View Poll Results: How do you feel about Punk pouring the ashes of Bearer over Undertaker's body?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it. It was just what the feud needed.

43 57.33%
  • Ehh. It was cool, but I feel like they should have done more. It wasn't enough.

12 16.00%
  • Hated it. So distasteful and such a horrible way to build a match.

10 13.33%
  • Indifferent. Not to sure how to feel about it honestly.

10 13.33%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post

At this point I shouldn't be taken back. A bit of a better job on the polls this go round, but we'll see how the final outcome will be; I have a feeling I have already seen the end of this syndicated topic.

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

That was some flat out Satan-level evil.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

I assumed that whatever was in the urn is the same thing that's been in the urn for 20-something years now. To whom the ashes belong to... who knows. I wish they would've incorporated that into the storyline to make the culmination of a recurring 20-something year old prop even bigger than it was.

After he beat on him a few times, I was yelling for him to pour out the ashes onto him. Needless to say, I marked out.

In retrospect, its an awful thing and that makes it even better for the feud.

I don't like the angle at all. Not even a little bit. I think it shows terrible taste that WWE would do something like this. But it's all for not. I still have no hope for this match. Anything other than a squash would pretty much make me laugh in hysterics. In fact, if the "reports" are true and Punk is burnt out and is taking time off after WM, then a complete squash of nuclear proportions is probably the right way to go with this one. Punk can't seriously hang, not even in a Kayfabe sense, with an elite such as the Undertaker.

Made a thread a few weeks ago where I said that at some point I would love to see CM Punk dressed up as a Druid, well...we got last night. Also loved the (dis)urn thing, but that crowd could've done better. At least we had a (different side) Undertaker/CM Punk chant, which was good. Was kinda looking for something lowdest tho.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Best damn thread PERIOD. Nice one ELNIO.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveorton View Post
    @ELNIOJR love the signature dude

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I don't like the angle at all. Not even a little bit. I think it shows terrible taste that WWE would do something like this. But it's all for not. I still have no hope for this match. Anything other than a squash would pretty much make me laugh in hysterics. In fact, if the "reports" are true and Punk is burnt out and is taking time off after WM, then a complete squash of nuclear proportions is probably the right way to go with this one. Punk can't seriously hang, not even in a Kayfabe sense, with an elite such as the Undertaker.
    If it helps you stomach the angle, I've read that many think Paul Bearer would have wanted it this way. He apparently was an awesome guy who loved giving back to the industry. It seems like a fitting and somewhat poetic send-off to have 'his creation' get the ultimate revenge on Punk in his honor at Wrestlemania. Taker's match will end with him holding the urn to the night sky infront of 80,000 people, and that will be our last image of the urn and Paul Bearer. As I type that, I actually think it's kind of amazing.

That said: Agreed the spilling of the ashes was distasteful, but mehh who cares? It's Punk. He's getting heat.

Lastly, to say Punk seriously can't hang in a wrestling ring with anyone is just being a hater. I love Coffee Talk man, I've praised you for it. But Punk's unarguably a great wrestler. If we're talking in-ring abilities, he's every bit as good as Stone Cold or the Rock were, and I'm sure you think they are serious enough to hang with Taker.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

He was rubbing the ashes on his face when the show went off the air. That was pretty awesome in a "wow, that's really a terrible thing to do" sort of way.

JAWS I love your sign ^^
    Was this when HBK was forced to job to Hogan ?

Cool way to end the show and didn't feel it was disrespectful because Bill Moody was all about wrestling. We have to remember that when they mention Paul Bearer, it's the character. That's why I was a little meh about Kane coming out and being interviewed about his "dad" passing away. It was dumb. The angle was great with the kitty li.... ashes being poured on taker. We all know they weren't his real ashes so why are we shocked and insulted by it.