Page 91 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41 818990919293 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Puroresu Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    Yeah, I know, Bullet Club FTW!

But..

Unless he feels that he has a chance at becoming the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, he's pretty much done all he can do.

In WWE he would be presented with a whole heap of new exciting challenges, and just look at the potential matches he could compete in. D-Bry, A-Nev, Punk, and possibly Eddie-Ed and D-Rich. That might be enough to convince him. As far as I know, NJPW have always had their talent under one year contracts. If WWE were to swoop in with the right offer we could see him join sooner than we think, dude.

I mean, as fun as it must be playing a heel, but without the lure of becoming THE top guy, there's nothing to really keep him in NJPW.

But would limiting his move set be something that Devitt would be willing to do? Sure, they let PAC do the splash from the top, but what other moves has he really carried into NXT? It also exposes the mic skills, which while Devitt is able to talk well it isn't what he is known for. It would help Devitts cred if he was to go into the WWE and shine, but how much would it hurt the good thing he has going in NJPW if he was to be stuck in a middle of the road role similar to an Evan Bourne? There is also the age difference in that Devitt is 32 while PAC was 26 (I think) when he signed with WWE. Nev has time on his side to develop and learn the WWE style, but would we assume the same with Devitt?

IF the E Network is set to launch in 2014 as they claim, I could see Devitt coming in. However, I don't think you would be seeing him on RAW, rather a new show dedicated to smaller guys that would be a key selling point for the WWE Network. While you see stars like Bryan and Punk breaking out into a top level talent, I am not sure if you could see that with Devitt; especially with WWE having recently made comments about how they are looking to produce more talent from their own center and avoid picking up Indy guys who already have their "bad habits".

You could very well be right, Kash... If the cards fall right, I could see a Devitt jump but there are a lot of factors that he'd be considering before making this jump. Whatever he does, the guy has enough talent to be successful in any promotion he chooses to be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    But would limiting his move set be something that Devitt would be willing to do? Sure, they let PAC do the splash from the top, but what other moves has he really carried into NXT? It also exposes the mic skills, which while Devitt is able to talk well it isn't what he is known for. It would help Devitts cred if he was to go into the WWE and shine, but how much would it hurt the good thing he has going in NJPW if he was to be stuck in a middle of the road role similar to an Evan Bourne? There is also the age difference in that Devitt is 32 while PAC was 26 (I think) when he signed with WWE. Nev has time on his side to develop and learn the WWE style, but would we assume the same with Devitt?
    Yes, I believe he would. If DB, CMP, AN, and others were willing to choose "five moves of doom" that would be used on short(ish) TV shows (Raw & SD!) then there's absolutely no reason why Devitt would be any different. Like everybody else, the "dreaded" 5MoD are vital for any WWE talent to get their act over. The flashier moves should be saved for bigger shows/matches. It preserves the impact and wow factor those big moves carry doing it like that. Not just talking about wrestling here, as, as you may know, I'm an MC in the real world (or should that be, the world I live in outside of the mundane work related real world, lol), and out of necessity to get over with casual listeners, I need to have my "catchphrases" and "sing-along" lyrics that are easy for people to relate to and remember. When the time is right, the technical stuff comes out, as to hit folk with the more intricate stuff all the time alienates those that can't grasp the faster style I prefer to do. It's all about marketing ones self, and WWE's style of slowly weaning the fans onto a particular performers style is second to none and one in which I wholeheartedly agree with.

Devitt and promos? Yeah, I get that he's not masterclass, but he's quite the charismatic fucker in this heel role he's playing, and, given the amount of so-so talkers in WWE, I don't think he'd struggle to keep up with the rest of the mid-carders while he's honing that part of his act in preparation for a run at the upper end of the card.

I can't see Devitt falling into the into the category that Evan Bourne fell under over the majority of his career because he wouldn't allow it. He's a veteran who knows his worth, not the kid that Matt Sydal was when he joined the big leagues. There's also the fact that over the last two or so years the landscape in WWE has changed drastically, and things are far more wrestling orientated. Sure, there's this ridiculous Corporate angle going on, but that's because they're building towards the biggest Wrestlemania to date, and they're trying (in a strange and ultimately unsuccessful way) to build anticipation. Post Mania XXX things will get back to normal. At least, I think/hope they will.

He is 32, and he needs to make this jump now before its too late. Obviously lol.

IF the E Network is set to launch in 2014 as they claim, I could see Devitt coming in. However, I don't think you would be seeing him on RAW, rather a new show dedicated to smaller guys that would be a key selling point for the WWE Network. While you see stars like Bryan and Punk breaking out into a top level talent, I am not sure if you could see that with Devitt; especially with WWE having recently made comments about how they are looking to produce more talent from their own center and avoid picking up Indy guys who already have their "bad habits".
    Devitt is five feet and eleven inches tall, so he's not that small really. Also, if WWE finally give us that Cruiserweight based show they've been teasing (or, us smarks have been craving), Devitt is too sought after by the top brass for him to by pigeonholed into such a show. Something like that just wouldn't be enough to persuade him to leave his highly respected position in NJPW, and Japan in general (he has a deal with Calvin Kline over there that is quite lucrative for him, which obviously would end should he sign with WWE), so he'd need assurances of at least an upper-mid card spot from the off.

As for the rumour that WWE aren't really hiring Indy talent due to the bad habits they may have picked up, I'm not sure I believe that is a 100% set mindset for them. I prefer to look at their actions as opposed to what Ryan Clark reports, and if Davey Richards hint that he's signed a contract is true, then they'll have no problem signing Devitt. He is, after all, heavily sought after. Over the past year they've wanted him more than he's wanted them. I also feel that due to his inactivity on the US Indy circuit he will have picked up less bad habits than Mr Richards, who as far as I'm concerned is top of the list when it comes to bad habits (his selling really needs work as I'm sure we'll all agree).

You could very well be right, Kash...
    I really hope I am.

If the cards fall right, I could see a Devitt jump but there are a lot of factors that he'd be considering before making this jump. Whatever he does, the guy has enough talent to be successful in any promotion he chooses to be a part of.
    Exactly! Now is the perfect time for him to make good on that fact, and REALLY make some money in the wrestling business like he deserves. Obviously I'm a huge Devitt fan, and had Daniel Bryan not been as successful as he has been I wouldn't be so eager for him to join WWE as I had mega doubts as to how he'd be treated in McVinnieLand, but as evidenced, everyone is at least being given a chance, and given half the chances that D-Bry has been recently afforded, Devitt can make a name for himself.

Have faith, RonRon, Devitt can do this!!
    Last edited by Kashdinero; 11-03-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

If the move happens, that will be great! If not, oh well. It is Devitt.

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    If the move happens, that will be great! If not, oh well. It is Devitt.
    He's stated that he wants to go to WWE. I just hope he doesn't leave it too long, or it'll be too late, and he'll end up kicking himself.

Just let him believe...
    I actually don't want him in WWE believe or not. I don't think it's the best fit for him. By the way, lend me the crystal ball.

"I am not a NUGGET!"

Yes, I believe he would. If DB, CMP, AN, and others were willing to choose "five moves of doom" that would be used on short(ish) TV shows (Raw & SD!) then there's absolutely no reason why Devitt would be any different... The flashier moves should be saved for bigger shows/matches. It preserves the impact and wow factor those big moves carry doing it like that...
    Devitt and promos? Yeah, I get that he's not masterclass, but he's quite the charismatic fucker in this heel role he's playing, and, given the amount of so-so talkers in WWE, I don't think he'd struggle to keep up with the rest of the mid-carders while he's honing that part of his act in preparation for a run at the upper end of the card.

It's not so much that he would be stuck with the 5 Moves of Doom as he would be down to Clotheslines, Dropkicks, Punches, and Kicks. You wouldn't see those out of nowhere moves and big moments that make him stand out. His Bloody Sunday wouldn't be used because it's too much impact to the head. The Brainbuster is all but gone from the WWE. I don't think they'd be willing to let him use the GTS as it is Punks. The Double Stomp would become his only finish, and while it's impressive, it is the diversity in his move set - especially in the amount of moves that he can finish a match with - that helps to make Devitt so appealing, for me at least.

I can't see Devitt falling into the into the category that Evan Bourne fell under over the majority of his career because he wouldn't allow it. He's a veteran who knows his worth, not the kid that Matt Sydal was when he joined the big leagues. There's also the fact that over the last two or so years the landscape in WWE has changed drastically, and things are far more wrestling orientated.

While I agree that Devitt has a work ethic greater than Sydal, I can see why Sydal became complacent; especially since his best work is as a heel and WWE weren't willing to allow that character out of him because the Shooting Star that he uses always gets a face response. If Devitt is only garnering that reaction, the E will have him as a face, regardless of how good he is as a heel. And as much as the WWE landscape has changed, it is still the character that gets you over in the E Universe; not the wrestling. If that was true, you'd still see Ziggler higher up the card than where he is.

He is 32, and he needs to make this jump now before its too late.

Exactly... His is at a point where this needs to be done this or next year or else his window is closed; especially since I see them putting him in NXT for at least 9-12 months before being introduced to the main roster.

Devitt is five feet and eleven inches tall, so he's not that small really. Also, if WWE finally give us that Cruiserweight based show they've been teasing (or, us smarks have been craving), Devitt is too sought after by the top brass for him to by pigeonholed into such a show. Something like that just wouldn't be enough to persuade him to leave his highly respected position in NJPW, and Japan in general (he has a deal with Calvin Kline over there that is quite lucrative for him, which obviously would end should he sign with WWE), so he'd need assurances of at least an upper-mid card spot from the off.

It's not the height; it is his bulk. I could see WWE investing in a 5'11" Michael Elgin because he is built like a brick shithouse, and at the age of 26, they have more time to mold him before exposing him to the Main Roster. His mass alone makes him appealing for many different aspects of the show, but with Devitt (also 5'11") only weighing 180 lbs, it is a bit more difficult to see him in an upper mid-card to main event level than a CM Punk (6'2" / 215). Bryan is the closest in comparison to Devitt (with overall talent at that size), but even he looks thicker than Devitt (although Devitt has a more appealing look according to CK). Even with Bryan, it was his character after his 18 second WM match that got him where he is, and to expect that kind of lightening in a bottle twice with talent the size of Devitt is a bit past an optimists mind such as myself. Like I said, he has the talent to do it.

As for the rumour that WWE aren't really hiring Indy talent due to the bad habits they may have picked up, I'm not sure I believe that is a 100% set mindset for them. I prefer to look at their actions as opposed to what Ryan Clark reports, and if Davey Richards hint that he's signed a contract is true, then they'll have no problem signing Devitt... I also feel that due to his inactivity on the US Indy circuit he will have picked up less bad habits than Mr Richards, who as far as I'm concerned is top of the list when it comes to bad habits (his selling really needs work as I'm sure we'll all agree).

Trust me; I am not taking the info from Ryan Clark to heart. However, since this was something that Court Bauer brought up, I would believe it a bit more because I do think that he still has an inside perspective of certain things. As for Davey Richards, at this point I just think he is trying to get more attention to himself. WWE could very well sign him, but I just don't see them taking him unless Eddie Edwards is attached. Signing the tag team is a major difference than signing Davey as a stand-alone talent. If they sign Richards alone, I would be surprised and completely agree with what you are saying, however I can see WWE signing Devitt before Richards without Edwards.

Now is the perfect time for him to make good on that fact, and REALLY make some money in the wrestling business like he deserves. Obviously I'm a huge Devitt fan, and had Daniel Bryan not been as successful as he has been I wouldn't be so eager for him to join WWE as I had mega doubts as to how he'd be treated in McVinnieLand, but as evidenced, everyone is at least being given a chance, and given half the chances that D-Bry has been recently afforded, Devitt can make a name for himself.

Like I said, Devitt is talented enough to do whatever he wants. My post wasn't to say that Devitt will not sign with, nor be successful in the WWE. I am just sharing my perspective on the reasons why I think that Devitt moving to WWE is deeper than a slam-dunk, automatic superstar. The man can and will do whatever he pleases and his success is only limited by his passion for whatever project he is working on. The reason why the Real RockNRolla has been such a good thing is because you can see how much he is putting into it, and it makes you appreciate him much more.
    Last edited by Darkside Ron Garvin; 11-04-2013 at 09:52 AM.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    It's not so much that he would be stuck with the 5 Moves of Doom as he would be down to Clotheslines, Dropkicks, Punches, and Kicks. You wouldn't see those out of nowhere moves and big moments that make him stand out. His Bloody Sunday wouldn't be used because it's too much impact to the head. The Brainbuster is all but gone from the WWE. I don't think they'd be willing to let him use the GTS as it is Punks. The Double Stomp would become his only finish, and while it's impressive, it is the diversity in his move set - especially in the amount of moves that he can finish a match with - that helps to make Devitt so appealing, for me at least.

Those moves are all awesome, but he'd surely just come up with different moves. Punk lost The Pepsi Plunge, but gained the GTS. D-Bry stopped using the big swing and Cattle Mutalation, but got the Lebel Lock, and still retained the use of many submission moves. Hell, Cesaro lost the Ricolloa Bomb but got The Neutraliser (or whatever it's called)... While the original moves were awesome, the moves they replaced them with are still unique, and got over big with the fans. No doubt it's a cliche, but the moves don't make the man; it's the opposite. Besides, there's no way he wouldn't be able to use the bycicle kick or be able the fly over the top rope and other flashy moves.

While I agree that Devitt has a work ethic greater than Sydal, I can see why Sydal became complacent; especially since his best work is as a heel and WWE weren't willing to allow that character out of him because the Shooting Star that he uses always gets a face response. If Devitt is only garnering that reaction, the E will have him as a face, regardless of how good he is as a heel. And as much as the WWE landscape has changed, it is still the character that gets you over in the E Universe; not the wrestling. If that was true, you'd still see Ziggler higher up the card than where he is.

Heel Sydal was awesome in WSX and RoH. I'm still holding out for that to happen in WWE. Some would say "don't hold your breath, Kash", but stranger things have happened. Like, the man who Alex Shelley once called "The Metrosexual AJ Styles" getting signed in the first place lol. Ziggles is his own worst enemy. We've all read the interviews. Why he would be that outspoken in non-kayfabe interviews is beyond me. I get that he's trying to be his own man, but come on! STFU already lol. Back to Devitt. The dude is Irish for a start, which would immediately give him a head start in the character side of things. Granted, it could very well work against him in the long run, but it would get him noticed straight away. I think he'd be able to maintain interest, though, whether it be through his wrestling or character development.

Exactly... His is at a point where this needs to be done this or next year or else his window is closed; especially since I see them putting him in NXT for at least 9-12 months before being introduced to the main roster.

There's no way he would be stuck in/on NXT for that long. I know us smart marks tend to think that the WWE are stupid sometimes, but they're not that stupid. I'm sure they'd have him on the main roster as soon as possible to capitalise on the investment that he would be for them. We've seen guys toil away in development for an age in the past, but never to the point where it's like "come on now, the dudes been there so long he's gonna be too old by the time he gets called up".

It's not the height; it is his bulk. I could see WWE investing in a 5'11" Michael Elgin because he is built like a brick shithouse, and at the age of 26, they have more time to mold him before exposing him to the Main Roster. His mass alone makes him appealing for many different aspects of the show, but with Devitt (also 5'11") only weighing 180 lbs, it is a bit more difficult to see him in an upper mid-card to main event level than a CM Punk (6'2" / 215). Bryan is the closest in comparison to Devitt (with overall talent at that size), but even he looks thicker than Devitt (although Devitt has a more appealing look according to CK). Even with Bryan, it was his character after his 18 second WM match that got him where he is, and to expect that kind of lightening in a bottle twice with talent the size of Devitt is a bit past an optimists mind such as myself. Like I said, he has the talent to do it.

Y'know, I've no faith in Elgin being pushed in the way he has been in RoH. Dude is freakishly strong, and that works well in a small setting, but I think he'd get the Rhyno treatment, because as much as his monster gimmick works in a small time setting, it wouldn't be half as effective on the big stage.

Devitt may be slim, but so is Christian. I know Christian is taller and has the history that helped him get the chances he was given in the WHC division (there's a WHC division!? Lol, you know what I mean), but his physical dimensions held him back for ages. That he finally got his chance(s) proves that while small/slim stature may be a detriment to a wrestler, it's not the end of the world.

I don't really know why that 18 second loss happened, and thank fuck it did, but the fact is, DB was the WHC going into that match. For me, that meant he had more than surpassed expectations. Low expectations, maybe, but that's the trend most fans are following when it comes to these Indy type wrestlers. I have chose to forgo that mindset, regardless of body type or ring style. The cream will rise.

Trust me; I am not taking the info from Ryan Clark to heart. However, since this was something that Court Bauer brought up, I would believe it a bit more because I do think that he still has an inside perspective of certain things. As for Davey Richards, at this point I just think he is trying to get more attention to himself. WWE could very well sign him, but I just don't see them taking him unless Eddie Edwards is attached. Signing the tag team is a major difference than signing Davey as a stand-alone talent. If they sign Richards alone, I would be surprised and completely agree with what you are saying, however I can see WWE signing Devitt before Richards without Edwards.

Like I said, Devitt is talented enough to do whatever he wants. My post wasn't to say that Devitt will not sign with, nor be successful in the WWE. I am just sharing my perspective on the reasons why I think that Devitt moving to WWE is deeper than a slam-dunk, automatic superstar. The man can and will do whatever he pleases and his success is only limited by his passion for whatever project he is working on. The reason why the Real RockNRolla has been such a good thing is because you can see how much he is putting into it, and it makes you appreciate him much more.

I'd like to see all three get signed, but of the three Edwards is my least favourite. I know he's extremely talented and smooth in the ring, but nothing about him stads out for me. Definitely suited as a pair with Richards, but beyond that, I'm just not feeling what he brings to the table.

I guess my bottom line on Devitt is, yes, he'd be taking a risk, but not as great a risk as some others might think. I really hope he bites the bullet (club ) and makes the move (if there's still interest in him on HHH's part that is).

It's being reported(by LoP) that WWE and Devitt are in serious negotiations at the moment.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Just incase no one got a chance to watch King of Pro Wrestling. ..

http://watchwrestling.net/watch-njpw...restling-2013/

This site is a great source of concentrated wrestling when you're looking for something specific and they just started posting NJPW stuff.

DRG hates everyone

i've heard about the site, is it free? do you need to sign up?