the Rock. They have to beg him to come back to make a huge amout of money once a year. The Steak was great but now its to much of a good thing. They didnt know what to do with punk so they toss him at the streak. Cant have Cena go against the streak noooo sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten Langenfeld View Post
    First of all, to all who say William Moody would have been ok with it: You DONT know that. You simply dont, mainly because he is....dead. Cant ask him. Any assumptions about that are in vain.

Second: As long as there is just ONE, i repeat ONE single person who gets grief from what is going on there, who is impaired in their suffers over a loved ones death, it is NOT OK to do it. And as it happens to be, i KNOW FOR SURE that there is at LEAST one person close to William Moody who is REALLY suffering from this angle, and who is in physical pain about it. How do i know? Well, i have been in touch with that person, who expressed her feelings and HATES the angle. Is the family ok with it? Well, i dont know what despicable offer the WWE made them, but if they say: listen, we will put your kids through college if you are ok with this...would you say no?
    Get over it. The man was ok with getting "killed off" with concreate poured all over himself. I think he would be ok with whats going on now. Where were you when Big Boss Man drove up to Big Shows fathers Funeral and dragged the casket all around the cemetary from the back of the car. Now that was crazy. Or when Undertaker was going to hang Steph from a huge UT Cross above the ring. If anything he's done way worse stuff in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten Langenfeld View Post

Okay what about when Randy Orton told Rey Mysterio that Eddie Guerrero went to hell? What about Katie Vick? What about Lawler's heart attack? Wrestling has, and always will be, edgy and pushing the envelope. The family consented and gave their approval. WWE needed no one else's consent.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!