Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspire Pro

Blog Entries

Texas Wrestling Thread

I don't know how people aren't talking about this promotion, I know there are people on this board from Texas and Inspire is quickly becoming one of the top promotions in the state.

I will post some pics of past events when I can get to a better computer but the card for the upcoming show is looking great already.

Triple Threat Match to crown the first Inspire Pro Champion
    "One Man" Mike Dell vs Davey Vega vs Jordan Jensen

"Unholy" Gregory James vs Takaaki Wannabe

Ray "Death" Rowe vs A Mystery Opponent

Ricky Starks vs "Dirty" Andy Dalton

Bolt Brady and Barrett Brown vs "The Best" Sammy Guevara and Low Rider

4 Way Elimination Match to crown a number one contender for the Inspire Pro Championship
    "The Heaviest Sumo" Jojo Bravo vs Gary Jay vs "Bionic Beast" Franco D'Angelo vs Void

The Great Depression vs "American Viking" Alexander Rudolph vs "Cowboy" James Claxton

First ever Inspire Pro Women's match
    Paige Turner vs A Mystery Opponent

Carson and Moonshine Mantell vs The Dagger Brothers (Kevin Dagger and Mike Dagger)

"The Untouchable" Alex Reigns vs Scotty "That Guy" Santiago

The Pump Patrol (Jared Wayne and AJ Summers) vs Legion's Unholy Two (Blasphemer and Morbidus)
    Last edited by PrimusSucks; 01-07-2014 at 04:13 PM.

based out of where? andy dalton is great talent. one of the best. out those, i've heard of jojo and claxton. claxton is meh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestarpunk View Post
    based out of where? andy dalton is great talent. one of the best. out those, i've heard of jojo and claxton. claxton is meh.
    He said Texas.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    He said Texas.
    yes, but where in tx?

alright, i looked it up on youtube. it remind me a little of like a wrestling promotion i use to go here (river city wrestling) and the reason i stopped going. i cant take the wrestling serious and neither do they. the crowd screams out insults and the wrestlers do to. there is barely any wrestling involved. also, shit, andy got fatter.

Blog Entries
    alright, i looked it up on youtube. it remind me a little of like a wrestling promotion i use to go here (river city wrestling) and the reason i stopped going. i cant take the wrestling serious and neither do they. the crowd screams out insults and the wrestlers do to. there is barely any wrestling involved. also, shit, andy got fatter.
    I am not sure why the crowd screaming insults is a bad thing, that is just the way Austin is. Andy did get big but he has been losing weight pretty quick recently. Also I have to disagree with Claxton being meh, dude is huge and works like the most believable big man in indy wrestling today. That is just the Texas style though, it is about building up a match as it's happening instead of giving it all as soon as the bell rings. I love it.

i use to watch claxton back in 08 at twa/twe. his matches wernt much. he is a big guy, but a lot all he did was back body drops and taunt to the crowd. given 5 minute matches, it was mostly a 2 minute match in ring. i said with the crowd chanting and insulting was the reason i dont go to rcw anymore because i pay $10 to watch a wrestling show, not the crowd and wrestlers going back. i dont mind because it can be funny, but it takes wrestlers away from the match, with a heel mostly taking his time insulting back so there isnt much given time to the match. if a match is 5 minutes, there was really 2 minutes in ring action. and this is the whole show. i hate the finishes where a heel is distracted by the crowd and he's investing his time to them, then turns around and gets hit with a finisher. invest your time on the match, make the match important as well as you too. makes your wrestlers worth going to match. some matches, are not even "wrestling" but just basic moves, back body drop, body slam, few punches here and there. few rest holds too. there really is no building to the matches.

Blog Entries
    i use to watch claxton back in 08 at twa/twe. his matches wernt much. he is a big guy, but a lot all he did was back body drops and taunt to the crowd. given 5 minute matches, it was mostly a 2 minute match in ring. i said with the crowd chanting and insulting was the reason i dont go to rcw anymore because i pay $10 to watch a wrestling show, not the crowd and wrestlers going back. i dont mind because it can be funny, but it takes wrestlers away from the match, with a heel mostly taking his time insulting back so there isnt much given time to the match. if a match is 5 minutes, there was really 2 minutes in ring action. and this is the whole show. i hate the finishes where a heel is distracted by the crowd and he's investing his time to them, then turns around and gets hit with a finisher. invest your time on the match, make the match important as well as you too. makes your wrestlers worth going to match. some matches, are not even "wrestling" but just basic moves, back body drop, body slam, few punches here and there. few rest holds too. there really is no building to the matches.
    That is simply how a lot of Texas guys work, they work the crowd because in WWE they work the crowd(just on a much larger scale) and if you want to work in the WWE like those guys do then you work like you are in WWE. That is the way a lot of guys are taught in wrestling school.

Blog Entries
    esults from the first three Inspire Pro shows, just to get everyone caught up

The-Beginning-Flyer-July-2013.jpg
    4 Way Scramble for a spot in a three way to determine a number once contender for the Inspire Pro Champion
    Void def. "Cowboy" James Claxton, "The Maverick" Jared Wayne, and "American Viking" Alexandre Rudolph
    (Void revealed himself to be "One Man" Mike Dell)

The Great Depression def. "The Youngest Gun" Jeff Gant

4-Scramble Match for the NWA Revolution Grand Warrior Title
    Erik Shadows(c) def. Jodan, Cherry Ramons, and Downfall

Chris Cross def. Darren Dean

Match for a spot in the three way to determine a number one contender for the Inspire Pro Champion
    Jojo Bravo def. "Untouchable" Alex Reigns

Match for a spot in the three way to determine a number one contender for the Inspire Pro Champion
    Bolt Brady def. "Absolute" Ricky Starks

"Unholy" Gregory James def. "Dirty" Andy Dalton

Winner advances to the Inspire Pro Title Match
    Davey Vega def. "Kentucky Gentleman" Chuck Taylor, and ACH

Inspire-Pro_Wired-For-War_September-2013_flyer.jpg
    Match to earn a spot in a three way to get a spot in the Inspire Pro Championship Match
    Jorden Jensen def. JT Lomatta

Thomas Shire def. The Great Depression by DQ

The Dagger Brothers(Kevin Dagger and Mike Dagger) def The Pump Patrol (Jared Wayne and AJ Summers)

"Absolute" Ricky Starks def Barrett Brown

"Unholy" Gregory James w/Morbidus def. Jeff Gant

"Cowboy" James Claxton def. "Dirty" Andy Dalton

Match to earn a spot into a three way to earn a spot in the Inspire Pro Championship Match
    Scot Summers def Ray "Death" Rowe by Countout

Match to earn a spot into a three way to earn a spot in the Inspire Pro Championship Match
    "Absolute" Ricky Starks def. "The Infamous" Shawn Vexx

Match to determine a number contender for the Inspire Pro Championship
    "One Man" Mike Dell def. Bolt Brady and Jojo Bravo

The-Quick-and-the-Dead_event_flyer_October_2013_edit1.jpg
    Reign Or Shine(Alex Reigns and Moonshine Mantell) def. The Pump Patrol (Jared Wayne and AJ Summers)

Scotty Santiago def. Carson

Cherry Ramons def. "American Viking" Alexander Rudolph

"Cowboy" James Claxton and The Great Depression fight to a No Contest

Legion ("Unholy" Gregory James, Morbidus, and "Blashphemer" Jeff Gant) def. Danny Chance, Downfall, and Erick Shadows

The Dagger Brothers (Kevin Dagger and Mike Dagger) def Barrett Brown and Sammy Guevara

Street Fight Rules
    JT Lomatta's Last Match
    "Dirty" Andy Dalton def. JT Lomatta

Ray "Death" Rowe def. "One Man" Mike Dell

Jojo Bravo def. "The Essence Of Excellence" Robert Evans

Match to determine the final number once contender for the Inspire Pro Championship
    Jordan Jensen def. "Absolute" Ricky Starks and "Showtime" Scot Summers
    Last edited by PrimusSucks; 12-07-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimusSucks View Post
    That is simply how a lot of Texas guys work, they work the crowd because in WWE they work the crowd(just on a much larger scale) and if you want to work in the WWE like those guys do then you work like you are in WWE. That is the way a lot of guys are taught in wrestling school.
    there is nothing wrong working the fans, its the constant through out the whole match. if youre going to give a 20 minute match, give it. not just a few moves here and there, then give a taunt to the crowd to "fire em up" every time you do a move. there is a time when its needed, to control the crowd to fire you up which then turns the match around. some filler matches are like that, but not every single match on the card is like that