Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    .....sounds and acts like a drunk arsehole at 2am. He is going to be a total one trick pony. I can't see him developing at all in the future. Where do you go to when your starting point is a drunk, who looks like he's just woken up in a dumpster behind a bar? He is sloppy in the ring, sells terribly and has no presence beyond his promos. Hang on I just described Paul Heyman there. Maybe Dean should be a manager, not a performer. And what is with that hunching his shoulders he does? It doesn't make him look bigger.

Side note: Who decided that all of the Shield needed to drown their hair in lube before every appearance?
    Have you ever seen the 3 on 3 tlc match with The Shield Vs Ryback, and Team Hell No? I remember when Dean got suplexed onto the ladder and I that his selling was so stupid and ridiculous.

The move is at 11:36

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    To me B-mac is correct to a point. Smarks love this guy and he tends to sell terribly. He does nothing in the ring that makes me say wow, like the other two members of the shield. Sure, he can cut a promo... But I'd take a better wrestler who has good mic skills like rollins over ambrose anyday.

Says the guy who wrote a blog as to why John Cena should be the face of the WWE, citing his mic skills being better than wrestling ability

My argument through this whole thing isn't that Ambrose is over rated based on smarks. But I do have to question you guys as to just how much you have seen of Jon Moxley or are you basing such claims off of the whole crumpet of time in which he has been Dean Ambrose. I'm just saying, if you want to know why so many are talking of the guys potential, do some research instead of just saying people are over rating a guy based upon work that you haven't seen before. How do you know if the movie Argo is overrated if you made that conclusion based on the trailer you saw versus the amount of positive reviews you read about the film? Instead of making claims with a limited sample size to use, go look watch what people are basing their reviews off of.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Says the guy who wrote a blog as to why John Cena should be the face of the WWE, citing his mic skills being better than wrestling ability

My argument through this whole thing isn't that Ambrose is over rated based on smarks. But I do have to question you guys as to just how much you have seen of Jon Moxley or are you basing such claims off of the whole crumpet of time in which he has been Dean Ambrose. I'm just saying, if you want to know why so many are talking of the guys potential, do some research instead of just saying people are over rating a guy based upon work that you haven't seen before. How do you know if the movie Argo is overrated if you made that conclusion based on the trailer you saw versus the amount of positive reviews you read about the film? Instead of making claims with a limited sample size to use, go look watch what people are basing their reviews off of.

I've seen his matches, and his promos from CZW, Dragon Gate, and IPW. He's good but to hail this guy as the next top bad guy and the future of the WWE. I don't think he's that good. I mean he may prove me wrong, but I don't think he's better than other heels on the wrestler like Damien Sandow, who is a better talker, and Cesaro who is a better wrestler.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    To me B-mac is correct to a point. Smarks love this guy and he tends to sell terribly. He does nothing in the ring that makes me say wow, like the other two members of the shield. Sure, he can cut a promo... But I'd take a better wrestler who has good mic skills like rollins over ambrose anyday.
    I appreciate that Ambrose had this whole thing before WWE and he might have been good but it really is a case of 'what have you done for me lately?'. Put up or shut up time needs to come sooner, rather than later.

I thought Reigns was solid on the mic tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I've seen his matches, and his promos from CZW, Dragon Gate, and IPW. He's good but to hail this guy as the next top bad guy and the future of the WWE. I don't think he's that good. I mean he may prove me wrong, but I don't think he's better than other heels on the wrestler like Damien Sandow, who is a better talker, and Cesaro who is a better wrestler.

But the character is better than both of those. Cesaro is a foreigner who speaks multiple languages. Sandow is an intellectual who is condescending to the fans. Ambrose (or better the Jon Moxley Character) is a borderline psychopath who can't differentiate between what is acceptable and what is too far. It is this kind of thought process that has him come across as someone who legitimately could be what Pillman was supposed to be before his passing. This is why he comes across as the "drunk from behind the dumpster" as Tool claimed; it's part of the unbalanced character he plays so well.

That being said, I have always stated that Ambrose will only be as good as the WWE allows and if he has no input into his character, he will continue to be just a guy that was a good talker.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Have you ever seen the 3 on 3 tlc match with The Shield Vs Ryback, and Team Hell No? I remember when Dean got suplexed onto the ladder and I that his selling was so stupid and ridiculous.

The move is at 11:36

Sure he sold it....but he's no selling it less than a minute later, which is worse. Mind you, Reigns sells it even less.

I can see him being Piper-esque - a great heel, a great talker but never a world champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Sure he sold it....but he's no selling it less than a minute later, which is worse. Mind you, Reigns sells it even less.

I can see him being Piper-esque - a great heel, a great talker but never a world champ.
    That's what I see as well.

Blog Entries
    That's what I see as well.
    Hey, there's a need for that, a need for those guys. But people talk like he's the Prophet Of Wrestlings New Dawn or some such crap.....

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Hey, there's a need for that, a need for those guys. But people talk like he's the Prophet Of Wrestlings New Dawn or some such crap.....
    Yea WWE needs guys like that. I mean Roddy Piper is one of the all time greats but he wasn't the top star. But I can also see Dean Ambrose having more of a Jake The Snake Roberts type career. Giving creepy promos, and having good timing, and is a slightly better worker.

Blog Entries
    I think Ambrose is great. He's pretty good in the ring, he's an excellent talks, he has a different look to him.

Is he the next big thing? Impossible to tell yet, since we've only seen him in WEW in a group environment. The real test for all 3 of the Shield members will be when they break out on their own. Then we'll see who sinks and who swims.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!