EWA, HWA, AWF, JBW, IWA & BitW Legend
    Real HWA Supremacy World Champion
    IWA Insane Asylum Winner 2012
    First Ever JBW Underground Champion
    EWN Midcarder of the Year 2012
    EWN Promo of the Year 2012

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    What Necro said is spot on but this here is the focus.

I started out by watching Devitt matches and expanded from there. In a span of a year, I learned a lot but still learning nonetheless.
    Would Wrestlekingdom be a good place to start?
    "The Best of British" Rob Rage

HWA Midcarder of the Year 2011
    Longest Reigning HWA Universal Champion Ever

Ive watched nothing from Japan over Christmas , not very happy with myself

The real Bryan Danielson chant ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcfhWuxF5R4

GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT 31/5/12 HULK HOGAN BLOCKS ME ON TWITTER

Quote Originally Posted by jordan1995 View Post
    Ive watched nothing from Japan over Christmas , not very happy with myself

Quote Originally Posted by Robareid View Post
    Would Wrestlekingdom be a good place to start?
    Hell yeah! That is their Wrestlemania! There will be a delay but I will find links if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    i will watch this now , Ive just watched Devitt vs Romero the last 10 minutes were awesome

wow Tanaka vs Honma was awesome , the crowd were great also, however there should be no way Tanaka kicks out of the sitdown piledriver.

Blog Entries
    I’ve just watched my first session ever of Japanese wrestling. I decided to watch the second half of Road to the Kingdom - 1st. Here are my thoughts as I was going along

Satoshi Kojima vs. Karl Anderson – This was my first Japanese match and to be honest I wasn’t too impressed. There was some decent chain wrestling, a fair amount of strikes and not much else to be honest. The finish felt really flat to me, Anderson basically got pinned after taking a lariat. Now I’d be fine with that if he had taken a lot of offence already or the lariat was particularly good but he hadn’t and it wasn’t. He barely had any speed going into it and really didn’t look that impactful. I’d give this *1/2

Karl Anderson then cut a promo which was pretty good. I skipped Kojima’s promo as I wouldn’t understand it lol

Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Giant Bernard – Second match in and I was hoping for a bit better. I don’t know if Tenzan’s gimmick is that he has a really hard head but Bernard head-butted him and he no selled a couple of times, and this annoyed me. The first sixish minutes of this match were pretty boring; with one cool spot where Bernard squished Tenzan between him and the ring post on the outside. The rest was too headbutt and Mongolian chop based for my liking, it was the majority of the offence. The last couple of minutes were pretty good though, apart from Tenzan basically no showed a chokebomb which annoyed me, he kicked out then got straight back up. Apart from that though it was a decent last couple of minutes with Tenzan getting the win with a rollup, which I preferred as a finish to the last match. It was better than the previous match, but not by much *3/4

Giant Bernard promo was decent, yet nothing special. I don’t know how they’ve done it, but with two mediocre matches and two decent promos they’ve got me hyped for the match at Wrestlekingdom. I am hoping for better matches at Battle Xmas though

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Tiger Mask & KUSHIDA vs. Minoru Suzuki, Yoshihiro Takayama, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi – I really like Suzuki’s entrance. And damn, Takayama is big. Some nice chain wrestling to start. Wow, they had a tombstone about four minutes in… I’m not keen on that, especially when he is then up in seven seconds. Okay, why did Taichi take his tights off? This match took a while to get going, but once it did it was decent. **1/4

Prince Devitt (c) vs. Rocky Romero – I found out here that No Remorse Corps were heel, I had assumed Davey would be a face due to me seeing him in ROH. I was really looking forward to this, and I was really expecting a good match. It didn’t disappoint. A nice feeling out process before things really got going, Romero plays a great heel. A suicide dive that sends Devitt over the top rope, nice! He then got launched into the turnbuckle, ouch. Devitt has some nasty chops. A great last few minutes, a few too many double stomps for me but that’s just being picky. ***1/2

Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tomoaki Honma – Didn’t know what to expect here as I’ve never seen either of them, but as a main event I’m expecting something good. It’ll have a hard job to top the Jr. Heavyweight match though. Quick question, who were all the guys who came out with Honma? Some face stable? And for that matter who is Tanaka’s entourage? He lobbed a table (?) at him, surely that’s a DQ… Another table thrown, is this a no DQ match? Holy shit, he just threw that table so hard he made a hole in it, with his head! Holy shit, I’m usually not a fan of no selling but this is how it is done. And that is how you throw a lariat Kojima, and followed by a brainbuster. Damn the crowd is great for this one. Holy shit, diving headbutt from the top rope to the outside! Wow I thought that piledriver would be the end. Bit of a flat finish after all the offence, but what a match! ****
    "The Best of British" Rob Rage

HWA Midcarder of the Year 2011
    Longest Reigning HWA Universal Champion Ever

I guess I'll explain:

Since there will be a tag team match for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Title, the wrestling from Anderson/Kojima and Bernard/Tenzan would be long to watch (and kinda boring if you are new to the sport). The tag team match will sure to be different.

The Junior Heavyweight match has some story to it since NRC and Apollo 55 are feuding as teams. Devitt had to face both members of NRC for his title. Their Junior tag team title match is possibly the finale of that.

As for Masato/Homna match, these are two tough guys. What I mean is that they come the deathmatch scenes. (Masato Tanaka is a former two-time ECW World Heavyweight Champion and Tomoaki Honma comes from BJW, a Japanese version of extreme wrestling but WAY better.) The guys you saw are the face wrestlers in Homna's corner and they are pushing him because Homna is popular and they would like nothing more than for him to win a title.

A Devitt/Ibushi match for the viewing pleasure! This happened at last year's Wrestle Kingdom and it was a great match.