Page 73 of 107 FirstFirst ... 23 637172737475 83 ... LastLast

Thread: Puroresu Thread

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    I cannot imagine KENTA actually carrying the company. They are trying to save themselves with a recent Russo swerve but it doesn't give enough reason to tune in to NOAH.
    Agreed about The K-MAN. There's a reason if took him so long to capture the big one. He's kinda become the top dog by default.

This Russo swerve you speak of. Elaborate. I know nothing of this. Being in the tragic state that it is, I've almost given up hope on it and haven't checked in with them for a while, and, to tell the truth, I don't intend to. At least not until I hear their fortunes have reversed. I'm stubborn like that lol.

All I know is that NJPW>the world.

As I don't speak Japanese [surprisingly], I care little for the angles in which matches come about, but just studying the overall win/loss booking in NJPW is quite the fascinating experience. Minoru Suzuki crushing Okada in their last match is just an example of Gedo and Jado's long term booking. He could not have looked more dominating against the man who would go on to convincingly win the NJPW Cup and the IWGP hvywt championship. I know it's only Okada's first defence and the likelihood that he will job to Suzuki is slim to none, but Suzuki has been positioned as a serious threat. I mean, let's face it, Minoru looks like he could rip Okada's head off without breaking a sweat. Dude has to be one of the hardest looking wrestlers today.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

#FreeBodom

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Agreed about The K-MAN. There's a reason if took him so long to capture the big one. He's kinda become the top dog by default.

This Russo swerve you speak of. Elaborate. I know nothing of this. Being in the tragic state that it is, I've almost given up hope on it and haven't checked in with them for a while, and, to tell the truth, I don't intend to. At least not until I hear their fortunes have reversed. I'm stubborn like that lol.

All I know is that NJPW>the world.

As I don't speak Japanese [surprisingly], I care little for the angles in which matches come about, but just studying the overall win/loss booking in NJPW is quite the fascinating experience. Minoru Suzuki crushing Okada in their last match is just an example of Gedo and Jado's long term booking. He could not have looked more dominating against the man who would go on to convincingly win the NJPW Cup and the IWGP hvywt championship. I know it's only Okada's first defence and the likelihood that he will job to Suzuki is slim to none, but Suzuki has been positioned as a serious threat. I mean, let's face it, Minoru looks like he could rip Okada's head off without breaking a sweat. Dude has to be one of the hardest looking wrestlers today.
    Sugs went to NO MERCY. I was like "Oh...that's cool."

Suzuki is the fucking man!

I'm so glad I've recently started watching Japanese wrestling, pretty much had my fill of the North American variety lately.

Mainly thanks to this thread too, so cheers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post
    I'm so glad I've recently started watching Japanese wrestling, pretty much had my fill of the North American variety lately.

Mainly thanks to this thread too, so cheers guys.
    Lol no problem man. I mostly watch NJPW and I will catch AJPW since most of the NOAH guys I liked when there. Burning=red hot in AJPW.

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloaded the two Road To Dontaku shows and Dontaku itself. Got me some puro to watch!!!

Steve, I'm glad you've found Japanese wrestling. There is literally thousands of matches to watch, not to mention the plethora of whole shows on YouTube.

One show I wholeheartedly recommend to you -and anyone reading this- is NJPW Battle Formation 1996. Not only are there some fantastic matches on this card (The Great Muta vs Jinsei Shinzaki, The Great Sasuke vs Jushin Lyger), but there are a ton of WCW wrestlers on the show, and it was this show that actually inspired the whole nWo angle. The main event features NJPW's Shinya Hashimoto vs the UWFi's Nobuhiko Takada, with the premise being UWFi being an invading force, attempting to prove that their "shoot style" promotion is more dominant. I'd go as far to say that in terms of overal shows, BF was one of the best of the nineties. Top to bottom nothing but good to great to EPIC matches. Jinsei vs Muta being my favourite--bloodbath doesn't even come close to explaining the carnage in that one.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

#FreeBodom

Cheers fellas and thanks for the recommendation Kash, I'll be sure to have a look see.

These last few weeks have been a heck of a revelation, I can't believe how superior the product is to most of the North American stuff we are fed.

I'm doing it kind of hodge podge at the moment, watching the up to date stuff as well as fitting in as much history as possible. I'm thoroughly enjoying every moment.

If you think this stuff is good, wait a few weeks when Best of the Super Juniors roll around. Greatest TOURNAMENT EVER! The line up this year is so good!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    If you think this stuff is good, wait a few weeks when Best of the Super Juniors roll around. Greatest TOURNAMENT EVER! The line up this year is so good!
    Cheers for the heads up chief, I'll make sure I catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post
    Cheers for the heads up chief, I'll make sure I catch it.

Here are the guys confirmed for the tournament. Best wrestling will be given here.....and hadoukens!