View Poll Results: How does it taste?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sour - I am hating this idea for the X-Division as a whole

2 11.11%
  • Neutral - It's kind of bland, but it's still nourishment to the X-Division

7 38.89%
  • Spicy - This is something that could be awesome but could also hurt the X-Division

6 33.33%
  • Sweet - This taste has me craving the next bite of the new X-Division

3 16.67%

Just a taste... *Possible Spoilers*

So I have done my best to sit on this topic long enough for everyone to see this past week’s Impact. This past week, we saw for the first time since 2009 one of my favorites from the TNA X-Division,

Petey Williams

was on a TNA television show. I have avoided the spoilers for the ONO PPVs as I am intending to purchase a selected few, so I was un-aware of him participating in certain ones thus far. He along with another guy (Sorry to be so indirect, but I am avoiding the spoiler because I hate when it happens to me) will be facing Christian York this week for a shot at Kenny King.

With this being said, I have heard a lot of skeptical views on the new direction for the X-Division. However, if the new division set up is leading to guys like this returning every so often (I have yet to hear of a contract for him) along with the addition of younger Indy talent like the one involved in this week’s match, I am all for the new direction. It might not have made sense to me for the revamp to go in the direction it went, but having this as my first bite into the new way, I must say that I love the taste I have in my mouth right now.

TNA, to their credit, might not appear to be moving the division in the direction I thought I wanted, but they are at least trying to do something with the division. This being the introduction into the division has left me pleasantly surprised, but what about my fellow members of the forums; how do you feel about the idea of this becoming a regular occurrence when determining the new #1 to X-Champ?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I think TNA were very quick to suddenly clear out it's X-division (especially around 2008-2010). How they released petey i will never know. I think Canadian Destroyer itself was what drew a few people in. When it was on TWC in the UK back in 2005, the only thing that got me to start watching (and there were loads of ads for it) was a video of the canadian destroyer and AJ styles promo (it was his entrance video for 20 seconds). Even when he was little petey pump, he was pretty funny. Now he's back, i may watch it again.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

At one part; he seemed to either say, or acknowledge in some fashion he DID sign a contract, or at least, I heard he did.

I don't like it really. The matches and whatnot should be good, but I imagine most of the folks are just going to be brought in as bodies to keep the contracted talent from having to take the pin. Plus, they have opened up the weight so much that they don't really need to bring anyone in, often, since they can use some of the heavyweight guys(I.E: James Storm).

In any event, it'll be good - but I suspect most will just be brought back for a short time, either to be used for a bit then not seen, or just there to take a pinfall(I.E Dutt).

I will say this though - Ion has grown on me a lot - he's clearly outperformed King in every match they've been in together.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

The only thing I don't like is the person that loses the triple threat match is out of the title picture. If they want to build the X Division, they shouldn't be eliminating people. I'm okay with the one and done returns once in a while, but if the intention is to build interest in the division again, they should get some more mainstays.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    At one part; he seemed to either say, or acknowledge in some fashion he DID sign a contract, or at least, I heard he did.

I don't like it really. The matches and whatnot should be good, but I imagine most of the folks are just going to be brought in as bodies to keep the contracted talent from having to take the pin. Plus, they have opened up the weight so much that they don't really need to bring anyone in, often, since they can use some of the heavyweight guys(I.E: James Storm).

In any event, it'll be good - but I suspect most will just be brought back for a short time, either to be used for a bit then not seen, or just there to take a pinfall(I.E Dutt).

I will say this though - Ion has grown on me a lot - he's clearly outperformed King in every match they've been in together.
    I thought I heard that the limit is 230 lbs....

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    The only thing I don't like is the person that loses the triple threat match is out of the title picture. If they want to build the X Division, they shouldn't be eliminating people. I'm okay with the one and done returns once in a while, but if the intention is to build interest in the division again, they should get some more mainstays.
    Apparently, they revamped it, so you can get another shot at being in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    I thought I heard that the limit is 230 lbs....
    By wiki, at least, Storm is 230 pounds(exactly)
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Neutral. I have a wait and see attitude about but it has been confirmed that Petey Williams has signed with TNA!! Awesome move!

I had to vote Spicy. If this is the route they are taking (bringing back older stars and new guys from the Indies to help push the division) then there is potential for this to be a great re-vamp of the division since it will introduce potential new athletes and give some former talent another shot at being signed back to the roster, as it has done with Petey. That being said, far too often has TNA pushed to improve the X-Division, only to have it fall into the background for another 4-5 weeks. With the increased time between PPVs, there is plenty of time for them to develop programs that could consist of 3 athletes by using the time between events to set up for major dates.

Example, this weeks 3 way can set up a new #1 contender. 2 weeks from now (April 18th) have another 3 way to determine who is in the other spot. That leaves 6 weeks for them to build to the X-Division match at Slammiversary in June. With 6 weeks to play with, and having Kenny King pulling off this cocky role so well, I am very interested to see where they could go. The only thing I would have rather had is Zema Ion as the champ because he had gained so much of my attention after Dest X last year and really wished he hadn't lost the belt to RVD for those several months... Had he lost it to King, the build for this match would be even greater, especially if the 3rd participant was to be a returning Sorensen.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    I think this new structure going make wins esp in the X division more important.... the loser have to earn his way back in, through not 1 but 2 people...
    I also think this could be a way to bring some older names back to TNA on occasion, Sharkboy, Red(if he not in the WWE), Elix Skipper, LowKi, and many others....
    But glad to see MLM back....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I don't like it for the fact that to me it takes away from rivalries. While three way rivalries can be entertaining, often times you don't have that intensity you can get with a one on one. Also most three way rivalries are usually about how can the face fend off against two challengers? Or how can the heel keep his title against two challengers? That's why I'm not for this.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!