Page 78 of 539 FirstFirst ... 28 687677787980 88 128 178 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly94 View Post
    no thanks, i dont like crying
    Then stay away from Danny Dyer films

- Eve's arse atleast now we can look forward to Divas matches.
    Even Maryse cant resist watching her shake her arse

The Lost Bladesman 1/10

This is going to sound rather bias so ill understand if i get heat for this.

This film is a the stoy about 'Guan Yu' or atleast it claims to be. I know the Story of The Romance of Three Kingdoms very well and the historical character Guan Yu was one who interested me alot so i know his story very well.

The films action scenes are actually pretty good although they do nothing new its pretty much your standard chinese historical epic.

The plot itself was just as if they made it up as they went along. Like they looked at what historically happen and just went well wouldnt it be better if?

For example Tsao Tsao claims to of held Guan Yu prisoner and there is a lot of hostility between the two. This in fact was false they were meant to be extremly great friends and if Guan Yu hadnt vowed to fit for another person he would of joined Tsao Tsao straight away.

Donnie Yen again turns this film into how uber am i. The fact that his beard was WAY to small(i know being picky) and the fact that he looks to young to play him really annoyed me. Also the fact that this story was over the course of many years and Guan Yu didnt seem to age.

Again im being picky but i know the story very well you might wanna watch it if your not familiar with Three Kingdoms or if your a Donnie Yen fan but seriously dont watch this expecting any facts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    The Lost Bladesman 1/10

This is going to sound rather bias so ill understand if i get heat for this.

This film is a the stoy about 'Guan Yu' or atleast it claims to be. I know the Story of The Romance of Three Kingdoms very well and the historical character Guan Yu was one who interested me alot so i know his story very well.

The films action scenes are actually pretty good although they do nothing new its pretty much your standard chinese historical epic.

The plot itself was just as if they made it up as they went along. Like they looked at what historically happen and just went well wouldnt it be better if?

For example Tsao Tsao claims to of held Guan Yu prisoner and there is a lot of hostility between the two. This in fact was false they were meant to be extremly great friends and if Guan Yu hadnt vowed to fit for another person he would of joined Tsao Tsao straight away.

Donnie Yen again turns this film into how uber am i. The fact that his beard was WAY to small(i know being picky) and the fact that he looks to young to play him really annoyed me. Also the fact that this story was over the course of many years and Guan Yu didnt seem to age.

Again im being picky but i know the story very well you might wanna watch it if your not familiar with Three Kingdoms or if your a Donnie Yen fan but seriously dont watch this expecting any facts
    Ah was worried about that, thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Ah was worried about that, thanks for the heads up.
    It may just be me being harsh so id give it ago.

But when i watch a film about an era im interested in i want it to be accurate

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    It may just be me being harsh so id give it ago.

But when i watch a film about an era im interested in i want it to be accurate
    Thats pretty much my opnion to, dont want to spend the movie saying thats wrong, thats wrong etc.

Superman (1978) - 4/10

I wouldn't have guessed that a film with the likes of Richard Donner, Marlon Brando, Mario Puzo, John Williams, Gene Hackman, Ned Beatty and Terence Stamp would be so.... sucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    Superman (1978) - 4/10

I wouldn't have guessed that a film with the likes of Richard Donner, Marlon Brando, Mario Puzo, John Williams, Gene Hackman, Ned Beatty and Terence Stamp would be so.... sucky.
    First 1 is more of a build up the 2nd is alot better. Plus Terrence Stamp isnt in the first one General Zod is Superman 2

Thor 10/10

Loved it. Iron Man was better but Hemsworth(think thats him) was excellent as Thor, just like Downey is as Iron Man.

I seriously cant wait for The Avengers now

Zod was in Superman too... for about two minutes right at the start. (Marlon Brando's role was even more brief, and he got top billing. He really was a massive fat asshole during the late 70s - 80s, but I guess he drew money)

I guess it wasn't a bad enough film to deter me from Superman II though. Supposedly there are two or three different "cuts" of it, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    Zod was in Superman too... for about two minutes right at the start. (Marlon Brando's role was even more brief, and he got top billing. He really was a massive fat asshole during the late 70s - 80s, but I guess he drew money)

I guess it wasn't a bad enough film to deter me from Superman II though. Supposedly there are two or three different "cuts" of it, no?
    Honestly i have NO idea all i know was Superman 1 had a massive build up and was very anticlimactic. Where as Superman 2 seems to follow on immediately after and kind of finishes the film.

Think Harry Potters last 2 films.

Superman 1 was ok Superman 2 was excellent and every other Superman film would just be destroyed i mean 3 or 4 didnt even have Lois Lane it had Richard Prior NO JOKE

For a change of discussion...

What's everyone's favorite Bond actor?

I, for one, hold the unpopular opinion that Timothy Dalton was the best.... But I also hold a soft spot for Pierce Brosnan, because that's the Bond I grew up with.